Brian Simmons OG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Re: Brian Simmons OG

I hope he plays his career with a chip on his shoulder...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am rooting for him to stick and us to stick Mankins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I didn't know anything about him until we signed him but I will sure be keeping an eye on him tonight. They say he should see plenty of action.
    I'm rooting for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I love underdog stories, I'll root for this guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Let's have more stories about guys like this and fewer about clowns like the jests coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Leave it BB to find a guy like this to possibly replace Mankins...genious...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

I have already written to the Patriot's Football Weekly to see what additional information they have on Brian Simmons.  I also love underdog stories, which is why I orginally became a Patriot's fan in the middle 70's.

Two additional points:
         a.  Why is Brian Simmons practicing as a Tackle instead of a Guard?

b.  If Simmon's makes the team and the Patriot's intend on playing
              Simmon's at Guard, then the Patriots should trade Logan Mankins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Brian Simmons OG:
    [QUOTE]I have already written to the Patriot's Football Weekly to see what additional information they have on Brian Simmons.  I also love underdog stories, which is why I orginally became a Patriot's fan in the middle 70's. Two additional points:      a.  Why is Brian Simmons practicing as a Tackle instead of a Guard?      b.  If Simmon's makes the team and the Patriot's intend on playing           Simmon's at Guard, then the Patriots should trade Logan Mankins.  
    Posted by Phoenix125[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? Isn't Simmons a rookie with just reported to camp this week? Replace Mankins? Everyone loves the underdog story (Buddy Farnham) but we expect Simmons to walk off the street and replace a Pro Bowl player?

Simmons will most likely not make the 53 man roster and go to the practice squad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Count me in on the fan club.  I have no idea if he can play, but who doesn't love an underdog story; not to be confused with a story from Underdogggg.

It will be great if he turns into something good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

While I think rooting for Simmons is great he is not a Guard he's a tackle...I hope he does well also...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Have you tried opening the links above?....Simmons played Guard at OU. Follow link 2 to the Sooners homepage and you'll see. He is actually quite big for a Guard. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I am from Mass but I am now living in Oklahoma. Simmons was a good player at OU. He did start some games but he was not a true starter. Think of him as a player who could turn into a good solid nfl player. He may not grab the headlines but he can be a good player who has the ability to surprise a few people. I do believe that if not for the foot injury he would be better recognized as a good prospect. I would also say that he may have overall better talent than Duke Robinson who is starting for the Vikes. Another interesting signing that can pay off for the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

How can you not root for this kid?  I'll be watching for him tonight.  If he doesn't make the 53-man roster then why not the practice squad?  Who knows - perhaps another BB success story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

grego and ALL:

First off, I gotta tell'ya grego That this is a wonderful, wonderful "feel good" story, a nice topic, and an extremely mature thread find on your part.  For my part now, I promise you that I will dutifully uphold your adult intentions stated from above with great dilligence throughout my post, and only minorly undermine your intent with base childishness, pretty slightly in fact towards the end.  Let's begin...

Boy, I DO hope this dude makes the team now.  Those were decent links provided from above on Simmons.  6'4, score above 300lbs...AND he originally played DT to begin with.  Not to be selfish, BUT this all coupled with the "disability" of his foot, Tells Me:  The EXACT size I want in my Offensive Guard, And watching some DT vids of him told me he's quick, This coupled with the fact that even though he's got the good OG height (6'4-6'5 ideally for me)-Simmons doesn't have that well-above-300+lb bulk, SO without knowing anything further=VERY good candidate for NE's agile, pass-first O-Line & zone-blocking run, AND The DT-thing + Simmons Combine-Invite shun and being Undrafted, TO Me says-Agressive Mentality with ALOT to prove (love that).

As I stated, I did added research on Brian Simmons ("attempted to"), BUT man-NOT alot...Despite some very good takes on him by several of the better Pro scouting sites.  Lol, Going on one of the major network's 2010 Draft Page, It FIRST-Made me realize why I HATE the major "Mel Kiper Based" Draft People who do the positional rankings...  By several of the better sites, Simmons was ranked anywhere from #17-#22 of the Collegiate Offensive Guards, but outta the something-like 35 (at least) prospects for OG on one'a these sites, Nope...No Brian Simmons.

DIGRESSION Now:  Also goin' on that 2010 Draft Site, Made me painfully relive the fact THAT even though (as I've stated from Day #1), I trully believe this NE Draft was better (and WILL be), Than ANY NE Draft in roughly 6-8 whopping years, Why...WHY Belichick did'ya draft a Punter in Round #5?  Why, when the nation's #2 overall rated Center is still on the board in Matt Tenant (smart, aggressive, agile in zone-fit, NE's center's becoming a geez)?  And Why man, when one of the ONLY people who I believed could have been a VERY good Strongside OLB in Greg Hardy (smart, quick, good football IQ, ideal size)-was HIMSELF still on the board?  
         Sheez Bill, It's like you're not even readin' my e-mails any longer.  I mean, I'll obviously keep sendin' 'em, bu- whatever...  A Punter, Rd 6=Yes, Rd 5=Nooonoono, and not in a great draft class.

