BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS

In Response to Re: BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS:
    In Response to Re: BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS : Barry Sanders tap danced a little here and there, he got stuffed behind the line often, but he was always a threat to explode so he had to be respected.  Maroney will never be Antoine Smith or Corey Dillon, but he has a burst Dillon might have had is his prime, Antoine Smith never had and the ability to catch like Faulk. He only needs health and carries...
    Posted by wozzy

I'm sorry, but making a comparison of Laura to Barry Sanders is really not fair to Sanders.....it's not even close.....lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: LARRY MARONEY STILL SUX

In Response to Re: LARRY MARONEY STILL SUX:
    In Response to Re: LARRY MARONEY STILL SUX : I am one of the few who have always come to LM's defense so this is not a bash on him or you BUT.... You do need to keep in mind when using those team stats against a run or pass that if a team is awful against the pass that teams do not bother running against them since they can pass all day long on them. That makes it look like they have a great run defense statistically but no one actually knows for sure. The same is true the other way as well. I believe Indy was tops against the pass the year they won the super bowl because teams ran all over them all year long and didn't bother passing much against them. They of course sorted that for the playoffs and went on their run to a ring.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I agree with your train of thought, however Tenn is 9th in the NFL in rushing attempts against and 1st in passing attempts against.  So while they are both passed and run on frequently, they've been good at stopping the run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS:
    The first time we give him a chance to be the feature back he runs for 120 and a td. Well what do you know? Good Job Maroney Haters!
    Posted by TrueChamp

Another premature Maroney posting.  FYI: he ran against a team thast has not won a game, yet.  Most of the time, Maroney is a bgust; once in a while, be busts out.  The Pats would be stupid to bet their running game on this guy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

To the guy who said Maroney is the best RB blocker we've had in years ... do you remember Corey Dillon?  Is that ancient history?  And I rate Maroney average at best at this too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Time will iron this arguement out...

I'll still be here in the end after Maroney leads the playoffs in rushing and possibly TD's.  If you're bashing Maroney make sure you are too...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Time will iron this arguement out... I'll still be here in the end after Maroney leads the playoffs in rushing and possibly TD's.  If you're bashing Maroney make sure you are too...
    Posted by wozzy

I think we've settled this previously - when they let him run more than just that same repetitive stretch play, he does alright.  He also does well when there's blocking.  It's that simple.

I've counted at least 4-5 counters since I noted that Maroney only ran stretch left or stretch right.  I also noted a couple reverses.

Indeed, time will tell, especially now that Maroney is one of the last men standing at running back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Looks to me like BJGE performed better then LM by a whole 1.9 yards per carry.

Maybe just Maybe LM's day was a product of the weather and playing a team who has already packed it in for the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Looks to me like BJGE performed better then LM by a whole 1.9 yards per carry. Maybe just Maybe LM's day was a product of the weather and playing a team who has already packed it in for the year.
    Posted by K-max

Works both ways there, K-Max

Did you stop to think that Law Firm's carries came in garbage time?  Maroney got his 45 yarder on the second drive when the Titans still thought they had a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Hi Pats Fans,
    I like Laurence and I think that I have a correct evaluation of him as a Pro H-Back, He is a Half Back, NOT Cory or Fred Taylor. He needs an opening, a 2 back set with a lead blocker. He needs help geeting  past the second layer. He needs a fullback in front of  him. He can be very productive lin short pass routes towards the side lines once he takes the run fake from Tom.
      Rather than waiting 5 yds down field directly in front of Tom , the Off. C. should be designing plays where he can get up filed and make a big play. He is very good in the open field and can generate a lot of scores. But he needs to be a little further down filed for his receptions.
     Maybe he should be involved in a few more screen passes, or even a deep route right up the middle.
     Go Pats
    SageAnalsyt, Seattle,Wa.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

In Response to Re: BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS : Works both ways there, K-Max Did you stop to think that Law Firm's carries came in garbage time?  Maroney got his 45 yarder on the second drive when the Titans still thought they had a chance.
    Posted by NickC1188

To tell the truth Nick I have never herd the term garbage time used in Football.  Teams play the full 60 minute. 

If I remember correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong, BJGL was part of the 2nd Qtr Flee Flicker play that went for a TD. 

If you want to pump up LM that's fine you have every right to but don't take a shot at BJGE (garbage time) that's just ignorant.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Looks to me like BJGE performed better then LM by a whole 1.9 yards per carry. Maybe just Maybe LM's day was a product of the weather and playing a team who has already packed it in for the year.
    Posted by K-max

Maroney started the first game of the season at halfback and usually was the first back started in every game this season; he plays against 1A guys who are fired up to make the opening big play on defense.  I won't knock our own players but Law Firm's numbers have come against guys two plays away from working at UPS. 

Maroney has put up big numbers against playoff caliber teams, injuries are out of a player's control and while we love a warrior who never gets hurt (Ripken, Farve) this is still football and Maroney still plays the highest impact position. 

If he stays healthy for a few seasons on a team that doesn't mind burning him out we'll see what kind of fantasy stats we can get out of him (ala Fred Taylor, Corey Dillon, Antoine Smith); from my best estimation Bill wants value from his number one pick not numbers.  I believe any of our backs would be successful, to start the season we had more depth at runningback than any other team, all are good including BJGE...  Maroney just happens to be the best, that's why he is the starter to begin and end the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS : To tell the truth Nick I have never herd the term garbage time used in Football.  Teams play the full 60 minute.  If I remember correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong, BJGL was part of the 2nd Qtr Flee Flicker play that went for a TD.  If you want to pump up LM that's fine you have every right to but don't take a shot at BJGE (garbage time) that's just ignorant.
    Posted by K-max

I played.  There's garbage time.  Trust me.

