Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/12/25/in_a_battle_of_best_tom_brady_may_get_the_nod/

I'd like to see what they would do with no weapons other than a tight end and a slot receiver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady

I'd like to see what Brady would do with their wideouts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Some wierd scoring there.  The Pats O-line gets a 3 (out of possible 9)???  When healthy, Pass blocking is a strength of this team, no way they should be scored a 3.

Don't see the Saints running game as that much better then the Pats either (9 to 3).  Pats can be effective with the run if they commit to it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OriginalPudge. Show OriginalPudge's posts

Not to mention how much attention Gronk and Welker draw in to the middle of the field, meaning our wideouts almost always see single coverage on the outside. The lack of production from our WR combined with that shows how little talent we have at that position.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In Response to Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady:
    [QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/12/25/in_a_battle_of_best_tom_brady_may_get_the_nod/ I'd like to see what they would do with no weapons other than a tight end and a slot receiver.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

1st off, it's 2 TEs, a great slot reciever, and a guy he has great chemistry with...plus a talented guy who hasn't clicked yet. All with great pass blocking and talent at RB if not an amazing running game.

Now I'll give you Rogers...he has a ton of talent in his skill players, but Brees has a budding star of a tight end, and a few good recievers. I wouldn't say any of them are amazing enough to produce these numbers for him lol. I'd take the weapons the Pats have first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

You have to wonder how much better Tom's stats would be, too, if he played the majority of his games in a climate controlled dome....like Brees.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady:
    [QUOTE]     You have to wonder how much better Tom's stats would be, too, if he played the majority of his games in a climate controlled dome....like Brees.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    IMHO, any QB who plays the majority of their games in the comfy confines of a dome is no where near on par with an outdoor QB, given equal qualities, especially when they are located in the northern part of the US.  Brady, for example, has had some outstanding games in snowy conditions.  He set the single quarter TD record of FIVE in SNOW!!  Add to that the game against Da Bears last season in Chicago!  Let's see Manning or Brees do that! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think the dome plays a factor for Brees than does the weapons. 

Brady doesn't have a great wideout, but he still has the best TE in the game, the best slot WR, and another good WR/TE in Hernandez.

When healthy, we also have a much better line, especially compared to GBs.

Id take our weapons over NOs, they just play great in the dome.

GB does have superior weapons, but an average to below average line.

Theyre all playing at superb levels, but im gonna give the slight nod to Rodgers this season. His accuracy has been outstanding this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady:
    [QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/12/25/in_a_battle_of_best_tom_brady_may_get_the_nod/ I'd like to see what they would do with no weapons other than a tight end and a slot receiver.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

But that's a great Tight end and slot receiver.

I'm not sure the point of the thread.  Brees and Rogers having great seasons is no slight on Brady.  Besides, I'd be willing to bet that Brady couldn't care less about the passing record or the MVP.  I'd be willing to bet he's focused on success in the post season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Funny how a good slot receiver and tight end become the "best in the league" when they play with Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

All three QBs are good enough to win the Superbowl...nuff said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady : But that's a great Tight end and slot receiver. I'm not sure the point of the thread.  Brees and Rogers having great seasons is no slight on Brady.  Besides, I'd be willing to bet that Brady couldn't care less about the passing record or the MVP.  I'd be willing to bet he's focused on success in the post season
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

The point of the thread isn't a slight to Brady at all...it's supposed to be a big slight to Rogers and Brees, saying they aren't Brady's caliber...which in my opinion they are damn close, if not on the same level. Brady is great, but the other two are pretty great too, and Rogers is just getting started.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Mighty, this is what I've been saying.  The Pats have a few talented guys on offense, but they don't have the depth of other teams that are winning.  This proves how good Belichick and Brady really are, because we're winning with one hand tied behind our backs.  Yeah, Welker and Gronk are exceptional, Hernandez very good, and Branch a wiley veteran, but beyond those four, we have nobody opponents have to game plan against.  Give Rogers or Brees Brady's limited aresnal and they wouldn't be nearly as good as they seem now. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I agree and the bigger point is NE has no real running threat since the departed Cory Dillon negating play action- so teams are game planning to stop the pass first and foremost every game. I believe both GB and NO have had and do have a decent running game-could be wrong?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Considering the offense basically consists of an all world tight end, a awesome slot receiver and a tight end that's really not a tight end or receiver...I'd say this thread is correct - he does have less to work with. Never mind the fact that he has a running back that is very limited (Benny) and no deep threat at receiver. I wish Branch still had his unusual quickness or that Ocho did too, but they don't and it might just catch up to us come playoff time.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

We all saw what Brady did in 07 when he had a legitimate threat on the outside............He REWROTE the record books

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]I agree and the bigger point is NE has no real running threat since the departed Cory Dillon negating play action- so teams are game planning to stop the pass first and foremost every game. I believe both GB and NO have had and do have a decent running game-could be wrong?
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

FYI Greenbay doesn't

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

This is a typical manly man conversation.
    Do y'all get into comparing HD pixel definition and high-performance carburation ratios too?

Life isn't about who's a better QB.

Football is about winning games with what you have.
    Shall we begin the thread, "Who's better, Bobby Orr or Wayne Gretzky" now or is that reserved for hockey forums?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]This is a typical manly man conversation. Do y'all get into comparing HD pixel definition and high-performance carburation ratios too? Life isn't about who's a better QB. Football is about winning games with what you have. Shall we begin the thread, "Who's better, Bobby Orr or Wayne Gretzky" now or is that reserved for hockey forums?
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

At least they are arguing about guys playing in the same era and same postition how does Orr and Gretsky argument compare?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE] Life isn't about who's a better QB. 

Yeah, but this thread is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady : Yeah, but this thread is.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

...and how's that going for you?
    Brady may win the Super Bowl with his team but Rogers or Brees will more than likely win the MVP. Can we have any more irrelevant discussions?

Oh! Oh! That's what I love about the Patriots forum! I can engage in irrelevancy too!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brees, Rogers much worse than Brady :  Can we have any more irrelevant discussions? 

Sure, you could start another thread about Tim Tebow

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

That's easy....Orr.
    But like Brady and a high tide,  he raised all boats in the harbor......

Sections
Shortcuts