Go to fullsize image

SEE this guy?  It's Texas Tech's Offensive Guard Brandon Carter.  Himself, rated actually much higher than Brian Simmons...  THIS is actually the guy I was PRAYING that New England drafted in later Rds.  I'm sure he's battlin' it out somewhere, "Somewhere" because, He went undrafted himself...  Ya know, It just goes ta show ya:  You ACT like a psycho, and You LOOK like a psycho, then you get zero work.  Wish they woulda told me this in college...I mean, THAT woulda been a somewhat important lesson to touch upon sometime before security ushers you outta the building, right?

Anyway, Back to Brian Simmons before the end.  I LOVED this from the article:

Dude's got the talent:

"Playing next to Trent Williams for much of the time, Simmons' athleticism and balance stands out on film. He proved at his Pro Day (the official Oklahoma Pro Day March 9, not Sam Bradford's throwing session March 29) that he was a legitimate draftable athlete at guard -- especially considering the relatively weak crop of talent that was available this year. Simmons measured in at 6-4 1/4, 315 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash between 5.19-5.26. He was timed at 4.75 in the short shuttle, 7.61 in the 3-cone and posted a 28" vertical jump and a 8-10" broad jump. I was disappointed, if not surprised, when Simmons wasn't drafted or immediately signed as a high priority free agent."

I just pray (seriously), that none of Simmon's physical problems-limits him in ANY way in the end:

"According to Brandon George's article in the Dallas Morning News, Simmons wears a size 17.5 shoe on his left foot and a size 16 on his right.
    George's article, written in August of 2007, notes that Simmons has had his right foot broken and re-set a staggering 16 times during surgeries."

In regards to myself now, I actually have no ostensible physical limitations, which can be termed "un-PC-like" along the "physical defect" nature...  I would however, like to reveal to ALL now, That excepting for that Working & Struggling hard through the perseverance due to being born with a physical limitation that the vast majority of us take for granted, I AM just like Brian Simmons, in a way.  I, MYSELF have certain defects.  None of which I was born with, BUT I personally have the great limitations of being excessively lazy AND I've worked pretty dang hard in my life attempting to make myself d#mber than I was earlier in my existance.  

SO here, I'll give you ALL a perfect "true life" rather fitting example:  I have had certain issues with my feet, myself, Over time now...somewhat due to circumstance, somewhat due to my own poor neglect.  "Poor Circulation leading to walking problems," You guys now ask?  No...During the past handful of years, I have grossly neglected cutting my toe nails.  Now WAIT people, I DO know that this isn't a "Defect" per se, Yet I really would like you now to add in that aforementioned "D#mb and Lazy" Aspect I brought up formerly...

I only bring this up because last night, I buckled down and ACTUALLY trimmed my toenails for the first time in 6 perhaps, 10 months or so (only god knows).  And SEE, they WERE becoming a physical limitation for me:  Walking became weird at times, They'd catch onto the blankets at night, And these are- just to name a few of the "limiting factors" I encountered (towards the end, all I could where were sandals).  ANYway, It wasn't simply the "Lazy" aspect at play here, NOR even the "D#mb"' factor; Although playing vastly major parts, there WAS a certain "Deliberate Motivation" behind my intent on this one. 

For instance, I'd trip my way into the shower, and while bathing, I'd often exclaim, "Jesus, O.k. Laz, IT is freakin' time pal!"  YET, Upon getting outta the shower (and here's where "lazy meets deliberate")- I'd foremost, Often forget initially, YET upon remembering in certain instances like when my cat started grooming herself on one of my larger raptor nails, I'd inevitably conclude, "Buddy, when you aren't actually far too lazy to attack those vulture talons with saw and sickle, Wow- It'll be like gettin' pardoned after doin' 20 ta Life!"

So as an aftermath to this tale, I DID end up trimming these suckas last night, And as you were inevitably pondering, Here's where "Deliberate finalizes itself on D#mb"...Considering, I sorta forgot the greater talent on how to use the clippers, trimming them far too close for comfort, and unable to put on shoe or sock, I've been home from work due to this "Surgical Disability" (called my boss & told'em I got an STD from a Denny's toilet seat, less embarrassing this way)...

