Brian Hoyer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Brian Hoyer

a friend of mine told me that there were rumors about QB needy teams with interest in Hoyer as a trade option. i was watching the tape of him versus the miami dolphins in week 17 and i really liked what i saw for the most part.

is it possible that the reason the pats took Mallett (was partly) due to interest of other teams in Brian Hoyer?

PS i love the play at 5:07 in this video. it is a screen to edelman, and vollmer makes sure he picks up the first down haha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Brian Hoyer

I think the Pats took Mallett because he was just too good of a player to pass up....it is a QB driven league & Mallett is probably the most talented of all that were taken but "CHARACTER" made him drop to us...I believe he is one of the biggest steals of the draft & IF he is patient & studies the way I hear he does, he could become the future of the franchise when Bradys contract is up...
    I hadn't heard anything about any teams wanting Hoyer but I believe that there could be some team out there interested in him...if the Pats can snag a 2nd & 4th for him then I'd be cool with that....I'd also be fine having all 3 QB's on the roster as well....does yourbud got any idea what teams are interested in him or where he got that rumor from???!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's all about assets.

It's no secret that the league is curiously thin at quarterback. You could probably count the truly elite quarterbacks on one hand and lump most of the rest of them into the "other" category (with a couple guys left over who have no real business being in the league). In microcosm, the Pats have what can only be considered an embarassment of riches under center. Their starter is arguably the best quarterback in the league. Hoyer -- although his resume is sparse -- has shown himself to be a serviceable backu-up in a league where a lot of "serviceable back-ups" are starting for lack of anyone better on the roster. That, just by itself, would probably put the Pats ahead of every other team in the league at the game's most important position, and now they've got a legitimate potential franchise guy in the pipeline, while Brady is still in his prime. This is what comes of drafting from a position of strength, rather than drafting "for need."

Whatever the Pats eventually get for the undrafted free agent, Hoyer -- who is almost certain to be the odd man out, sooner or later -- it will be money for nothing, and Belichick will once again have schooled the rest of the league.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Brian Hoyer has talent and has been in this system for three years I think.  What I see here, as usual, if the fascination with players who are considered to be marquee, without ever having played a down in the NFL.  Such posters are making Mallett the second coming of Tom Brady and I do see that as really premature.  Time will tell but I wish that PATS fans would wake up to the fact that they have a very competent backup with talent and desire and stop wishing him away in some dream trade scenario that will probably turn out to be as accurate as most of their draft dreams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

we must all remember that Kevin O'connell was taken in the 3rd round as well and myself along with many other posters thought he was a great pick and the future of the position after brady.  where is he now?  While i do think mallett has a great deal of potential i do not think that he is necessarily the 2nd coming like many posters are practically claiming.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laxnpats. Show laxnpats's posts

justed watched the video hoyer looks to be good but not a franchise qb but i did love what he did with all those back up WRs just shows us that we have the talent we need at WR...ik it was that dolphins but still Price did more in that game in my eyes than chad jackson ever did lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Brian Hoyer:
    we must all remember that Kevin O'connell was taken in the 3rd round as well and myself along with many other posters thought he was a great pick and the future of the position after brady.  where is he now?  While i do think mallett has a great deal of potential i do not think that he is necessarily the 2nd coming like many posters are practically claiming.
    Posted by natesubs

As of last August he has been out of the NFL after being waived by the Jets (side note)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: Brian Hoyer:
    Posted by natesubs

this post is by no means a way for me to say that mallett is the end all be all at QB... i was jsut asking if anyone thought we could get value out of a hoyer trade considering his contract is up after this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

saw a good article on him http://60maxpowero.com/

Sections
Shortcuts