Brian Waters and Cap space.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brian Waters and Cap space.

I show that Brian Waters has a $2.25 mill cap hit with the Patriots for this season.  He isn't coming back so it looks like another $2.25 million to spend. 

Can someone please verify?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Brian Waters and Cap space.

Good question. I have no idea how that situation works.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Waters is being counted as a cap hit this year.  Source?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Wasn't he only under contract until 2012? The Pats declared him as "did not report" ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Wasn't he only under contract until 2012? The Pats declared him as "did not report" ?

Ya, but I think that extended his contract a year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

His rights are still 'owned' by the Pats because he didn't report last year and I believe his contract just keeps rolling over. Because he didn't report I think his cap hit was removed for 2012. With a new league year it may return again for the off-season - not sure. He will not disappear from their 'books' until they cut him or he officially retires. With the top 51 being in force from Tuesday at 4:01 I don't think it really matters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If you don't show up to work you don't get paid, at least that was my understanding of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

BB is making sure he doesn't get a gig in the NFL unless the Patriots get compensation. So if Brian decides he would like to comeback in 2013 with say Houston for example then the only way he does this is by Houston trading for him. I think so long as he places him on the did not report list there is no charge against the cap!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

BB is making sure he doesn't get a gig in the NFL unless the Patriots get compensation. So if Brian decides he would like to comeback in 2013 with say Houston for example then the only way he does this is by Houston trading for him. I think so long as he places him on the did not report list there is no charge against the cap!

if this is true BB read Waters like a cheap novel.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

If you don't show up to work you don't get paid, at least that was my understanding of it.

True, but if they paid him a bonus before he quit, they still need to count the bonus against the cap at some point. If Water's contract is still valid, maybe they are still accounting for his bonus against the cap?

Sections
Shortcuts