BRIAN WATERS NEEDS TO MAN UP!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

BRIAN WATERS NEEDS TO MAN UP!!!

I apologize if there is already a post on this but its something that really bothers me.  All the news Im hearing is that Waters is not with the Patriots because he wants to be near his family and possibly wants to play for a team in Texas.  Too bad!  I run a mobility section for the government and I send Military members overseas every week.  These people miss holidays, birthdays, the birth of thier children and put thier lives in danger and they are away from thier families for years instead of months.  Thier families are not able to visit them and they do it all for a fraction of the money that this man gets paid to play a game.  Why?  Because they signed a contract and they have an obligation, as does Mr.  Waters.  Shame on you sir, man up and fullfill the obligation you agreed to. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Re: BRIAN WATERS NEEDS TO MAN UP!!!

No the fans need to get over it.

Waters is retired, Nothing would please me more then for the patriots to make it to the superbowl with waters sitting on his couch "retired".

Waters wont be coming back to the pats, or any team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Oh are you in charge of his public relations?  In that case if hes retired why doesnt he say hes retired?  That would probably get the fans over it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well he's retired as far as I can see. If he were practicing then I would think he's planning on playing so it would just be a matter of where or when. As for his desire to play in Texas that's not happening,BB isn't trading him to any team that he would impact immediately. So wish his replacements well and move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You play this game to be the best.  Sure you can make a lot of money but having a SB ring, a championship under your belt with a pro bowl type career, maybe a HOF career too, is huge.  I just don't get it.  Especially being there last year, why would this man just not give it one more year?  It blows my mind!!

Now if it is a family thing then I totally respect that and as a parent we have to make sacrafices.  Sometimes big sacrafices so I totally get that and respect the man if that is why he isn't coming back.  But if it's not then I don't understand!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JBonesky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I apologize if there is already a post on this but its something that really bothers me.  All the news Im hearing is that Waters is not with the Patriots because he wants to be near his family and possibly wants to play for a team in Texas.  Too bad!  I run a mobility section for the government and I send Military members overseas every week.  These people miss holidays, birthdays, the birth of thier children and put thier lives in danger and they are away from thier families for years instead of months.  Thier families are not able to visit them and they do it all for a fraction of the money that this man gets paid to play a game.  Why?  Because they signed a contract and they have an obligation, as does Mr.  Waters.  Shame on you sir, man up and fullfill the obligation you agreed to. 

[/QUOTE]

It's unfair to criticize Waters, when you don't know what his situation is. Suppose that his kids are going down the wrong path...or the relationship between he and his wife is on the rocks. Should he leave for New England and collect checks...or should he stay with his family? Job One for any man is to take care of his family...wouldn't you agree?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Unfortunately, NFL contracts mean absolutely nothing. Definitely frustrating, but not much anyone can do about it. I agree, he's playing games here, and should just make a decision. But at this point, the Pats sure look as if they've moved on. Pretty sure they didn't remove his name-plate and give his number away for nothing. He's gone.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

If he has a legitimate issue then I will eat my hat but as it stands there is no evidence of that so I feel I am well within my rights to ask the question why.  Great points TFB!  I guess I didnt really think it through but the fact that he had an all pro year and made it to the big show and doesnt want to take another crack at it is perplexing.  Anyways I can tell most of you are tired of talking about this.  I wasnt trying to stir up any controversy, just feel like he kind of left us high and dry with a championship season right in our crosshairs.  I do however have a lot of faith in our current players, but it never hurts to have a proven vet in there, especially one you were expecting to be there prior to the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Hasn't he already "manned up"? He has told BB and the Pats my family is more important to me than playing another year, and I have enough money that the need to play simply for the money does not exist.

I think it is 100% certain that BB and the Pats know exactly where Waters stands, and the situation is still fluid. If Waters has a change of plans, the Pats will be open to making a decision at that time.

Pats are not waiting on Waters. Waters is not waiting on the Pats. Could change in any given week...Pats are not paying him while he sits, but there is an agreement already in place if he does come back, what his game day pay out will be...

I think it could be interesting if Waters does return before the by week. If he is in shape, a fresh Waters for the stretch run and playoffs would be a great shot in the arm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hasn't he already "manned up"? He has told BB and the Pats my family is more important to me than playing another year, and I have enough money that the need to play simply for the money does not exist.

I think it is 100% certain that BB and the Pats know exactly where Waters stands, and the situation is still fluid. If Waters has a change of plans, the Pats will be open to making a decision at that time.

Pats are not waiting on Waters. Waters is not waiting on the Pats. Could change in any given week...Pats are not paying him while he sits, but there is an agreement already in place if he does come back, what his game day pay out will be...

I think it could be interesting if Waters does return before the by week. If he is in shape, a fresh Waters for the stretch run and playoffs would be a great shot in the arm.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20138361/monday-observations-bills-saints-eagles-looking-at-bigtime-holes

Under "extra points" in the link above,  Jason La Confora makes a small mention that Water could be back. This guy is very much plugged in and he was the the same writer who said back in July before any one else reported it that Waters issue was partly contract related.

My guess is that Waters will be back before September is over. I hope I'm right becasue they are too thin in the OL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

is Waters taking up a roster spot?

can anyone else sign him?

how are the Patriots holding him from other teams?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Hope he still comes back. Who knows what the situation is with his family. He may have a tough time with leaving his young children for an extended period of time. Whatever the reason I hope that it works itself out and he returns, he's a good player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What I am saying is injuries are big. If you can hold out some older skill players for part of the season without taking up roster spots or risking other teams signing them that is great.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What I am saying is injuries are big. If you can hold out some older skill players for part of the season without taking up roster spots or risking other teams signing them that is great.

