Brew-ski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Brew-ski

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I am not asking for him to be pulled from the HOF.  I am well aware of his resume. I am making a case that Bruschi's is clearly comparable, if not superior. Bruschi didn't spend 10 years playing in the CFL or something.

The AFL was an experimental league at the time.

You are making no such case. You are simply doing what you always do; spinning BS.

What does it take to drive a fact into that dense brain of yours? The AFL won 2 SBs around the time Nick was in his prime and being named all-pro.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Vinatieri probably has a high chance of making it. But he wasn't on the list.

Rodney and Law may get a decent number votes but I doubt they will make it. Tedy will probably only get a handful of votes at best.

I figured Brady and Vinatieri are locks so I left them off the list.

Larry Izzo could've been added as well. Underrated special teamer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Izzo? Come on. Steve Tasker was great as a STs lifer, but they aren't HOFers.  Brady of course is in. I was more so talking about borderline guys and the Pats guys you could make a strong case for.

I goofed on that one for sure. Are there any special teamers in the hall? I know Ray Guy isn't but he probably should be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am not asking for him to be pulled from the HOF.  I am well aware of his resume. I am making a case that Bruschi's is clearly comparable, if not superior. Bruschi didn't spend 10 years playing in the CFL or something.

The AFL was an experimental league at the time.

You are making no such case. You are simply doing what you always do; spinning BS.

What does it take to drive a fact into that dense brain of yours? The AFL won 2 SBs around the time Nick was in his prime and being named all-pro.

[/QUOTE]

The Chiefs. One team had their stuff together because they were formerly the Dallas Texans, so they just moved.

[/QUOTE]

Incredible stupidity. The Dallas Texans were AFL, so what the hell is your point here dumbkoff?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Jets won with a fluke SB.   

Original AFL teams won 4 of the 6 SBs from 1969 to 1973. Were they all flukes dumbkoff?

I love to see you cornered as the liar you are and watch you try to squirm out of it. You're almost as pathetic at that as you are in general.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont believe that, but one never knows. at the expense of getting the business from the board (Rusty), I saw Bruschi last night, and congratulated him. He and Heidi are big time runners, especially Heidi, and Tedy is very much smaller now than when he played. Is it the running? I guess no one will know, but imo he was a great player, great for the community, and he loved being a Patriot.

Are you on a first name basis with Tedi's kids too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Original AFL teams won 4 of the 6 SBs from 1969 to 1973. Were they all flukes dumbkoff?

Technically Miami wasnt an "original" AFL team. The Dolphins joined the league in '66

[/QUOTE]

Technically you are correct. I should have said "originally AFL teams". I think the term did not take away from my point though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to patriotsfan96's comment:

THE BEST

Great ceremony for Gil and Bru. 

I understand now why ESPN hired him. He spoke for almost 40 minutes at times spontaneously/genuinely and from the heart. 

40 minutes and it seemed like 10. 

As BB has said many times the perfect Patriot. He may not have been the best in terms of talent or  athleticism but he was a fierce competitor, great teammate and a winner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

THE BEST

I understand now why ESPN hired him. He spoke for almost 40 minutes at times spontaneously/genuinely and from the heart. 

As BB has said many times the perfect Patriot. He may not have been the best in terms of talent or  athleticism but he was a fierce competitor, great teammate and a winner.

[/QUOTE]

He will be my favorite Patriot of all time...I know this is kind of cheesy, but one of my favorite pictures is the one of him sitting on the field with his sons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

THE BEST

[/QUOTE]

He will be my favorite Patriot of all time...I know this is kind of cheesy, but one of my favorite pictures is the one of him sitting on the field with his sons.

[/QUOTE]

Robert Kraft actually spoke about that in his introduction as something that stood out to him about Bruschi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yup Teddy was a good one, helped us win a lot of close games...of course he will always be remebered for that great interception in the snow, but he did so much more. I wonder how much time this guy put in watching film and training, because he clearly got "it". He was just pretty solid doing everything....he could pass rush a little and time blitzes, he could cover pretty well, if he had a big defensive tackle in front of him he would play the run well. He was just solid and smart all around.

When I think of Tedy, the play that stands out is when he jerked the ball away from Colts RB Dominic Rhodes in the Pats' 20-3 AFC Divisional Playoff win against the hated Horsefaces in 2004...and when he took "The Bus" on, head on, the following week in Pittsburgh, in the Pats' 41-27 win in Pittsburgh, in the 2004 AFC Title game.

"Hey Pats fans, did it feel so, so good when we stuffed the Polian passing rules and Peyton Manning's vaunted offense up his backside in the 2004 playoffs?   Ooohhhhhhhh....YEAH!!!! 

Full tilt, full time!!