Brees Better Than Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Brees Better Than Brady?

This is for next season...as in the current.  Of course when its all said and done brady will be in more discussions than brees as the greatest of all time but im talking about right NOW.

Brees is on an offense with tons of young playmakers while Brady is on an aging offense with only 2 true playmakers...one of which will be recovering from surgery.

I have a feeling brees and manning will be considered the top 2 qbs for the next couple years unless management can finally learn to draft offensive talent

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Brees Better Than Brady?

You might be right as the Patriots need someone to come in and perform like a top tier receiver,and that someone has to someone other than a guy named Moss. IMHO they need to sign or draft 2 wr's this offseason,the best of the draftables would include some very raw but interesting choices, the top four draftees project to be Lafell LSU,Gilyard U-Cinn,Jordan Shipley and Dez Bryant from Oklahoma State,two true WR's and 2 slot guys... If the Patriots don't draft an early target,then there will still be another grouping to draft and this list is extensive: White from Michigan ST.,Tate Notre Dame,Decker from U-Minnesota, one of the 3 Williams kids who come from USC,Georgia Tech,and Tulane,if you don't like those guys here's another group of potentials, Anderson from Central Mich.,Riley Cooper UOF,Jacoby Ford Clemson,Narman Roosevelt Buffalo ST., Dannario Alexander U-Mizzou. Now if all those guys are not selected by the Patriots here's my personal favorite list of Draft eligibles: From Fresno State Seyo Ajiritutu,From Bowling Green Freddie Barnes and from Youngstown State Donald Jones these are the guys who I spent watching on Saturdays this past fall and all three of them have NFL caliber potential,My favoreite from all the potential choices and the guy I think the Patriots have targeted is Eric Decker but I also think that they would love to have Golden Tate fall into their laps in the first round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I have a feeling (because I can think clearly) that you are wrong.

Is there anything more narrow minded than knee jerk reaction..  At least the Michael Bishop should be our QB talk has subsided..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

This year Brees was better.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Yes.. Brees was better this year. But I find it interesting that there was 100% agreement before the season started that TB would play most if not all of the season with rust and trepidation. But shortly after the start of the season a lot of people started grading him on a straight scale.

1) Knee trashed
    2) A year of therapy
    3) A year out of football
    4) Wife pregnant for nine months
    5) New baby

Still helped his team to win 10 games and take the AFC East yet again..

Can we throw the guy a mulligan??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Brees was the best QB in the NFL this year but that doesn't mean he will be next year.  Guys don't usually stay at the top for more than one year (even Manning doesn't).  One of the unique things about Manning and Brady is that they are consistently top 10 performers in passing numbers and wins.  Brees has been consistent in numbers but not wins.  He's young, but if he keeps staying consistent and keeps the Saints as playoff contenders than he will be on the same level as Brady and Manning.  I don't see any reason to think that Manning and Brady won't also continue to be domnant also though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Silly post. He's had 1 great year. Don't be like the media who are always looking for the new best thingto talk about.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Brees has always been a solid QB, this year yes he had a better year than TB but a career no TB will not be caught by any QB that's currently playing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diiidiii73. Show diiidiii73's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    yah right if he wins 210,2011 iwake me up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Sometimes it better not to say anything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

This year yeah, but if you put Brees on the 2009 Pats, I don't see how they go any farther in the playoffs. 

And if you put Brady on the 2009 Saints, they still could have won the SB.

The Saints won the same way the old Pats did:  Big plays on D, and opportunistic offense.

The two biggest plays of the SB were the onside kick, and the Pick 6 by Horseface Choker.  Brees wasn't on the field for either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

I think dapats1281 is smoking something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

He is when he wins his 4th SB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

In Response to Re: Brees Better Than Brady?:
    This year he clearly was, yes.  Brees has been severly underrated for years, even when he was in SD.  He never had Gates at TE when he was in SD.  He had Reche Caldwell as a WR alongside Curtis Conway.  Brees is actually very reminscent of Brady.  Classy, great leader, team player, etc.
    Posted by russgriswold

I agree russgriswold 100%; however, to start talking about Brees in the same breath as Tom Brady is utterly ridiculous.  Come talk to us when Brees wins 3 superbowls, that's the part that is totally off base about this discussion thread !!!!  and by the way, who did Tom Brady have a tight end and wide receiver when he won all of those super bowls.  Come Onn pal !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So a player has a very fine season and leads his team to a SB win.  Off that one fine season the player is elevated to being a better QB than some peers.   Is that how it works?  It is ONE season.. let's see him do it a few more times and lead his team to multiple conference championships and SB appearances!!  For all we know, this could be a one and done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

why does one have to be false for the other to be true?
    brees is a solid qb who had a better year than any other qb.
    brady has had to better overall career and just got outperformed this last year.

Sections
Shortcuts