Brilliant planned move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Brilliant planned move?

Some are saying since the Patriots have the best record and would need 31 teams to pass over Moss that they could never get him anyways.

But.....

Moss essentially made himself radioactive at yesterday's news conference. What team wants to take a chance at Randy talking about the Patriots and BB at every press conference? 

Think about it. See Mr Kraft hugging and talking with Moss yesterday? Moss hugging BB? Brady? Then the news conference? He made it clear where he wants to be. No other team wants to have him do what he did yesterday to the Vikes. 

So, the Patriots deal him for a 3rd rounder. They win all 3 games without him. Randy wants back, and so do his team mates. Wanna guess that talk about how to do this has occurred? Maybe not but, if he comes back to the Patriots, they get a 3rd rounder for nothing. Moss will restructure his contract no doubt too. 

Am I saying this was all planned out? Sounds far fetched but, it's playing out like it was. Moss let 31 teams know yesterday what they can expect. 1 team knows that he looks ready to do about anything to play for them again. Would certainly be a fantastic chess move by the master BB to the infantile Childress who made the mistake of accusing BB of cheating. 

At least I want to believe this but, for sure, 31 teams are going to be VERY hesitant to want Moss after he saluted NE and BB. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Brilliant planned move?

he wouldn't. 

He looks bad bailing on the Vikes, but who would rather player for another team after playing here?

Seriously.

BB, Brady, Kraft, chance to win, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

The question is:

Are you willing to ruin what the offense is trying to create by bringing back Randy Moss for a 5th round draft choice?  The draft choice would go to Minnesota as compensation for the loss of Moss.

I would rather keep the 5th round draft choice and have the offense evolve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Or, what do you have to lose by using him on certain series or downs?

He'd still be owed around 5 million.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

In Response to Re: Brilliant planned move?:
    The question is: Are you willing to ruin what the offense is trying to create by bringing back Randy Moss for a 5th round draft choice?  The draft choice would go to Minnesota as compensation for the loss of Moss. I would rather keep the 5th round draft choice and have the offense evolve.
    Posted by Phoenix125

Defense would be a nightmare for other teams with the Pat's resurgent old style offense combined with a serious long threat.  Welker and the others will be making a lot more catches with BJGE and Woodhead continuing to run well. Moss will now be happy to fit into this more balanced BB system.  To this, add a surging defensive unit.  I see a 4th Superbowl ring as a definite possibility.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

5th round draft choice?...we wouldn't owe the Vikes crap. They released him, and he is free to sign anywhere after the 24 hour period and no compensation is going back to the Vikes from a team. 

I would for one sign Moss. But, I would not use him on every down like we did before. I would use him sparingly, in the right situations. Imagine a well rested Randy who you plug in during the 4th quarter when all the CB's and Safeties are gassed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Instead of having him on the field at 95%, maybe it's 70% or even less?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Agreed...Moss would be a role player....situational & as decoy...Moss would first have to buy off on that in order for BB to bring him back as well as a much more favorable contract say 3 years 6mill. a year with 12 guarenteed...maybe throw in a few incentives to keep him humbled based on effort,leadership & attitude...all of those subject to votes by team captains & coaches....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed...Moss would be a role player....situational & as decoy...

I just wish he had embraced that role while he was here.  Things were going perfectly, but hey, I guess crap happens.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Brilliant planned move?:
    Some are saying since the Patriots have the best record and would need 31 teams to pass over Moss that they could never get him anyways. But..... Moss essentially made himself radioactive at yesterday's news conference. What team wants to take a chance at Randy talking about the Patriots and BB at every press conference?  Think about it. See Mr Kraft hugging and talking with Moss yesterday? Moss hugging BB? Brady? Then the news conference? He made it clear where he wants to be. No other team wants to have him do what he did yesterday to the Vikes.  So, the Patriots deal him for a 3rd rounder. They win all 3 games without him. Randy wants back, and so do his team mates. Wanna guess that talk about how to do this has occurred? Maybe not but, if he comes back to the Patriots, they get a 3rd rounder for nothing. Moss will restructure his contract no doubt too.  Am I saying this was all planned out? Sounds far fetched but, it's playing out like it was. Moss let 31 teams know yesterday what they can expect. 1 team knows that he looks ready to do about anything to play for them again. Would certainly be a fantastic chess move by the master BB to the infantile Childress who made the mistake of accusing BB of cheating.  At least I want to believe this but, for sure, 31 teams are going to be VERY hesitant to want Moss after he saluted NE and BB. 
    Posted by mrbungle

I don't think it would happen. Moss was pointing out the difference between playing in a great organization for as great coach with a great QB instead of the idiot organization and coach with the ego maniac QB they have in Minn