FINAL Word on Brian Simmons:  
    ~First, whether or not he IS playing O-Guard currently in Practice, At 6'4 and 318lb, This Is, a PERFECTLY ideal size for an OG (there ARE Guards anywhere from 6'3 305 or so-somewhat small TO upwards of 6'5 even 6'6 at times and 325-330lbs-pretty big).

~Second (and yes, FINALLY): 
    "Leave it BB to find a guy like this to possibly replace Mankins...genious...".  Just a GREAT statement from above...And it is THIS, which I hope you ALL take away in the end, From this situation AND my poor attempt to NOT make light on Brian Simmons's sttruggles, BUT My attempt at satire:

=We ALL (each and every one of us), Take excessively for granted, Many, MANY basic things, situations, experiences, and yes-Simple Abilities, of which Others would undoubtedly Beg to be so fortunate in having and/or possessing, And I believe (unlike my bad satire), THIS quote says wonders far better (and cough-more succinct), In regards to One, Logan Mankins, feeling "Insulted & Undermined" for being offered & turning down, more money than could be used in a handful of lifetimes by being paid as much as the Top 3 people are paid doing what he does In the world, to play a Game of Football, VERSES this Brian Simmons guy working so hard to persevere through so much in his life thus far, and NOW getting an ultimate shot at a dream of doin' the exact same thing=Appreciate what'cha got...it's probably more than most=         

