Brian Waters' contract has been terminated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Brian Waters' contract has been terminated

Field Yates         Field Yates @FieldYates 1m

The Patriots have terminated the contract of G Brian Waters from the Reserve/Did Not Report list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Brian Waters' contract has been terminated

Money back in the bank should the Patriots think they need a guy that won't take vet minimum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

How does that all work cap wise?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

my understanding is that the position that the Pats had sesignated him he was not counting against the CAP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

my understanding is that the position that the Pats had sesignated him he was not counting against the CAP

That's what I was thinking because the designation. Did we ever get fanane money back?  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

not sure on the Fanene money. Pats never will say ANYTHING. Even something as simple as an update on Fanene money.

I feel badly for the media covering the team. They get NOTHING from the team. NE fans seem to like it that way, think its great BB gives the media NOTHING...yet name me one local writer that has complained about this? (the entertainers on the radio always complain about it)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

not sure on the Fanene money. Pats never will say ANYTHING. Even something as simple as an update on Fanene money.

I feel badly for the media covering the team. They get NOTHING from the team. NE fans seem to like it that way, think its great BB gives the media NOTHING...yet name me one local writer that has complained about this? (the entertainers on the radio always complain about it)

I don't feel bad for the media really, they treated BB like crap in Cleveland. The team of coaches he assembled went to Balt and won a championship  it's because of BB the raven got Lewis. I'm not sure of the year but just before the browns moved BB traded his first round pick to SF for their first rounder the following year.  That year the ravens selected raw Lewis ith the pick. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

I don't feel bad for the media really, they treated BB like crap in Cleveland. The team of coaches he assembled went to Balt and won a championship  it's because of BB the raven got Lewis. I'm not sure of the year but just before the browns moved BB traded his first round pick to SF for their first rounder the following year.  That year the ravens selected raw Lewis ith the pick. 

They moved in 1996. Testaverde, a guy BB wanted to start much earlier than 1994, went to a Pro Bowl, too.

In Cleveland '95 (last season in Cleveland), Ozzie Newsome gives credit to BB for positoning them well into that draft.

Considering how much BB raved about Ray Lewis during Lewis's career, who knows. Maybe BB and Ozzie were talking about prospects before the end of the 1995 season before the draft that spring.

Thank you 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

May I ask a question? WHy didnt' this guy just announced his retirement? Like, last year?

What is it with Guards anyway? They're like hockey goalies or drummers in a rock band. lol

They go by a beat of a different rum and always thing they're better than they are. He was great in 2011, but I don't get this delayed retirement process. Looks sort of weak.

Idk Rus, You're talking About Possibly one of the Greatest guards to ever play the game. If were talking about some guy thats been in the league 6 or so years then you have a point. But we are talking about brian waters here, he's earned the right to do what he wants. We did fine without him last year and we will do fine again without him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

And that is a big reason why you troll here as someone who rubs shoulders with the crappy, gotcha media. BB waasn't born last night, RKrap.

BB gives access to non-agenda drives morons.  Not hard to figure out.  He's not dumb. If you are an agenda driven, selfish big ego beatwriter or journalist, you don't get access. Period.  THat's called being smart. 

Don't see Peter King kicking around Foxborough much anymore, do ya? No, you don't. Why? His WEII 2007 interview when Dale and HOlley confrotned him about lies in his Spygate columns. That's why.

Why did BB grant his only post Spygate interview to Armen Keyteyian of CBS?  Because he respects him.

Note how BB only gives interviews to NFL Network and never ESPN, too. These aren not coincidences.

His lack of info is also designed to not feed the media, take bait and protect his players. Any Pats fan complaining about this correct approach is a moron.

The Jets, your favorite team has a fat blowhard who does the opposite which is a big reason why he's a bad head coach.  It's also why the Jets are too dumb to not tell immature Tavon Austin to keep his mouth shut before the draft so the Rams don't swoop in and take the guy you wanted.

dude, as usual you have no clue.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Back to the OP question - Pats didn't want Waters playing for someone else last year, and Waters didn't want to play outside of TX where his family is. So 'reserve/did not report'. It is not impossible that Waters still would like to play and he might knock on Houston's door and say, can I come in. As far as the Pats - having made their point last year, time to move on.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Curious as to why this upsets you? 

The Pat's have a model they stick to it... they are disciplined and consistent.

If they were all over the board as far as how they operate and communicate I think then it would be a problem.

it upsets me because I want to know...what is the difference to give an update on Fanene?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.