Brent Grimes

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Brent Grimes

In response to Godvernment's comment:

ESPN's AFC East writer James Walker mentions free agent CB Brent Grimes as an option for the Patriots.

Grimes is expected to seek out a one-year, prove-it deal in free agency after tearing his Achilles' in Week 1 last season, and Walker suggests Grimes as a cheap alternative to fellow free agent Aqib Talib. Falcons coach Mike Smith recently said Grimes' rehab is going "outstanding."

not as alt for talib but addition too sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just wonder how much of a "cheap" alternative Grimes is going to be?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

having mccourty, talib, and grimes, with dennard and maybe the honey badger as our DB's would be great!  especially if we could get reed/woodson as our SS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I really liked Grimes and he was basically a top 5 cb in 2011.

Here's the problem though:

He's maybe even more of a concern than Talib. He'll be 30 next season and will be coming off a major injury. 

He's also on a prove it deal, which means that he's going to want to start so that he can actually prove he can play.

So that means you either start him ahead of Dennard or you just don't resign Talib. I wouldn't start him over Dennard because that could affect Dennard's development.

If Talib's market isn't too high, I'd rather lock up Talib than take a gamble on Grimes, have it fail, and be stuck with no cb again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd rather have Talib because we know he fits the system but not if Talib's price is too high Grimes would be a good replacement. If Talib is within reason I'd much rather him over a cheaper Grimes

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

having mccourty, talib, and grimes, with dennard and maybe the honey badger as our DB's would be great!  especially if we could get reed/woodson as our SS!

william moorre ss, younger ss alternative

sean smith cb(grimes alternative)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

For those who put Talib on the wish list don't forget Talib's injury history.  Out a whole lot.  I don't think it would be so much about money if he weren't on the unable to perform list so much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I really liked Grimes and he was basically a top 5 cb in 2011.

Here's the problem though:

He's maybe even more of a concern than Talib. He'll be 30 next season and will be coming off a major injury. 

He's also on a prove it deal, which means that he's going to want to start so that he can actually prove he can play.

So that means you either start him ahead of Dennard or you just don't resign Talib. I wouldn't start him over Dennard because that could affect Dennard's development.

If Talib's market isn't too high, I'd rather lock up Talib than take a gamble on Grimes, have it fail, and be stuck with no cb again

if dennard is in jail grimes wouldn't hurt his development at all

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to natesubs' comment:

william moorre ss, younger ss alternative

sean smith cb(grimes alternative)

moore is likely going to be tagged

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Love the kid but he plays reckless and has a very slight frame. He plays the game the right way but is too small to last 16 games. Good agressive player I wanted to get 3 years ago though. Now its too risky and we just cant afford injuries to our already thin stable of Db's

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts