Brett Favre "Owed" the Vikings???????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Brett Favre "Owed" the Vikings???????

So, after the Brett Farve return to Minnesota saga plays out, and he says he felt he owed the Vikings another shot at it, today I see they are reworking his contract and adding 3 million signing bonus, plus an additional 4 million in incentives.  Dang, he OWED them so much that he CHARGED them more to do it?  His total compensation this year could be as much as 28 million dollars!  He seems to me more mealy mouthed, weasley, and downright sneaky as anyone in football.  I have got absolutely no respect for the guy.  All that "Brett loves the game" junk analysts spew amounts to nothing, but they still say it.  I'm just sick of the clown, and I hope he pick sixes his team out of the playoffs this year.  At the press conference, he apparently said he and is 309 career starts would be back.  Like how many starts he had will be any help to the Vikings.  Puffy, self promoting, selfish brat.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Brett Favre "Owed" the Vikings???????

I haven't heard this talked about on here but Favre also told team mates that Childress was clueless. This team has to be sckrewed up in the locker room this year.
    Here's a link to that story just out yesterday I believe.

http://thevikingage.com/2010/08/19/brett-favre-thinks-brad-childress-is-clueless/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he's a drama queen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

He reminds me of a guy at work who always miraculously disappears when the real works is happening. He's doing it to stay out of training camp and just play the season.

The way he's dealt with it the last couple years only lessens my opinion of him as an NFL QB, and with only one SB (due to three KO returns-not him) my opinion wasn't that high in the first place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

At this point it's clear, Brett Favre hates training camp. So he pulls this will he or won't he crap every year. He's been doing this scam for years. Why is anyone surprised when he comes back? I had to turn off ESPN because they wouldn't talk about anything else.

I hate to wish injury on anyone, but I wouldn't be disappointed if Favre got what Brady got in the '08 opener.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

He has to be the most overrated overpaid athlete of all time. Twenty eight million dollar interception throwing turd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Brett Favre "Owed" the Vikings???????:
    [QUOTE]So, after the Brett Farve return to Minnesota saga plays out, and he says he felt he owed the Vikings another shot at it, today I see they are reworking his contract and adding 3 million signing bonus, plus an additional 4 million in incentives.  Dang, he OWED them so much that he CHARGED them more to do it?  His total compensation this year could be as much as 28 million dollars!  He seems to me more mealy mouthed, weasley, and downright sneaky as anyone in football.  I have got absolutely no respect for the guy.  All that "Brett loves the game" junk analysts spew amounts to nothing, but they still say it.  I'm just sick of the clown, and I hope he pick sixes his team out of the playoffs this year.  At the press conference, he apparently said he and is 309 career starts would be back.  Like how many starts he had will be any help to the Vikings.  Puffy, self promoting, selfish brat.  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

I know I am in the minority here but here goes. I am sick of espn and everybody else beating this story to death but at the same time the Vikings are the ones who really want Favre to play  QB for them correct?

The guy is 41 years old and just had one of the best seasons for a QB in history did he not?

He was scheduled to make 12 mil this year a good amount of money but 7th out of QBs this year. Manning makes 20 mil and you can argue Favre had just a good of a year as PM. They both led their teams deep in the playoffs and both through game ending picks to be ousted lol. This is relevant because at this point in the season it is not like the Vikings are giving that money to any other players. The owner is just pocketing it. So I ask you why not take the extra millions that they offered to help them sell more tickets and make more revenue?

We stick up for lots of players in today's FA era. We always say we can't blame guys for getting there $ when the ownership will just cut you at the 1st sign of trouble anyway. So why shred Favre who has been playing this game longer then anybody else?

Favre responded to a question about how he felt. He said nothing in him is 100% at this point in his life but he has played in 309 straight games so he really has nothing to complain about. It was not in the "Lebron" like context that you have made it out to be. He didn't say he was taking his "talent" to Minnesota or anything.

Hate the guy all you want but to not respect a guy who is the NFL Iron man is a little much. This is the most violent sport in the world and I am willing to bet you don't play the game at 41 years like Brett is because of the money. You play it because you love it and I respect the HeL$ out of that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Favre deserves all of the criticism he receives.

