Bring back Romeo Crennel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bring back Romeo Crennel

Is it just my imagination or have the Pats not had a championship level defense since Romeo took his defensive playbook to KC? He's available, the Pats need better D, I say it's time to bring him back.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Bring back Romeo Crennel

Is Romeo going to help the offense scoring 3 points in 3 quarters?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Exactly

Why is it some can't get their head around the fact that once again the Pats Offense showed up in their most critical game with the wrong game plan, refusal to make adjustments and Brady looking unsure as to what to do?

How can Brady decide to run the ball with 28 seconds in the half? How can he get up and start walking back completly obliveious to the fact time was running out? He looked under the influence for criss sakes.

The Pats should have had 2 more touch downs at the half, EASY

The Offense along with McDaniels and Brady spaced the game off.

This ain't the first time either so get off the kool aid. They threw the damn game away. The Ravens DID NOT WIN THE GAME.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Did the D's lack of goal line stands, pass completions over 20, penalties, no turn overs, no pass rush, allowing 21 points in 15 minutes, help or hurt the O?

Simple question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Crennell was great while he was here.  But bringing him back is a step in the wrong direction.

It is time for bold change.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Is it just my imagination or have the Pats not had a championship level defense since Romeo took his defensive playbook to KC? He's available, the Pats need better D, I say it's time to bring him back.

It's your imagination if you thought it was "because of" Romeo. ...and that is no indictment on bringing Romeo back. Simply stating the obvious.

They fired the guy who just coordinated the Ravens defense that just beat the livin cr@p out of the Patriots. It is not the DC that is the problem.

Everyone used to complain about Dean Pees and always wanted to run him out of town. I took a bunch of abuse for defending him and poiting out his defenses gave up fewer points on average during his tenure as DC than either Romeo Crennel OR Mangini And doing that with less talent and harder games rules in which to play under than the Crennel days.

You've got to have the players. The Pats were tough back then because they had stunk for years and been picking near the top of the draft. Not unlike the 49ers this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Did the D's lack of goal line stands, pass completions over 20, penalties, no turn overs, no pass rush, allowing 21 points in 15 minutes, help or hurt the O?

Simple question.

Simple answer...it's not their job to 'help' an offense that had zero points in the second half. The defnse put the offense in great field position the entire 1st half and thre offense managed 1 TD

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Simple question.

Simple answer...it's not their job to 'help' an offense that had zero points in the second half. The defnse put the offense in great field position the entire 1st half and thre offense managed 1 TD

So your answer is no.

Not their job?  Really?  So Defensive play never dictates offensive play.

A team playing from behind never throws more?

A Defensive turn over never helps an O?

A penality negating a 3rd down conversion, that results in a TD, is a good thing?

Never pressuring the QB, doesn't prevent him from completing passes?

There job is to prevent 1st downs and restrict scoring.  Those are things that help the O in every game and since the dawn of time.   Those are the things they didn't do!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Simple question.

So your answer is no.

A penality negating a 3rd down conversion, that results in a TD, is a good thing?

There job is to prevent 1st downs and restrict scoring.  Those are things that help the O in every game and since the dawn of time.   Those are the things they didn't do!

I guess three, three and outs. A four and out, a six and out and giving the offense a couple of short fields didn't help the offense at all right?

...and on the last 3 and out stand with the game still within reach the offense quickly turned around and threw an interception within two plays to put the defense right back on the field.

What game do you watch?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'd rather have Seymour back than Crennel...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB doesn't want experienced coordinators unless they are some nobody who never did nothin' that he promoted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hi Rusty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I'd love to see Romeo come back but I doubt BB would bring him back. While we are at it what about Charlie Weiss? It seems Charlie new how to put together a game plan against a tough defense and call it properly. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

I'd love to see Romeo come back but I doubt BB would bring him back. While we are at it what about Charlie Weiss? It seems Charlie new how to put together a game plan against a tough defense and call it properly. 

Good idea. The fact is we haven't won a superbowl since those guys left. You can argue any numbers you want, but the facts are no Romeo, no CW, no titles.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Simple question.

So your answer is no.