[/QUOTE]

He could come in fresh after a few weeks, that would be a nice boost to the line and might be easier on Waters, not being away from family for so long.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope he still comes back. Who knows what the situation is with his family. He may have a tough time with leaving his young children for an extended period of time. Whatever the reason I hope that it works itself out and he returns, he's a good player.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats could use him...especially now that starting RG Dan Connelly has suffered a concussion, and may miss some time. If Waters doesn't come back, and Connelly is out for a while, Marcus Cannon can fit in nicely at RG. But, having Waters back gives the Pats a starting RG, as well as added depth, in case of further injuries.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats could use him...especially now that starting RG Dan Connelly has suffered a concussion, and may miss some time. If Waters doesn't come back, and Connelly is out for a while, Marcus Cannon can fit in nicely at RG. But, having Waters back gives the Pats a starting RG, as well as added depth, in case of further injuries.    

[/QUOTE]

Yes, definitely. Its a long season and aside from being a very good guard, depth is always a big plus.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I bet if he comes back he gets traded. I read that he was working out for 2 other teams , I'll find a link.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]He's on the did not report list and he's still considered under contract,no he's not taking up a roster spot,and no other team can sign him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Question- If Waters has one year remaining on his contract but has not officially retired, can the team fine him for not showing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

mebbe something is in his contract. If he's merely sitting out because he wants to play closer to home - then, he should have only signed a one year contract.  Since he is under contract - and noone on this board has a copy of it, and he hasn't officially retired - then he's open game for any speculative comments that people make.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Waters has done, or said, nothing wrong.

Everything is speculation. First it was he might retire. Then it was a contract issue. Now it's he wants to stay closer to home. Next week it will be he didn't want the whole season grind.

Enough players cause plenty of distractions. Let's not manufacture one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I bet if he comes back he gets traded. I read that he was working out for 2 other teams , I'll find a link.

[/QUOTE]

He's under contract with the Patriots, no other team can even make contact with him.  That's tampering, and is a major no-no.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Not happening.  Waters and Pats are at a stalemate.  He wants to play close to home to be by his family, and Pats still have him under contract and are not just going to let him go so he can strengthen another team.  BB hasn't fined him (as is his right) in order to keep good relations and the door open to his return.  Week 2, no sign of budging on either side, we need to focus on what we have and move on without him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Sorry, but the very last thing Brian Waters either "has to do", or even should do, is "Man Up."

Here, is everything I've read in several places (including here), RE: The Waters Situation.

2 year deal.  Last year and this year.  This year, Waters was poised to make 1.4 Mil...which, in and of itself, Is absolutely insane for a Pro Bowl caliber NFL Offensive Guard.  And I don't wanna hear it...The pay scale is relative solely towards every other person at his position and in his profession, based on that caliber & quality of play.  Pro Bowl OGs in The NFL get 5 mil per...so 1.4 mil is dirt cheap for that level of professional football player talent at this positional spot.  Also reported that Waters and BB had set in the initial agreement, that Waters could report late for camp...BOTH years, this and last (which he did).  Again, quid pro quo- Waters salary is dirt comparatively, the guy's been playing in the pros for like 2 decades or something just absurd, and he STILL executes a Pro Bowl caliber of play in his skills on the field even now...  Even back in Waters KC days, it was reported and well known, just how attached and how much Waters' family trully meant and means to him (he really IS that kind of guy by all statements now and in the past RE: his fam life & attachment)..  This was a W-W on both sides.  Waters, I'm sure after this span, has made PLENTY of dough, cares about his family trully & deeply, and has the wear of like 18 seasons & toll on his body (i.e. ZERO reason to keep playing...none, verses the flipside of retiring back to Tex with his loving family, while awaiting a potential HOF nod at OG based on his numerous Pro bowls & ALL-Pros).

Now...RIGHT after last season's end, it was recently reported that NE asked him to cut his pay...Making the dirt cheap pro bowl pro football OG amount of Waters' '12-'13 1.4 mil, suddenly NON-guarenteed...and instead contingent on how many starting games he'd get and manage to get (which is simply crazy that this guy would work for even less pay, and now work for non-guarenteed dirt cheap pay on top of this, -i.e. it would be a travesty for him to suit up for 1 more year at an insultingly low rate, now lower and unguarenteed suddenly, and then risk some career life-altering injury for zippo in the end).

NE's still something like 10 mil under cap...so asking this pro bowl guard to suddenly sign off on non-guarenteed bottom of the bottomost rung starting OG salary at the end of last year, was- ahh..."sl#meb#ll-ish."  Waters signed prior to leaving Foxboro...and I'm pretty sure that sometime on the flight back to Tex this offseason, it probably dawned on him just how absolutely needlessly insulting this was to him, after he had just given NE a Pro Bowl Season that year (last season).  IF NE had done absolutely nothing, Waters undoubtedly would have reported (by every account, a seriously "stand-up" guy).  IF NE had thrown some b-s- 300-500k Waters way as some sort of a good-hearted pro bowl bonus, He'd be here this instant. 

Sorry, but you're looking at this solely through a Pats Fan perspective, and nothing more...  Try seeing this for an instant through Waters' eyes.  I also heard that NE could AND would fine him...although I've yet to see any action of this reported within the past 3-4 weeks or so...  Waters is being altogether a pretty freaking good sport about this (no media blabber on this slight), and no stone-cold retirement announcement.  Right now, he's at the mercy of still being under that 2nd year contract for NE this instant...so the ball's in NE's FO's court (and has been).

Sections
Shortcuts