Bring Back Austin Collie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Bring Back Austin Collie

Why go into the playoffs with so many rookies playing outside the numbers?

Rookies that can't seem to stay healthy.

Close your eyes and picture the playoffs have started and tell me truthfully that (A) one of these guys will get open;  and (B) they won't drop the ball.

KT:   Young guy, productive early in the season, great game-winning catch against NO;  lately, missing in action.

Ras-I Dobson ®  (sorry, cheap shot): Has now dropped or pulled up lame on 2 TD bombs from Brady;   If you are lucky to get free for another one of these in the playoffs, you must make the catch

Disappearing Amendola Act ® (another gratuitous cheap shot): A grand total of 2 TDs;  he's hurt no doubt;  lately, even with a stronger running game and Edelman opening things up, DA still can't seem to get open.

Boyce:  He's a next-year project if he makes the team.  He's been a non-factor after dropping passes in the MIA game.

Austin Collie played very well for the Colts in the playoffs.   He hasn't shrunk from the Big Stage.  He's still young.  And here's a big one:  he doesn't drop the frigg in' ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Bring Back Austin Collie

I think that was always the plan but they just held him out of the bills game and maybe want to look at those new guys for a week but I expect him back esp. if Dobson is hurt longterm.

He doesnt offer much in the redzone or downfield but he is another slot guy who is money in the clutch and may help if Eds goes down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I think that was always the plan but they just held him out of the bills game and maybe want to look at those new guys for a week but I expect him back esp. if Dobson is hurt longterm.

He doesnt offer much in the redzone or downfield but he is another slot guy who is money in the clutch and may help if Eds goes down.

I disagree with this part.

Collie can play the slot or outside too.   And his TD numbers with IND put DA to shame.

DA can't get open.   Are people watching?

This reminds me of the 2006 WR weapons (weak) except at least some of those guys were veterans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I disagree with this part.

Collie can play the slot or outside too.   And his TD numbers with IND put DA to shame.

DA can't get open.   Are people watching?

This reminds me of the 2006 WR weapons (weak) except at least some of those guys were veterans.

Don't know why you love Collie so much, the guy isn't nearly as good as you think. And Brady's pass would've been caught if Dobson's foot didn't get aggrivated, he was beating his man if you didn't notice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Why go into the playoffs with so many rookies playing outside the numbers?

Rookies that can't seem to stay healthy.

Close your eyes and picture the playoffs have started and tell me truthfully that (A) one of these guys will get open;  and (B) they won't drop the ball.

KT:   Young guy, productive early in the season, great game-winning catch against NO;  lately, missing in action.

Ras-I Dobson ®  (sorry, cheap shot): Has now dropped or pulled up lame on 2 TD bombs from Brady;   If you are lucky to get free for another one of these in the playoffs, you must make the catch

Disappearing Amendola Act ® (another gratuitous cheap shot): A grand total of 2 TDs;  he's hurt no doubt;  lately, even with a stronger running game and Edelman opening things up, DA still can't seem to get open.

Boyce:  He's a next-year project if he makes the team.  He's been a non-factor after dropping passes in the MIA game.

Austin Collie played very well for the Colts in the playoffs.   He hasn't shrunk from the Big Stage.  He's still young.  And here's a big one:  he doesn't drop the frigg in' ball.

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

If Collie is brought back it probably means bad news for Dobson and his foot injury. 

Sections
Shortcuts