Brian Waters Absence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Brian Waters Absence

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19677602/bradys-enthusiasm-new-weapons-familiar-oc-bad-news-for-rest-of-nfl

Does anyone think Waters absence could be related to his contract?

Jason La Confora is a pretty reliable and well respected Sports wrtiter and he suggests that Waters absence could be contract related.......I read this somewhere else as well but can't locate the article. It seemed from the tone of Waters comments last week when he referred all questions to BB that he did not want to discuss thereason related to his absence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Brian Waters Absence

He's a RG and he knows the system well enough, he doesn't really need to be in camp. I'm sure he's just being a vetran drama-king who doesn't want to be in camp. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In Response to Re: Brian Waters Absence:
    [QUOTE]He's a RG and he knows the system well enough, he doesn't really need  to be in camp. I'm sure he's just being a vetran drama-king who doesn't want to be in camp. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    This, although I wouldn't call him a drama-king.  It's not unusual for veterans to be less than enthusiastic about camp.  I think he and the Pats have a wink-wink deal about him "contemplating" retirement, and he'll report a week before the regular season starts.  Let's not forget that he didn't sign last year until September 4, probably on purpose to avoid training camp.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JetsMangione. Show JetsMangione's posts

No, I'd guess he's just waiting out camp and will join the team later. I wouldn't be surprised if the team told him that he doesn't have to show up for camp. He's a veteran and was thinking about hanging it up after last season. Spending the summer in camp isn't going to help a guy like that. We all know what he can do, he's a guard, it's just another good move on Belichicks part.