Brees 3-0 Against The Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Brees 3-0 Against The Patriots

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

"Brees is 3-0 in his career against Brady and the New England Patriots, including one of the most sensational performances in NFL history the last time they met during the regular season in 2009. In that game, Brees had a perfect passer rating of 158.3 while throwing for 371 yards and five touchdowns on a Monday night in the Superdome -- one of the key performances during the Saints' Super Bowl run"

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

The last time the two teams met was four years ago.  What's your point?  Brady was 3-0 in his first three Super Bowls.  History doesn't have a lot of influence on the here and now, particularly, old history.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

really nice post PV

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

"Brees is 3-0 in his career against Brady and the New England Patriots, including one of the most sensational performances in NFL history the last time they met during the regular season in 2009. In that game, Brees had a perfect passer rating of 158.3 while throwing for 371 yards and five touchdowns on a Monday night in the Superdome -- one of the key performances during the Saints' Super Bowl run"

The last time the two teams met was four years ago.  What's your point?  Brady was 3-0 in his first three Super Bowls.  History doesn't have a lot of influence on the here and now, particularly, old history.

I guess the article's point is that Brees is 3-0 against the patriots. Saints are 5-0. I guess he's having a pretty good year on the here and now.

That's nice.  The Patriots are having a pretty good year themselves...4-1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'll echo some... your point?  0 - 3 is a PAST performance indicator with past rosters.  Who knows what will happen this year.  If we want to be that negative, how about the fact Brady is 0 - 2 in his last two SBs and ignore past successes!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

And if the Pats manage to win on Sunday, both teams will be 5-1.

Will it matter which QB has better stats at that point in the year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Yes, Brees is 3-0 vs NE but two of the wins were with San Diego.  Anyway, what's in the past is in the past.  The real test is on the field this Sunday.  NO should have the edge.  Brees is playing very well, NO defense seems more effective, Brady is still establishing the mind-meld with his rookie receivers, all NE receivers have had the case of drops, Brady's been over and under-throwing,... Still, as a fan, I am hoping it all comes together for the home team this Sunday.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Brees played the best game I've even seen a QB play when we lost that Monday nighter in the Super Dome in '09. Seriously. I've never seen a QB make that many pinpoint throws into tight windows all game long like he did that night. If he is that dialed in this weekend, we won't win. That is extremely unlikely, though. He traditionally isn't as good on the road, especially outdoors. Expect BB to do everything possible to limit Graham, and hope our pass rush can generate consistent pressure. If our O-line and D-line play well we will have an excellent chance to win this game. It is a very tough challenge, as I think NO is one of the NFL's best teams right now, but I think we have a decent chance to win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

The Saints do not play as well away from the dome. This week here in Foxboro, the forecast is for cloudy skies and a chance of rain with some wind. If Brees has a stellar day against the Pats, the Saints could win on the road. History for Brees, however, is NOT all that great playing outdoors.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

How convenient.  History is meaningless when it's against the Pats.  Yet, when fans use history to  support the patriots winning ways - it means everything. Got it.

No, there's nothing convenient about it.  I don't speak for others...just myself.  I'm not big on old history.  Those teams from years ago are not the ones that will be taking the field on Sunday.  I certainly recognize that NO is off to a great start this year so I'm not fooling myself into believing that this game is a gimme.  It's going to be tough.  The point is, though, that it will be tough due to this year's variables and it will have nothing to do with what has happened in years past.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

That game in 09 was ugly.  I am afraid this one is going to be ugly too.  I feel pretty confident that Brees won't have a perfect QB rating this time out but he will still carve up this defense and there is no way the Patriots will out score the Saints.  I hate to be a negative Nancy here but hello 4-2.  Might as well sit Gronk 1 more week to please his daddy and have him ready for the division games the next 2 weeks.  Heck, let mallet play this one too, lol.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

That game in 09 was ugly.  I am afraid this one is going to be ugly too.  I feel pretty confident that Brees won't have a perfect QB rating this time out but he will still carve up this defense and there is no way the Patriots will out score the Saints.  I hate to be a negative Nancy here but hello 4-2.  Might as well sit Gronk 1 more week to please his daddy and have him ready for the division games the next 2 weeks.  Heck, let mallet play this one too, lol.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

I'm not sure why a Patriots fan would be so negative, going into this game.  Actually, your post probably supports Rusty's contention that you are a troll.  Well, given the start that NO is off to, it's not inconceivable that NE could lose this game.  However, I don't know what would lead you to believe that DB will carve up this year's defense.  If anything, I expect it will be the defense that keeps the Patriots within striking distance.  The offense is the big question mark.  That feels weird to say!  Ultimately, I believe that BB will have this whole team ready to roll on Sunday, after that miserable display against the Bengals.  Win or lose, it should be a good game. Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

How convenient.  History is meaningless when it's against the Pats.  Yet, when fans use history to  support the patriots winning ways - it means everything. Got it.

No, there's nothing convenient about it.  I don't speak for others...just myself.  I'm not big on old history.  Those teams from years ago are not the ones that will be taking the field on Sunday.  I certainly recognize that NO is off to a great start this year so I'm not fooling myself into believing that this game is a gimme.  It's going to be tough.  The point is, though, that it will be tough due to this year's variables and it will have nothing to do with what has happened in years past.

I agree with you.  You realize though that many fans will use history to support one perspective or another.

That's true, some do.  In this case, I believe you were the one that started this thread referencing DB's history against the Patriots. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I agree with you.  You realize though that many fans will use history to support one perspective or another.

That's true, some do.  In this case, I believe you were the one that started this thread referencing DB's history against the Patriots. 

Just as a talking piece buddy. And didn't u reference 3 SB rings as a part of history to support ur op?  Besides, I was just baiting a certain fan and having fun at his expense.

I figured that was likely the point.  Have a good one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Phat..   DIFFERENT year, DIFFERENT cast, DIFFERENT game.. past means nothing for the present game.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the fans who are hanging onto the glory days of the 3 superbowls.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you... People like to judge BB and/or Brady on those first three Super Bowls not the recent playoffs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

PhatRex/PhatVirgin/Bustchise/whodeawhodat/Fletcherbrook/DontQuestionBB/

fatsam/BungaloBill and a host of others are all the same lame Jets Troll

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zoom Image

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's see, signing in at/around the same time means we're the same person.  Signing in at different times, so as not to look like the same person, means we're the same person.  What a moron.  The sun came up this morning, you must be an idiot.  

Hi, Bustchise.  Shoot, why do I keep talking to myself?

[/QUOTE]

PhatRex/PhatVirgin/Bustchise/whodeawhodat/Fletcherbrook/DontQuestionBB/

fatsam/BungaloBill and a host of others are all the same lame Jets Troll

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zoom Image

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

Why can't people just ignore the nutjobs so they will go away? I don't understand what is so difficult about it.

Sections
Shortcuts