Breakout player for 2010:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Re: Breakout player for 2010:

Tom Brady.Let's call a spade a spade. The Patriots only go as far as #12 takes them.END OF STORY. Let's hope that WITCH Giselle doesn't have any trips to save the world planned for Tommy in January!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

For me, 4 names come to mind when talking about break out potential.

Of the players on last years roster:

Julian Edelman- (assuming Welker starts the year on PUP) has a chance to come in an use his quickness (similar to Welker's) to impact out of the slot position and potentially on some returns.

Of the players in the 2010 rookie class:

Devin McCourty- Should immediately upgrade the nickel role and has the potential to start while providing a ton of value on special teams as a gunner and return man.

Brandon Spikes- Is a clear upgrade to any ILB (outside of Mayo) on the 2009 roster.  He has the size and skill set to potentially impact from day one as a 3 down backer.

Aaron Hernandez- Is the definition of versatility and his combination of size, speed and quickness should make him a match-up nightmare all over the field as he's too quick/fast for most LB's to cover and too big and strong for most DB's to cover in the slot.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Breakout player for 2010::
    All I can tell you is that if Giselle is a witch, just call me a FLYING MONKEY anytime!
    Posted by jfaust1954

I'd rather be a Flying Monkey for Adriana Lima. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Tyrone McKenzie

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I say that Darius Butler will have a breakout year. Dude was so close on so many plays last year, now he has a year under his belt and will be more instinctive with his plays. I could also see Bodden having a decent year, same situation as Butler.

I hope Spikes contributes, and Hernandez catches 30-50 balls, but I think Butler will have the best year.  Edelman can have a breakout season if Welker starts out on the PUP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i'm going to say for a rookie on offense, hernandez
    for a veteran hopefully maroney
    on defense the rookie will be mccourty
    for the veteran who steps up i think it will be McKenzie (hopefully crable but i doubt it)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

everybody shut up

Sections
Shortcuts