However, you can't argue he gives his team the best chance to go deep into the playoffs. Also, it appears his teammates want him back unconditionally.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't heard this talked about on here but Favre also told team mates that Childress was clueless. This team has to be sckrewed up in the locker room this year. Here's a link to that story just out yesterday I believe. http://thevikingage.com/2010/08/19/brett-favre-thinks-brad-childress-is-clueless/
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Interesting article. It was obvious last year that there was some sort of disconnect between Favre and Childress when he refused to come out of the game at Carolina. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially if they start losing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Brett Favre "Owed" the Vikings???????:
    [QUOTE]At this point it's clear, Brett Favre hates training camp. So he pulls this will he or won't he crap every year. He's been doing this scam for years. Why is anyone surprised when he comes back? I had to turn off ESPN because they wouldn't talk about anything else. I hate to wish injury on anyone, but I wouldn't be disappointed if Favre got what Brady got in the '08 opener.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Wait hold on, I've been in a coma for 3 years. I thought Brett Favre retired 3 years ago as a Packer? You mean he's back playing on the Vikings? Can someone fill me in on how this all happened?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I sure hope that the gimpy kneed Welker and Brady make it through the season. Your ill wishes are questionable. Careful what you wish for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Brett Favre "Owed" the Vikings??????? : I know I am in the minority here but here goes. I am sick of espn and everybody else beating this story to death but at the same time the Vikings are the ones who really want Favre to play  QB for them correct? The guy is 41 years old and just had one of the best seasons for a QB in history did he not? He was scheduled to make 12 mil this year a good amount of money but 7th out of QBs this year. Manning makes 20 mil and you can argue Favre had just a good of a year as PM. They both led their teams deep in the playoffs and both through game ending picks to be ousted lol. This is relevant because at this point in the season it is not like the Vikings are giving that money to any other players. The owner is just pocketing it. So I ask you why not take the extra millions that they offered to help them sell more tickets and make more revenue? We stick up for lots of players in today's FA era. We always say we can't blame guys for getting there $ when the ownership will just cut you at the 1st sign of trouble anyway. So why shred Favre who has been playing this game longer then anybody else? Favre responded to a question about how he felt. He said nothing in him is 100% at this point in his life but he has played in 309 straight games so he really has nothing to complain about. It was not in the "Lebron" like context that you have made it out to be. He didn't say he was taking his "talent" to Minnesota or anything. Hate the guy all you want but to not respect a guy who is the NFL Iron man is a little much. This is the most violent sport in the world and I am willing to bet you don't play the game at 41 years like Brett is because of the money. You play it because you love it and I respect the HeL$ out of that.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more.

Farve's 309 straight games is not an accomplishment, its a matter of having had good Olines in front of him, being very lucky and playing for 20 years. Was Brady's knee injury a result of bad play? NO! Bad luck? YES! Almost all NFL injuries are purely a matter of bad luck. Avoiding injuries is not a strategy, in fact trying to avoid an injury is the usually best way to get one. Iron man my azz. He's just the man who won't go away.

If he played "for the love of the game" would be be renegotiating his contract every year? I don't think so. Would he be retiring every other week for the past three years? I don't think so. How many hundreds of millions is enough?   If he were donating his salary to charity, maybe the playing 'for the love of the game" line would have some credibility but clearly he's not.

I believe what farve plays for is the spotlight and that's what keeps him coming back. His whole on-again, off-again strategy is manufactured to keep the media hordes all hyped-up week after week and its obviously worked spectacularly for this freaking prima donna. 

Farve's whole act has become extremely lame.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

He took 12 million from the Jets for a year which he shouldn't have started, and wouldn't have started if he were anyone else, due to injury.  So many people are protecting his start streak that it has become meaningless.  It's a non factor.  He went in for a few plays in GB when injured solely to preserve the streak.  It's a distraction, and doesn't help them win anything.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting article. It was obvious last year that there was some sort of disconnect between Favre and Childress when he refused to come out of the game at Carolina. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially if they start losing.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

They had the Guy(Jason Cole) on Sirius that wrote the original article for Yahoo sports and he made it sound like the respect factor for Childress is at about zero. I actually felt bad for Childress because it sounds like they mock him on a regular basis. It's looking like Favre is running the show there and it's kind of sad. This could turn into one big circus act with Favre as the ring leader.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The guy is overrated. He's a turnover machine, but he gets called a "gunslinger". Is Mark Sanchez a "gunslinger" too? He makes stupid...I mean risky plays. 

What a tool. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

This is a simple issue: With Brett they are a SB contender. With out Brett that have zero chance.....I would like Brett too if I were the Vikings and pay him the money......the rest is drama