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Brian Simmons OG:
    [QUOTE]grego and ALL : First off, I gotta tell'ya grego That this is a wonderful, wonderful "feel good" story, a nice topic, and an extremely mature thread find on your part.  For my part now, I promise you that I will dutifully uphold your adult intentions stated from above with great dilligence throughout my post, and only minorly undermine your intent with base childishness, pretty slightly in fact towards the end.  Let's begin... Boy, I DO hope this dude makes the team now.  Those were decent links provided from above on Simmons.  6'4, score above 300lbs...AND he originally played DT to begin with.  Not to be selfish, BUT this all coupled with the "disability" of his foot, Tells Me:  The EXACT size I want in my Offensive Guard, And watching some DT vids of him told me he's quick, This coupled with the fact that even though he's got the good OG height (6'4-6'5 ideally for me)-Simmons doesn't have that well-above-300+lb bulk, SO without knowing anything further=VERY good candidate for NE's agile, pass-first O-Line & zone-blocking run, AND The DT-thing + Simmons Combine-Invite shun and being Undrafted, TO Me says-Agressive Mentality with ALOT to prove (love that). As I stated, I did added research on Brian Simmons ("attempted to"), BUT man-NOT alot...Despite some very good takes on him by several of the better Pro scouting sites.  Lol, Going on one of the major network's 2010 Draft Page, It FIRST-Made me realize why I HATE the major "Mel Kiper Based" Draft People who do the positional rankings...  By several of the better sites, Simmons was ranked anywhere from #17-#22 of the Collegiate Offensive Guards, but outta the something-like 35 (at least) prospects for OG on one'a these sites, Nope...No Brian Simmons. DIGRESSION Now :  Also goin' on that 2010 Draft Site, Made me painfully relive the fact THAT even though (as I've stated from Day #1), I trully believe this NE Draft was better (and WILL be), Than ANY NE Draft in roughly 6-8 whopping years, Why...WHY Belichick did'ya draft a Punter in Round #5?  Why, when the nation's #2 overall rated Center is still on the board in Matt Tenant (smart, aggressive, agile in zone-fit, NE's center's becoming a geez)?  And Why man, when one of the ONLY people who I believed could have been a VERY good Strongside OLB in Greg Hardy (smart, quick, good football IQ, ideal size)-was HIMSELF still on the board?        Sheez Bill, It's like you're not even readin' my e-mails any longer.  I mean, I'll obviously keep sendin' 'em, bu- whatever...  A Punter, Rd 6=Yes, Rd 5=Nooonoono, and not in a great draft class.      SEE this guy?  It's Texas Tech's Offensive Guard Brandon Carter.  Himself, rated actually much higher than Brian Simmons...  THIS is actually the guy I was PRAYING that New England drafted in later Rds.  I'm sure he's battlin' it out somewhere, "Somewhere" because, He went undrafted himself...  Ya know, It just goes ta show ya:  You ACT like a psycho, and You LOOK like a psycho, then you get zero work.  Wish they woulda told me this in college...I mean, THAT woulda been a somewhat important lesson to touch upon sometime before security ushers you outta the building, right? Anyway, Back to Brian Simmons  before the end.  I LOVED this from the article: Dude's got the talent : " Playing next to Trent Williams for much of the time, Simmons' athleticism and balance stands out on film. He proved at his Pro Day (the official Oklahoma Pro Day March 9, not Sam Bradford 's throwing session March 29) that he was a legitimate draftable athlete at guard -- especially considering the relatively weak crop of talent that was available this year. Simmons measured in at 6-4 1/4, 315 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash between 5.19-5.26. He was timed at 4.75 in the short shuttle, 7.61 in the 3-cone and posted a 28" vertical jump and a 8-10" broad jump. I was disappointed, if not surprised, when Simmons wasn't drafted or immediately signed as a high priority free agent ."   I just pray (seriously), that none of Simmon's physical problems-limits him in ANY way in the end : " According to Brandon George's article in the Dallas Morning News, Simmons wears a size 17.5 shoe on his left foot and a size 16 on his right. George's article, written in August of 2007, notes that Simmons has had his right foot broken and re-set a staggering 16 times during surgeries ."   In regards to myself now , I actually have no ostensible physical limitations, which can be termed "un-PC-like" along the "physical defect" nature...  I would however, like to reveal to ALL now, That excepting for that Working & Struggling hard through the perseverance due to being born with a physical limitation that the vast majority of us take for granted, I AM just like Brian Simmons, in a way.  I, MYSELF have certain defects.  None of which I was born with, BUT I personally have the great limitations of being excessively lazy AND I've worked pretty dang hard in my life attempting to make myself d#mber than I was earlier in my existance.             SO here, I'll give you ALL a perfect "true life" rather fitting example:  I have had certain issues with my feet, myself, Over time now...somewhat due to circumstance, somewhat due to my own poor neglect.  "Poor Circulation leading to walking problems," You guys now ask?  No...During the past handful of years, I have grossly neglected cutting my toe nails.  Now WAIT people, I DO know that this isn't a "Defect" per se, Yet I really would like you now to add in that aforementioned "D#mb and Lazy" Aspect I brought up formerly... I only bring this up because last night, I buckled down and ACTUALLY trimmed my toenails for the first time in 6 perhaps, 10 months or so (only god knows).  And SEE, they WERE becoming a physical limitation for me:  Walking became weird at times, They'd catch onto the blankets at night, And these are- just to name a few of the "limiting factors" I encountered (towards the end, all I could where were sandals).  ANYway, It wasn't simply the "Lazy" aspect at play here, NOR even the "D#mb"' factor; Although playing vastly major parts, there WAS a certain "Deliberate Motivation" behind my intent on this one.  For instance, I'd trip my way into the shower, and while bathing, I'd often exclaim, " Jesus, O.k. Laz, IT is freakin' time pal !"  YET, Upon getting outta the shower (and here's where "lazy meets deliberate")- I'd foremost, Often forget initially, YET upon remembering in certain instances like when my cat started grooming herself on one of my larger raptor nails, I'd inevitably conclude, " Buddy, when you aren't actually far too lazy to attack those vulture talons with saw and sickle, Wow- It'll be like gettin' pardoned after doin' 20 ta Life !" So as an aftermath to this tale, I DID end up trimming these suckas last night, And as you were inevitably pondering, Here's where "Deliberate finalizes itself on D#mb"...Considering, I sorta forgot the greater talent on how to use the clippers, trimming them far too close for comfort, and unable to put on shoe or sock, I've been home from work due to this "Surgical Disability" (called my boss & told'em I got an STD from a Denny's toilet seat, less embarrassing this way)... FINAL Word on Brian Simmons :   ~ First , whether or not he IS playing O-Guard currently in Practice, At 6'4 and 318lb, This Is, a PERFECTLY ideal size for an OG (there ARE Guards anywhere from 6'3 305 or so-somewhat small TO upwards of 6'5 even 6'6 at times and 325-330lbs-pretty big). ~ Second (and yes, FINALLY ):  " Leave it BB to find a guy like this to possibly replace Mankins...genious ...".  Just a GREAT statement from above...And it is THIS , which I hope you ALL take away in the end, From this situation AND my poor attempt to NOT make light on Brian Simmons's sttruggles, BUT My attempt at satire: = We ALL ( each and every one of us), Take excessively for granted, Many, MANY basic things, situations, experiences, and yes-Simple Abilities, of which Others would undoubtedly Beg to be so fortunate in having and/or possessing, And I believe (unlike my bad satire), THIS quote says wonders far better (and cough-more succinct), In regards to One, Logan Mankins, feeling "Insulted & Undermined" for being offered & turning down, more money than could be used in a handful of lifetimes by being paid as much as the Top 3 people are paid doing what he does In the world, to play a Game of Football, VERSES this Brian Simmons guy working so hard to persevere through so much in his life thus far, and NOW getting an ultimate shot at a dream of doin' the exact same thing=Appreciate what'cha got...it's probably more than most =          
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

You know Laz...one day I intend to fire up a bong and hear you tell me the story of how you decide which letters get promoted to capitalization and which poor souls languish in lowly, lowercase.  Cool

Sections
Shortcuts