Brian Waters locker cleaned out, name plate still left in place.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Brian Waters locker cleaned out, name plate still left in place.

Not a good sign if your on the side of waters returning.....ugh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The signing of Matt Tennant is the first bit of news that raises serious doubts about the return of Waters. This appears to be BB's Plan "B", should Waters not return.Tennant is primarily a center, who can play guard. If Waters choose not to return. Dan Connelly will be moved from starting center to starting RG. Ryan Wendell likely will start at center, backed up by Tennant.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

The signing of Matt Tennant is the first bit of news that raises serious doubts about the return of Waters. This appears to be BB's Plan "B", should Waters not return.Tennant is primarily a center, who can play guard. If Waters choose not to return. Dan Connelly will be moved from starting center to starting RG. Ryan Wendell likely will start at center, backed up by Tennant.   

Bingo TP!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I stil think he's coming back.

I know Belichick doesn't like to give out any info on any subject but I just don't understand all the mystery.

Either Waters is retired or he's not.

If he was, I think he would have announced it a long time ago.

And I think even Belichick would by now have said, "Look fellas, Brian Waters is not walking through that door.  He is retired.  Next question." 

So again, is he retired or not?

Waters hasn't announced a retirement and Belichick hasn't confirmed it. Atleast not yet.  So what are they waiting for?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe Waters already told BB he's retiring and BB told him to think about it a bit before making it final.  Maybe BB really wants him back and therefore he's keeping the name tag on Water's locker until the last minute.  It is possible, after all.  None of us knows what's going on . . . 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Looks like Waters will be back soon, same as last yr.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

If he's not returning, he are some questions for those who feel he isn't:

1. Why is his nameplate still up?
    2. Why wouldn't he announce his retirement?
    3. Why not communicate or wait this long to NOT show up?

The more BB is quiet on it, the more likely it would appear that BB doesn't want to make it seem like he's putting Waters above everyone else.

Perhaps we couldn't find a screw driver? I don't know what to think anymore? I would assume he would be here by now to get some reps. Last year there was no choice as he had been cut after preseason. I would think we would want a guy who was in football shape to be our starting guard. I just don't know.

One thing I do know is that I am more concerned about the center position. It is a demanding position especially on this team. Lot of checks and protection adjustments need to be made each play. If a guy misses an assigment Brady is a sitting duck. If Connoly plays guard that leaves Wendell and that makes me more nervous then not having Waters!

He would have quelled this thing a long, long time ago if Waters wasn't returning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ ERRR this forum is making me drink more then normal.

Perhaps we couldn't find a screw driver? I don't know what to think anymore? I would assume he would be here by now to get some reps. Last year there was no choice as he had been cut after preseason. I would think we would want a guy who was in football shape to be our starting guard. I just don't know.

One thing I do know is that I am more concerned about the center position. It is a demanding position especially on this team. Lot of checks and protection adjustments need to be made each play. If a guy misses an assigment Brady is a sitting duck. If Connoly plays guard that leaves Wendell and that makes me more nervous then not having Waters!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Maybe he's putting on his equipement...?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

No screw driver? Love it! It could also be because it's the holiday weekend...who knows?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No screw driver? Love it! It could also be because it's the holiday weekend...who knows?
    [/QUOTE]

Or maybe the maintenance guy had too many screwdrivers . . . 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The more BB is quiet on it, the more likely it would appear that BB doesn't want to make it seem like he's putting Waters above everyone else.

He would have quelled this thing a long, long time ago if Waters wasn't returning.

That's how I see it too. His stuff would have been long gone and BB would have said a long time ago that he isn't on the team. Something is up with that, still think he's going to come back and soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i posted the same commentary last night on thread labeled tennant

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

a negotiation going on with waters on $ or a planned date that hasnt arrived yet

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bredbol, why do you always feel the need to tell us you said something first, or you "foresaw" something happening 2 years ago? What gives dude?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This seems like it is the case. Good reasoning TP

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bredbol, why do you always feel the need to tell us you said something first, or you "foresaw" something happening 2 years ago? What gives dude?

[/QUOTE]

im fine thanks.
    why say the same thing someone else said a few entries above as if no one just said it.
    if it were not fun noting things or predicting things people wouldnt participate in it.
    why let it bother you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Waters wasn't cut after preseason last year, he was cut the first day of training camp and waited until after the last preseason game to sign.  He had no offseason workouts or practices with any team.

Sections
Shortcuts