Having said that, I stand half corrected, although I remain hugely critical of your asinine claim that Maroney's performance Sunday was somehow inadequate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

The first time we give him a chance to be the feature back he runs for 120 and a td. Well what do you know? Good Job Maroney Haters!
    Posted by TrueChamp
    How many chances does it take over a 3 year period !! Do you really think we would have aquired Taylor if B.B had any confidence at all
    in Maroney ??? Also Maroney has never been a feature back...Even in College he ran in tandem with Marion Barber..  If he can continue to run hard as he did in that game I'm sure B.B will change his opinion of Maroney, as well as the rest of us....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS : Maroney started the first game of the season at halfback and usually was the first back started in every game this season; he plays against 1A guys who are fired up to make the opening big play on defense.  I won't knock our own players but Law Firm's numbers have come against guys two plays away from working at UPS.  Maroney has put up big numbers against playoff caliber teams, injuries are out of a player's control and while we love a warrior who never gets hurt (Ripken, Farve) this is still football and Maroney still plays the highest impact position.  If he stays healthy for a few seasons on a team that doesn't mind burning him out we'll see what kind of fantasy stats we can get out of him (ala Fred Taylor, Corey Dillon, Antoine Smith); from my best estimation Bill wants value from his number one pick not numbers.  I believe any of our backs would be successful, to start the season we had more depth at runningback than any other team, all are good including BJGE...  Maroney just happens to be the best, that's why he is the starter to begin and end the season.
    Posted by wozzy

Well Said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wewantthecup17. Show wewantthecup17's posts

Maroney's a p u s s y which is bad because we're gonna need him to step up and play against a real team. Although I will admit that as the featured back he ran well which in turn opened up the passing game for Brady. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Posted by TrueChamp

It was his first 100 yard game since the 2007 season. You do know the Titans are 0-6. Just sayin'.

That said, I really hope you win this argument and that I'm the one in the wrong.

I want to see Laurence succeed, but the reality is that he's failed to live up to expectations as a 1st round RB. The only good reason to draft a RB this high is the expectations that he can be a feature back. To date, Laurence has had both durability and consistency issues. It would take more than a great game against an 0-6 team to reverse this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS : It was his first 100 yard game since the 2007 season. You do know the Titans are 0-6. Just sayin'. That said, I really hope you win this argument and that I'm the one in the wrong. I want to see Laurence succeed, but the reality is that he's failed to live up to expectations as a 1st round RB. The only good reason to draft a RB this high is the expectations that he can be a feature back. To date, Laurence has had both durability and consistency issues. It would take more than a great game against an 0-6 team to reverse this.
    Posted by CubanPete

I just think that without an opportunity to succeed he cannot be labeled a bust.  He has produced a majority of the time when given the ball over 12 times a game.
    Look at his 07 #s. 08 is a wash and this year we didn't give him the opportunity until week 6. I think we didn't give him that chance for a reason. We were keeping our best weapon healthy for playoff push. Just my opinion. I do not see much reason to attack Maroney which has been the case with lots of fans from this board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS : I think that by Maroney starting every game it clearly shows what the coaches think about him. They think he is the starter. It looks like basic strategy to me. Rest your best back for the playoff push no reason to risk injury to a guy who missed the season before. Let the guys like Taylor and Morris handle the load while Brady gets more comfortable. Here is a thought: Maroneys last 4 games that he has received over 12 carries Carries   Yds   Tds         16         123    1 19         46     1  (Superbowl) 14         156   1 26         104   1 His "tap dancing" or "Light" running style seems to work just fine when we give him a chance to carry the load!
    Posted by TrueChamp

I guess we can now add on his last 3 games of being an effective rb when given the opportunity by our coaching staff. Give Maroney over 15 carries a game and he does very well for us.

I just wish he was in there instead of BJGE on that touchdown drop in the endzone!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I really hope he keeps it up, but I'm not sold yet.  On the same page, BJGE came in for a few snaps and performed at a high level...  If these two continue on this pace it would be a great 1-2 punch!
    Posted by Payment84

Performed at a high level?

Did you SEE the pass he dropped after they ran a beautifully designed play for him in the red zone?  He runs alright, but g*d d*mm*t he can't catch to save his life.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The Maroney bashers had good reason to bash him...tool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Maroney bashers had good reason to bash him...tool
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Why? Because he didn't perform when he got 6 carries per game. Get over yourself and watch the games. Maroney is healthy. Maroney gets the ball. Maroney moves the chains. Maroney scores tds! Yeah lets cut him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I will just say that I have not seen Maroney have his best days so far this year. Last week was the exception, but I hope we are not a bunch of Jet fans who take one game and call it a dynasty. I like Maroney and am willing to bet that as we see the passing game solidify, which it is, and we are playing with a strong lead, which we will, we will see him featured in a running game that eats clock, makes first downs and scores points. If you look at Randy's stats, he has not smoked it yet the year either....
    Posted by gmbill

We need him to perform like yesterday in order to make the play action work. Lack of it is one of the reasons we've been so bad in the red zone. It seems to me that we'll run the ball inside the 5 but from the 20 to the 5 we're just too predictable with the pass.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: BRING OUT THE MARONEY BASHERS : We need him to perform like yesterday in order to make the play action work. Lack of it is one of the reasons we've been so bad in the red zone. It seems to me that we'll run the ball inside the 5 but from the 20 to the 5 we're just too predictable with the pass.
    Posted by Evil2009

A great point and we need our O-line and our backs to improve not just one player. Brady is the best PA QB in the league. I think we all know if we can sell the run teams have little chance of containing us.

Sections
Shortcuts