Bring Back GERARD WARREN (put Wright on IR)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

Bring Back GERARD WARREN (put Wright on IR)

Mike Wright is average at best.  He hasn't been able to stay on the field for the past few years. With reoccuring concusions, why not put him on IR or let him go. Bring back Gerard Warren. I know he's old, but he played like a machine in the pre-season and had a good year last year.  With this new attacking defense I think he will be an impact rotating player on the DL.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Bring Back GERARD WARREN (put Wright on IR)

Time to release Wright. Sponge skull is a waste of a roster spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Lemme elaborate on this thread a bit.  First if you think Wright is average at best, you did not know that he was the highest rated inside lineman to generate QB pressure last year before his concussion.  Going forward, yes Gerrard would mean more to the Pats Dline as he would hopefully stay on the field.

Tcal... that is just wrong... but I guess you're right. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Totally agree-bring back Warren-release Wright he's done with the concussions and all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Wright is MUCH more of a pass rusher than Warren ever was or will be....however, he can't stay healthy and he is risking his longterm health being out there with his history of multiple concusions.  Bring back warren and give Wright a nice injury settlement.  THANKS Mr. Wright for your hard work and great play!  But, the show must go on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

BB is monitoring the Wright concussion situation and I'm sure if he thinks it's time to shelve Mike he will,until that day Mike's still on the roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I'm sure they're handling the issue with his repeated concussions perfectly fine from a monitoring and treatment perspective, but how many or how serious of a concussion does a player have to have before they're "encouraged" to retire?
    Are there any standards or is it strictly a case by case basis?
         Anyhow Wright should at the very least take a break for awhile and if Warren is the Pats best option after Wright then so be it.  It sucks to lose a good player but i'd rather see him walk off the field in good health rather than getting carried off unconscious on a stretcher.

In Response to Re: Bring Back GERARD WARREN (put Wright on IR):
    BB is monitoring the Wright concussion situation and I'm sure if he thinks it's time to shelve Mike he will,until that day Mike's still on the roster.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Mike Wright was way more then average. If warren was better then him then Wright would have been cut.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Posted by tcal2-

You ever play sports?  You constantly call out injured players like they're skipping practice on purpose or not playing because they have a hangnail.  Sponge skull?  Wright is probably looking at some post-football issues, but I'm sure he's real sorry he couldn't play hard enough to get a slap on the butt from you.

Get a clue. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

When Mike Wright went down last year we lost any kind of a pass rush we had. I wish the guy well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

ya, man! Wright is a WARRIOR!! we're gonna miss him.  Hopefully Ellis can take over and produce some sacks for us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

I agree that Wright is a far better pass rusher, and generates much more QB pressure. But at this point with his consistent injuries they need to cut their losses and pick up Warren while he's still available. I was very impressed with his pre-season performance and could make some significant impact on this DL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I love Mike Wright, and he's been a reliable, tough player for the Pats, but I fear he's done, at least for this season, probably for good. It's time to IR him and bring back Warren...after what I saw on the field today, we need him in the rotation...

If Wright cannot play, get Warren asap!

Now bring on the Bills...and thanks to the Bills for making our Oakland draft choice better!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

hopefully wright will be ok, after that first concussion some guys get them with less and less trauma. he plays hard and was probably our best pass rusher. if he can't play then warren is probably at the top of the list of guys to call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

unfortunately, as good of an interior pass rusher as Wright is, his concussions could mean the early end of his career

i wish him the best.  considering the Pats actually do use safer mouthpieces in addition to offering other helmet options, i'm surprised wright still has these problems.  it's too bad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Posted by tcal2-

You can be civil and appropriate when discussing how to adjust the roster according to needs, situationd and the players' injury status, but that was uncalled for and uncoath.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Wow Tcal, harsh criticism.

Wright has been a solid, versatile player for the Pats. I hope he continues a healthy life, but suspect his career could be coming to an end soon. Agree with the sentiment and OP that Warren should be first on the list to call if/when Wright is IR'd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I'll be surprised if Warren is not added to the roster this week.

Sections
Shortcuts