Brian Billick calls pats "pedestrian"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Brian Billick calls pats "pedestrian"

asked by Cowherd how pats are able to consistently put up numbers offensively...

" patriots are a pedestrian team with a hall of famer at quarterback"...

Pedestrian?

pedestrian.  Def. adj. Lacking in vitality, imagination, or distinction.  Commonplace. Dull.

What a dipsh!t...  And they pay this dork for insight and expertise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Brian Billick calls pats

If Billick wants top see "pedestrian",he should look at his QB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Billick wants top see "pedestrian",he should look at his QB

[/QUOTE]

Or in the mirror.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Well,

On his last power rankings, he had the Pats at number 6...soon to be 5 after GB lost...so he still considers then one of the very best teams in the league.

I didn't hear it, but I would suspect that his message is that this team would be an average team without Brady. Which I agree...but I also agree with that about Green Bay, Denver, NYG, ATL, NO and pretty much any team with an elite QB. (Actually, NO seems pretty pedestrian with Brees)

However, doesn't make Billick a dipsh!t for having a different opinion than yours. He offers an opinion. He could very well be right for all we know. I do believe that Brady elevates the game of those around him.

Was this live? If so, I would just say it was a poor choice of words

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More proof of anti-BB rhetoric and jealousy. If he says it's all about Brady, he protects the idea that he had substandard QBs in Baltimore and that BB is overrated, as he showscases a raging jealousy of BB himself.

Yep.

There are 3 people on the NFLN who are anti-BB and obviously so:

Billick, Marshall Faulk and Jamie Dukes

[/QUOTE]

Most certainly Marshall Faux has never had one good thing to say about the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You really think he's that far off base?

Bottom 5 pass defense in Y/A - bottom 7 in DPR. Run D allowing .3 ypa less than league norm. Running game getting .1 ypa more than leagie norm.

Subtract one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had from that and "pedestrian" seems a reasonable assessment.

Not to a Pats' fan mind you, because they tend to grossly overrate. But to a fair minded observer his statement would seem close to the mark.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Brian Billick the offensive head coach who won the superbowl with the most inept offense of all time and if that isn't enough to persuade you his opinion is moot...also the guy who drafted and entrusted his offense to Kyle Boller

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

More proof of anti-BB rhetoric and jealousy. If he says it's all about Brady, he protects the idea that he had substandard QBs in Baltimore and that BB is overrated, as he showscases a raging jealousy of BB himself.

Yep.

[/QUOTE]

Just keep telling yourself that junior.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Billick is a putz! I am not sure I have heard one smart thing come out of his mouth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

Yep.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree with you on this count:

You're saying no one can criticize the Patriots without being anti-BB or jealous? The only people allowed to say anything negative about BB are on his competitive level?

Just because someone has a different opinion about our team doesn't make them anti-NE. Fans need to be more objective.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Billick, an offensive coach, couldn't muster 15 points against the dreadful 2006 Colts defense at home in the playoffs.  He is the pedestrian

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It depends on what the guy is actually talking about...is he talking about the offense? Is he talking about the defense? Or is he talking about the team overrall?

If he is talking about the offense then he is a moron. Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez are pretty special players. Ridley is not chopped liver and Woodhead and Vareen are pretty good third down backs. Our offensive line has a left tackle that may have as much talent as anyone in football.

If he is factoring in the defense, then I do think they are average enough to perhaps bring the whole team down to a lower level, however I wouldn't call it a pedestrian level. If he is just talking about the talent of the defense alone, then I do think he and others that are not from the area would call it pedestrian. 

Billick for the most part has been pretty pro Patriots from what I've seen unless we are playing the Ravens. The same can be said for when Aikman bashed our defense last year calling them the worst he's seen make the playoffs (Aikman has always been fair). I would NOT call this team pedestrian, but I would certainly call our defense that...or even worse. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It depends on what the guy is actually talking about...is he talking about the offense? Is he talking about the defense? Or is he talking about the team overrall?

If he is talking about the offense then he is a moron. Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez are pretty special players. Ridley is not chopped liver and Woodhead and Vareen are pretty good third down backs. Our offensive line has a left tackle that may have as much talent as anyone in football.

If he is factoring in the defense, then I do think they are average enough to perhaps bring the whole team down to a lower level, however I wouldn't call it a pedestrian level. If he is just talking about the talent of the defense alone, then I do think he and others that are not from the area would call it pedestrian. 

Billick for the most part has been pretty pro Patriots from what I've seen unless we are playing the Ravens. The same can be said for when Aikman bashed our defense last year calling them the worst he's seen make the playoffs (Aikman has always been fair). I would NOT call this team pedestrian, but I would certainly call our defense that...or even worse. 