I guess three, three and outs. A four and out, a six and out and giving the offense a couple of short fields didn't help the offense at all right?

...and on the last 3 and out stand with the game still within reach the offense quickly turned around and threw an interception within two plays to put the defense right back on the field.

What game do you watch?

I watched a game where there were no rz stops, balls flying over their heads, RB's running free, poor tackling, no picks, no turn-overs, extended plays with penalties, no pressure on the QB...........All when they needed the opposite!

In other words, the same D we've been watching for years.

It's no coincidence that the team that did not play that way, WON!

Not absolving the O, they stunk too but when they do, it helps to have a D that can do something, anything, to stop the bleeding instead of making the wound bigger.

AGAIN, a 100+ DPR aint gonna cut it.  Never has and never will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Simple question.

So your answer is no.

What game do you watch?

I watched a game where there were no rz stops, balls flying over their heads, RB's running free, poor tackling, no picks, no turn-overs, extended plays with penalties, no pressure on the QB...........All when they needed the opposite!

Not absolving the O, they stunk too but when they do, it helps to have a D that can do something, anything, to stop the bleeding instead of making the wound bigger.

No one ever disputes that it would help to have a D that is constructed of top tier talent. What teams fanbase would hate that? ...but that is NOT how this team is constructed. 

I am just always amazed when people expect to go into a game with swiss cheeze and expect it to magically turn into a rock. You have swiss cheese in your hand. It is not changing into a rock.

However, you own a Ferrari in your offense. You do not expect it to turn into a Tortoise. It does, continually.

In addition your swiss cheese lost two of its starters. One early on. I don't remember at what point Love went out.

The Ferrari offense only lost Ridley later in the game.

The Defense was its normal woeful self in the 2nd half but still managed to step up and get a critical 3 and out with the game still in reach.

The Offense however, stuck for the ENTIRE game. Tortoise!

The defense gave up 28 or more points 5 times this year. Not out of the ordinary for them.

The offense scored 13 or fewer points ZERO times this year. 

You know if you marry an attractive woman and then after you Marry her expect her to turn into a super model caliber beauty you are probably setting yourself up for disapointment. That's not setting realistic expectations.

That's exactly what your argument always is with the defense. You see what it is all year long. Then you get to the post season and expect some sort of Magical transformation. Not realistic. You are going to be disappointed.

The offense however shows you greatness all season like they put virtual reality glasses on you and just when you are getting to paradise they rip the glasses off you and go Hahahaha fooled ya. 

...but yet in those two scenarios you breath fire at the defense and not so much over the offense. One is deceiving you over and over and the other just honestly is what it is. I don't follow your frsutration of anger logic is all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Simple question.

So your answer is no.

What game do you watch?

No one ever disputes that it would help to have a D that is constructed of top tier talent. What teams fanbase would hate that? ...but that is NOT how this team is constructed. 

I am just always amazed when people expect to go into a game with swiss cheeze and expect it to magically turn into a rock. You have swiss cheese in your hand. It is not changing into a rock.

However, you own a Ferrari in your offense. You do not expect it to turn into a Tortoise. It does, continually.

In addition your swiss cheese lost two of its starters. One early on. I don't remember at what point Love went out.

The Defense was its normal woeful self in the 2nd half but still managed to step up and get a critical 3 and out with the game still in reach.

The defense gave up 28 or more points 5 times this year. Not out of the ordinary for them.

You know if you marry an attractive woman and then after you Marry her expect her to turn into a super model caliber beauty you are probably setting yourself up for disapointment. That's not setting realistic expectations.

That's exactly what your argument always is with the defense. You see what it is all year long. Then you get to the post season and expect some sort of Magical transformation. Not realistic. You are going to be disappointed.

The offense however shows you greatness all season like they put virtual reality glasses on you and just when you are getting to paradise they rip the glasses off you and go Hahahaha fooled ya. 

...but yet in those two scenarios you breath fire at the defense and not so much over the offense. One is deceiving you over and over and the other just honestly is what it is. I don't follow your frsutration of anger logic is all.

My frustration is it takes a team to win a game especially when you are not playing inferior competition.  You cannot rely on 1/3rd of a team all of the time.

The Ravens D was not the most talented but they rose to the occasion.

The Pat's D just stood back and took the abuse.  That is the difference.

You cannot excuse a D for being what they are any more than you can excuse a child's behavior when he is not the smartest or most talented.  That is the whole problem!

When a D is playing well, your O can take chances,  you can even make mistakes.

Knowing  that the other side of the ball has your back, tends to take off a lot of pressure.

If you switched D's, who do you think would have won?

Possessions consist of both offensive and defensive play.  It's possible to win the battle if only half of that performs (any half).  Not so much if they both fail.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

....You've got to have the players. The Pats were tough back then because they had stunk for years and been picking near the top of the draft. Not unlike the 49ers this year.

Well, that may be true to an extent with the Pats, but you don't need to have high draft choices to have a good defense. Pittsburgh and Baltimore generally draft in the same area as NE and they do fine.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Simple question.

So your answer is no.

What game do you watch?

My frustration is it takes a team to win a game especially when you are not playing inferior competition.  You cannot rely on 1/3rd of a team all of the time.

You cannot excuse a D for being what they are any more than you can excuse a child's behavior when he is not the smartest or most talented.  That is the whole problem!

Knowing  that the other side of the ball has your back, tends to take off a lot of pressure.

Possessions consist of both offensive and defensive play.  It's possible to win the battle if only half of that performs (any half).  Not so much if they both fail.

Depends on how Flacco handles his own D that he faces regularly. ...or how Brady handles his own D who he faces regularly. It's match ups. I would not guarantee an outcome or answer. When pracitice is open to the media before the season, the press often writes about the defense giving the offense fits, to me recolection. I have no idea.

The Ravens D is to the Mature Brady as the old Patriots D was to a young Manning. They give Brady fits and make him indecisive. Just look at the history. It's dreadful.

Be frsutrated with how the team is constructed currently. Unfortunatley this is how it is in a parity/salary cap era. You pick at the bottom , pick at the bottom, pick at the bottom, have a 1st round pick stripped away from you, lose your coaching staff, personnell department stars, etc and it catches up with you.

It's amazing they have been able to do what they have done for so long. The pats and us fans are victims of their prolonged high level of success now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Simple question.

So your answer is no.

What game do you watch?

Depends on how Flacco handles his own D that he faces regularly. ...or how Brady handles his own D who he faces regularly. It's match ups. I would not guarantee an outcome or answer. When pracitice is open to the media before the season, the press often writes about the defense giving the offense fits, to me recolection. I have no idea.

The Ravens D is to the Mature Brady as the old Patriots D was to a young Manning. They give Brady fits and make him indecisive. Just look at the history. It's dreadful.

Be frsutrated with how the team is constructed currently. Unfortunatley this is how it is in a parity/salary cap era. You pick at the bottom , pick at the bottom, pick at the bottom, have a 1st round pick stripped away from you, lose your coaching staff, personnell department stars, etc and it catches up with you.

It's amazing they have been able to do what they have done for so long. The pats and us fans are victims of their prolonged high level of success now.

Yes, I do agree that it is amazing that they have done as well as they have.

But you can't deny that it's been mostly a result of offensive play and when the O sucks (as they did), they're pretty much screwed, especially when you play a team that doesn't have those limitations.

As Muzwell, just pointed out, the Ravens and Steelers, generally draft from the same position.

I've come to the conclusion that, in BB's complicated system, he tends to go for brains over bronze.  Guy's that fit his system have to be cerebral and he drafts that way.

I'm not trying to bash BB, he's a million times smarter than any of us. 

Maybe too smart for his own good????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

....You've got to have the players. The Pats were tough back then because they had stunk for years and been picking near the top of the draft. Not unlike the 49ers this year.

Well, that may be true to an extent with the Pats, but you don't need to have high draft choices to have a good defense. Pittsburgh and Baltimore generally draft in the same area as NE and they do fine.  

It only takes one draft spot though to make a big difference potentially. 

Not just that but the core of those defenses are also on the back 9 and they will have there downturn. Similar to what the Pats experienced with theirs potentially.

I understand your point though.

Those teams have their flaws in other places is all.