Brian Hoyer the new Steelers QB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Brian Hoyer the new Steelers QB

If Charlie Batch doesn't perform early vs the Browns on Sunday, I think that Brian Hoyer will get his chance to play in place of injured Big Ben?  I don't think the Steelers give Charlie much leash and the Steelers can't afford a back to back loss to Cleveland with the Ravens looming on the horizon.  Hoyer has only been on the team for a week, but is probably their best healthy QB and needs the experience.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Brian Hoyer the new Steelers QB

I never was much of a Hoyer fan but I'm glad he's getting a shot somewhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Would be great if he came in the game and rallied the team and fans... And then beat the ravens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would be great if he came in the game and rallied the team and fans... And then beat the ravens.

[/QUOTE]

that would be great

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

When HOYER got franchised for 1.7 Million by the Pats, what happened to that salary? Was it gauranteed? Did the Pats have to pick it up even though Hoyer got cut?  Just curious about how that works.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hoyer never really had a chance to play much here in NE.  Brady would have had to have been injured for an extended period of time to allow Hoyer to get into any groove.  Mopping up games and an occasional snap here and there a career do not make.  He may surprise many when given true game time to make a difference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When HOYER got franchised for 1.7 Million by the Pats, what happened to that salary? Was it gauranteed? Did the Pats have to pick it up even though Hoyer got cut?  Just curious about how that works.

[/QUOTE]

Did they use the franchise tag on Hoyer ever?  I don't remember that.  Salaries are guaranteed for the year under a franchise tag, but I don't recall Hoyer being tagged.  If a tagged player is cut, he's still paid the full amount under the rules (assuming, of course, the player has signed the franchise tag deal). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think if Steelers were smart they would give this guy a chance.

[/QUOTE]

they should start him!!!