Brian Waters locker cleaned out, name plate still left in place.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Brian Waters locker cleaned out, name plate still left in place.

Brian Waters is pulling a Junior Seau.  Waters has about a 30% chance of surviving the season and a long postseason intact, so him sitting out game 1 is no great loss to the Patriots.  Somewhere down the road BB will be short one guard/tackle and he'll give Waters a call, and then Waters will come in and start at guard. 

I generally think of Bill Belichick as a smart coach.  Here he's getting 54 players for the 2012 season when he's only allowed 53.  Waters is all contracted in so he can't switch teams, which makes BB feel better.  The Patriots in turn have a gentleman's agreement with Waters to not fine him for missing all of camp and the first few games too.

I don't take the giving of #54 to Hightower as a particular disrespect to Waters.  It's just giving Hightower a high standard on his back, a motivation.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Brian Waters is pulling a Junior Seau.  Waters has about a 30% chance of surviving the season and a long postseason intact, so him sitting out game 1 is no great loss to the Patriots.  Somewhere down the road BB will be short one guard/tackle and he'll give Waters a call, and then Waters will come in and start at guard. 

I generally think of Bill Belichick as a smart coach.  Here he's getting 54 players for the 2012 season when he's only allowed 53.  Waters is all contracted in so he can't switch teams, which makes BB feel better.  The Patriots in turn have a gentleman's agreement with Waters to not fine him for missing all of camp and the first few games too.

I don't take the giving of #54 to Hightower as a particular disrespect to Waters.  It's just giving Hightower a high standard on his back, a motivation.

I think and hope what is really going on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

This sounds good.  Whether it's true or not remains to be seen. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

From the tenor of a recent Reiss commentary it appears Waters wants to play in Texas, so don't expect him back.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

If he's not returning, he are some questions for those who feel he isn't:

1. Why is his nameplate still up?
    2. Why wouldn't he announce his retirement?
    3. Why not communicate or wait this long to NOT show up?

The more BB is quiet on it, the more likely it would appear that BB doesn't want to make it seem like he's putting Waters above everyone else.

He would have quelled this thing a long, long time ago if Waters wasn't returning.

Is he still alive??!!!!

11. This post has been removed.