[/QUOTE]

By "pedestrian" I think he means without Brady they are an 8-8 team. That's not crazy talk. Ridley is an improvement over Benny but still is averaging only .4 yards over the norm. Good, but hardly *wow* material. Gronk and Wes are stars, but Billick might be thinking just how starry they would be with a Sanchez throwing to them for instance. And I doubt he is aware of Solder's potential. Of course, like everybody else except some kool-aide drinkers here, he sees the D as below average to just plain bad.

Without Brady he simply sees them having the same talent a bunch of teams have. He's not far off the mark if off the mark at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

By "pedestrian" I think he means without Brady they are an 8-8 team. That's not crazy talk. Ridley is an improvement over Benny but still is averaging only .4 yards over the norm. Good, but hardly *wow* material. Gronk and Wes are stars, but Billick might be thinking just how starry they would be with a Sanchez throwing to them for instance. And I doubt he is aware of Solder's potential. Of course, like everybody else except some kool-aide drinkers here, he sees the D as below average to just plain bad.

Without Brady he simply sees them having the same talent a bunch of teams have. He's not far off the mark if off the mark at all.

[/QUOTE]

I do see it as a bias. See how Green bay faired against giants yesterday. How are they ranked so high and not pedestrian. We went toe to toe with this defence with giants who just spanked GB. Looking at last nights game SB defence was real work of whatever you want to call it on BBs part. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sam0377's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do see it as a bias. See how Green bay faired against giants yesterday. How are they ranked so high and not pedestrian. We went toe to toe with this defence with giants who just spanked GB. Looking at last nights game SB defence was real work of whatever you want to call it on BBs part. 

[/QUOTE]

Without Rodgers the Pack is pretty pedestrian as well.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think everyone knows that Brady is the straw that stirs the drink.  But how to account for the Matt Cassel year?  Easy schedule?  Maybe.  They coached him up?  Could be, but then some people called Brady a system quarterback early in his career.   

I won't call it a sure thing, and I hope we don't have to find out soon, but I am sure BB could build a playoff caliber team without Brady.  Would they be true contenders?  Who knows.  If you put a guy who is 75% of Tom Brady in this offense and give him the weapons TB currently has it would be a competitive team, better than 8-8 in my opinion.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Well I believe that there is a Bias against the Pats by most of the NFL talking heads.  Some of it is real and some of it is just to create controversy.  

I could name a bunch of examples but just a couple are when Ditka picked the Rams over the Pats because he thought that Fisher was such a great coach.  Even Rodney said that Eli was a better QB than Brady the other night.  

The bottom line is whether or not they have a personal agenda is irrelevant.  The Bias against the Pats just is.  One reason is that they've been at the top of their game for so long.  When the Pats were doormats of the league everybody on the tube thought it was great when they did something good.   Those days are long gone and good riddence to them.  

Now, it's just more fun to see these talking heads be wrong over and over again.   :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why do people have issues with another's opinion they consider not in line with their own?  Not everyone will fawn over the Pats or Brady as one would see from the team's own fans.  Opinions are just that, opinions.  Read, shake your head and move on.

As for Billick.. he has always had a taint of anti-Pats bias.  You see this in many announcers or former football players/coaches who may have a bias towards any team.  They can't see the forest for the trees due to their myopic vision of that team or player.  What is most aggravating.. they can talk about a team being the "best" in one sentence then slam them in the next.  Just what is their opinion, anyway, if they go from one extreme to another all the time?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What are the odds that Luck takes the Colts further in 12 than Manning in 10.  How about that he takes the colts further in 12 than Tebow in11, the 2nd round of playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well,

On his last power rankings, he had the Pats at number 6...soon to be 5 after GB lost...so he still considers then one of the very best teams in the league.

I didn't hear it, but I would suspect that his message is that this team would be an average team without Brady. Which I agree...but I also agree with that about Green Bay, Denver, NYG, ATL, NO and pretty much any team with an elite QB. (Actually, NO seems pretty pedestrian with Brees)

However, doesn't make Billick a dipsh!t for having a different opinion than yours. He offers an opinion. He could very well be right for all we know. I do believe that Brady elevates the game of those around him.

Was this live? If so, I would just say it was a poor choice of words

[/QUOTE]

Yeah... Except choosing words is his profession now and his intelligence was always part of his coaching success.

This was an example of a pundit speaking about something he knew crap about.

Any lameA$$ can make a statement that Brady is the entire team and not be entirely wrong.  The difference here is anyone paying attention can see the contributions from the rest of the team equaling Brady's excellent play .  OL, DL, LBs, point differential, improvements in secondary, TE dominance , WELKER, ... Edelman, STs,. .

PICK ONE, blind squirrel, find a nut to talk about.  Give yourself  some credibility.  This team is on the rise and the dipsh!Ts of the world are trying really hard to ignore it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts