Brew-ski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Brew-ski

Will be elected to the Pats HOF tonight. With great regret, I will be unable to attend. I do hope thousands will. It is free to attend, and is at 5:00. Great guy, great player, great analyst. Devoted to family, community and the Pats. 

There has been great debate here at BDC regarding if there is such a thing as Patriot Way. There is, and it started with a guy who played DE in college and always negotiated his own contract because he didnt want to play anywhere else or for any other coach. He missed being a Pat so much he returned after a stroke. 

The past month or so questioned the term Patriot Way. Tedy is a reminder of what that term means

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Brew-ski

In response to rkarp's comment:

Will be elected to the Pats HOF tonight. With great regret, I will be unable to attend. I do hope thousands will. It is free to attend, and is at 5:00. Great guy, great player, great analyst. Devoted to family, community and the Pats. 

There has been great debate here at BDC regarding if there is such a thing as Patriot Way. There is, and it started with a guy who played DE in college and always negotiated his own contract because he didnt want to play anywhere else or for any other coach. He missed being a Pat so much he returned after a stroke. 

The past month or so questioned the term Patriot Way. Tedy is a reminder of what that term means

i am hoping to get down there in time for the ceremony. Is it at the Hall or are they doing it inside the stadium?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yup Teddy was a good one, helped us win a lot of close games...of course he will always be remebered for that great interception in the snow, but he did so much more. I wonder how much time this guy put in watching film and training, because he clearly got "it". He was just pretty solid doing everything....he could pass rush a little and time blitzes, he could cover pretty well, if he had a big defensive tackle in front of him he would play the run well. He was just solid and smart all around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He seemed to always have a knack for making the big play. Tedy will always be one of my favorite players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have to agree with you on this one completely..he is missed around here.....guts and pride, skill and athleticism, most of all, brains and leadership....Live long Teddy B...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Great highlight reel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqMu408ZA8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Great player, underrated for his era.  Very underrated.  Terrible analyst.  lol

I have him as a pro football HOFer, too. Before I am attacked, check Nick Buonoconti's resume up against Bruschi's. If Buonconti is in, how is Bruschi not?

Well for one thing, I dont think Mr Buonoconti took PED or HGH like Ted did. Thats what brought on his stroke. If he had a real heart ailment, they wouldn't of cleared him to play ever again. Secondly, Ted had a lot of big plays. But he also got pushed around a lot most the time. Not big enough or physical enough. Thats why he's not even considered to the "real" HOF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:

I have him as a pro football HOFer, too. Before I am attacked, check Nick Buonoconti's resume up against Bruschi's. If Buonconti is in, how is Bruschi not?

Well for one thing, I dont think Mr Buonoconti took PED or HGH like Ted did. Thats what brought on his stroke. If he had a real heart ailment, they wouldn't of cleared him to play ever again. Secondly, Ted had a lot of big plays. But he also got pushed around a lot most the time. Not big enough or physical enough. Thats why he's not even considered to the "real" HOF.

I dont believe that, but one never knows. at the expense of getting the business from the board (Rusty), I saw Bruschi last night, and congratulated him. He and Heidi are big time runners, especially Heidi, and Tedy is very much smaller now than when he played. Is it the running? I guess no one will know, but imo he was a great player, great for the community, and he loved being a Patriot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:

I did not realize he was on HGH or PED's......And that is why he had is stroke?  Laugh...whatever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It just never ends with you dumbkoff. Buoniconti is a 5 time 1st team all-pro and 8 time pro bowler. Tedy made the pro-bowl once. No comparison.

Tedy was a terrific player though. Better than any LB we have now. He certainly belongs in the Pats HOF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Buoniconti was a 5 time first team all pro.  As for stats there aren't as many since things like sacks didn't even exist and there doesn't appear to be anything about tackles on Pro Football Reference, but Buoniconti had 32 picks.  That's more than Ray Lewis let alone Tedy who only had 12.  Tedy was a great player for us, but there are only 24 linebackers in the Hall of fame.  Tedy is not a top 25 LB of all time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I tend to agree. Stats do not tell the entire story. Pro bowls are a popularity contest. Tedy wasnt popular until Madden noticed him, but he had pro bowl years prior to being named (as many players often do)

the telling stat is SB wins and appearances, playoff wins and appearances, and he was a leader on a dynasty team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

New England Patriots @Patriots 8m

In honor of his Hall of Fame induction, some of our all-time favorite Bruschi photos: http://on.fb.me/13hhDy9  #toomanytochoose

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BAbe and PCMIV's premise is more All Pro nods

More? Well, yeah, I guess 5 is more than zero.

He's a 5 time 1st team all-pro. That's way more than just making the pro-bowl. And in '69 he was all-pro, you know, the year the AFL won the SB for the second time in a row.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I also said Buoniconti, while a great AFL player, was only a good NFL player. His quality of play DIPPED after the merger.

My apologies to the mods but, you are a complete imbecile!!!!!

His play dropped off because he hit 30 dum bass. Even you might have heard that age is a big deal in the NFL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Bruschi has more sacks, probably more tackles

Sacks weren't even an official statistic when Buoniconti played.  And even if you want to talk about "more sacks" Buoniconti had WAY more INTs.  Saying INTs don't matter for an LB is idiotic.  A turnover is a huge play.  You don't need to get lots of INTs to be a great LB, but to pretend it isn't a huge plus is nonsense.  As for tackles you have no evidence because there is no definitive source for that information either. 

As for your claims about Bruschi's postseason resume you forget that Buoniconti went to 3 SBs and won 2.  Plus he was part of the "no-name" defense that was an important part of those 70's teams.  Buoniconti wasn't some postseason scrub.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bruschi has more sacks, probably more tackles more AFC title appearances, more rings, more SB appearances, more playoff production, played more positions, AND played in a more difficult era.

LMAO@U Right dumbkoff, Nick didn't have Brady and Belichick taking him to the big games.

And Nick had more INTs per playoff game than Tedy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

#85 was the first real AFL middle linebacker star...his play was consistent and steady and always great....he almost patented the MLB blitz and played great on some terrible Pats teams...no one begrudged his trade to Miami because it freed him to play for a good team...he was popular for the league because he was very smart and finished law school while playing and went on to have a very influential and thriving law practice...he was short and a bit undersized but quick and brilliant as a MLB...if he had been Ray Lewis' size he would have been the greatest MLB in NFL history because he may well have been the smartest....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Saying INTs don't matter for an LB is idiotic.

Well, that's right up his alley.

His problem in a nutshell is that if he "thinks" something, he considers it a fact. It's what he comically calls "context".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And I might add about Nick, he was a native son from Springfield MA.

Love the Bruschi, but Nick was better. It's a shame we are even comparing the two, but this is what happens when our troll VI gets a stupid notion.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Tedy Bruschi
    Troy Brown
    Kevin Faulk
    Rodney Harrison
    Ty Law
    Matt Light
    Willie McGinest
    Lawyer Milloy
    Richard Seymour
    Mike Vrabel

If Bruschi is NFL HoF material then so are the rest. If he is not then none of 'em are.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Tedy Bruschi
    Troy Brown
    Kevin Faulk
    Rodney Harrison
    Ty Law
    Matt Light
    Willie McGinest
    Lawyer Milloy
    Richard Seymour
    Mike Vrabel

If Bruschi is NFL HoF material then so are the rest. If he is not then none of 'em are.

Out of that list Seymour might make it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan96. Show patriotsfan96's posts

THE BEST

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

Tedy Bruschi
    Troy Brown
    Kevin Faulk
    Rodney Harrison
    Ty Law
    Matt Light
    Willie McGinest
    Lawyer Milloy
    Richard Seymour
    Mike Vrabel

Out of that list Seymour might make it.

Rodney, Seymour, Vinatieri, Law and Bruschi are clearly in the discussion. 

Vinatieri probably has a high chance of making it. But he wasn't on the list.

Rodney and Law may get a decent number votes but I doubt they will make it. Tedy will probably only get a handful of votes at best.

Sections
Shortcuts