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Moss essentially made himself radioactive at yesterday's news conference. What team wants to take a chance at Randy talking about the Patriots and BB at every press conference?  Posted by mrbungle

i like that tern radioactive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

You know who I feel bad for? Peterson. He's in the prime of his career and he's stuck in a crappy organization with a loser for a coach and a washed up QB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The question is: Are you willing to ruin what the offense is trying to create by bringing back Randy Moss for a 5th round draft choice?  The draft choice would go to Minnesota as compensation for the loss of Moss. I would rather keep the 5th round draft choice and have the offense evolve.
    Posted by Phoenix125

If Moss clears waivers then signs with another team the Vikings gets nothing and still have to pay the remainder of his contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Mr. Bungle and Sox in Boston so right. He made it more then clear he only wants to Play for the Pats. That says he won't give his all to any other team. Someone said he could decline a team who wants him and sign any where else. Do you think he will take less cash for now and Kraft and Co. agree for him to be back? So what if we use him less. Ok.

I kind of like that idea. I love Deion, Woody, Welker, tate, Devin, Aaron and law firm. I miss Fulk too. We have a good group of guys working well together now. They all know Randy and he is familiar with system. I just don't see him happy any where but here and in all fairness the team traded him. Maybe they had to to get Deion from Seahawks.

Maybe they want to have randy back and keep deion too. Just an idea.

Go Pats...win it over Browns this week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There is absolutely no way the Patriots reclaim him on waivers. He won't last until #31. The dolphins would block this even if the rest of the league decided to let it happen,the jets wouldn't let him get past them either and I know the colts could use another option opposite Wayne.
    The only way he winds up back in New England is as a FA after the season..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

No, I beleive if he gets claimed and doesnt show up, besides not getting paid his contract becomes  void and he would become an UFA....So in essence, if he wants to go back to New England its his choice (obviuosly if NE would have him back) and at a vastly cheaper rate....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

We really need a vertical receiver badly I hope yall see that for the last couple of weeks. The defense is what keeping it up for the offense IMO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Screw Chilly he's a hotdog weiner .... Who cares about this clown. Desperate coaches and owners will always deal with BB and Bob Kraft. We have what they want picks and players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Does Moss have to report to the team that claims him?  Can't he just say he's considering retirement?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Some are saying since the Patriots have the best record and would need 31 teams to pass over Moss that they could never get him anyways. But..... Moss essentially made himself radioactive at yesterday's news conference. What team wants to take a chance at Randy talking about the Patriots and BB at every press conference?  Think about it. See Mr Kraft hugging and talking with Moss yesterday? Moss hugging BB? Brady? Then the news conference? He made it clear where he wants to be. No other team wants to have him do what he did yesterday to the Vikes.  So, the Patriots deal him for a 3rd rounder. They win all 3 games without him. Randy wants back, and so do his team mates. Wanna guess that talk about how to do this has occurred? Maybe not but, if he comes back to the Patriots, they get a 3rd rounder for nothing. Moss will restructure his contract no doubt too.  Am I saying this was all planned out? Sounds far fetched but, it's playing out like it was. Moss let 31 teams know yesterday what they can expect. 1 team knows that he looks ready to do about anything to play for them again. Would certainly be a fantastic chess move by the master BB to the infantile Childress who made the mistake of accusing BB of cheating.  At least I want to believe this but, for sure, 31 teams are going to be VERY hesitant to want Moss after he saluted NE and BB. 
    Posted by mrbungle

I've seen the same idiotic posts on the NFL and ESPN sites. They're by all the same people still whining about spygate. BB is the devil incarnate you know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

It's not about Chilly, I agree he's a putz of a coach and deserves no respect but it's not about him. It's about BB and Mr. Kraft and their reputatiuon as stright up, tough businessmen. You screw people on the field, not like this. It's one thing to do your homework on a player nobody else see's value in, it's something totally different to mis-represent yourself to another team. Don't forget, you only have 32 bridges to burn, once ones gone they won't deal with you trust me, Randy Moss isn't worth it.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

What a crock! Wheeling and dealing is how Red put together those championship Celtics teams. How exactly could anyone 'misrepresent' Moss? Are you telling me the Vikings front office had no idea how volatile he is and had to ask Kraft's opinion?

The fact is that the Vikings are a dysfunctional idiotic organization from the owner down to the coach and QB. It's not Kraft's job to protect them from their own stupidity

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Moss got to Minny, discovered it was a dysfunctional nut house and has forced his way out again.  He's in a contract year and he needs heavy production to secure a final large contract and that is what he's after.  He found out that Farvre has more power than Childress and that Childress is a jerk who does not make the real decisions.  He also found out that Farvre has played his best football and that will be no help for Moss.  He will move on to a team that has a need and a Q.B. to throw it to him.  That is what he's after.

Sections
Shortcuts