Bringing Seymour back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Bringing Seymour back?

I would welcome Seymore back with open arms, but there is no way it will happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This ship has sailed.... and sunk.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Seymour would help. A vetran on the field with all the newbies would continue to raise the bar for the D. I think Richard would bring it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That bridge is burned a few times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

No Sey for me. I'd rather that they wait it out for another two weeks. By then, there will be teams who will give up on the season, and will be open with a trade. For now, just move somebody up from the PS, or just pick someone on the street for a bargain. 

What that DLine will really miss is VW's leadership, unfortunately. Could Kelly fill that void?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

IMO the issue is not burned bridges with Sey...it is Mrs Sey that feels dissed by the Pats, but she did/does LOVE living in New England. $$$ will talk in this negotiation..

I think Hampton cannot pass a physical. Ditto Pouha.

I truly think the reinforcements come from the PS or previously injured Cunningham. I can see Fortson and Francis here, and the end has come for Bequette.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What about G. Warren? How long has he been out of the game, I forget?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

They need a DT.

The Pats are a 43 team now. Seymour would be a DT in the 43. He's enormous. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If Adam Schefter is to be believed (D & C this morning) Seymour is home and not lacking in $$$$$.  It would take significant $$$ to entice him to return to the Pats, if then.  Don't see it happening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

If Adam Schefter is to be believed (D & C this morning) Seymour is home and not lacking in $$$$$.  It would take significant $$$ to entice him to return to the Pats, if then.  Don't see it happening.

Agreed, to add to your info it didn't end well between the two of them. I am pretty sure  Sey & BB don't exchange xmas cards anymore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I think no

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/09/richard_seymour_not_thinking_about_return_to_patriots

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Marcus Forston & A.J. Francis are both on the Practice Squad.  I would expect one of them to get the call over bringing in someone overpaid like Seymour.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

from that Herald article

"When asked if he'd come back to the Patriots, where he was part of all three Super Bowl championship teams, Seymour chuckled, responding "No way.""

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

What say you now? Sey chose to sit out. He is available. 

I hate these pie-in-the-sky scenarios, but New England should have him or Casey Hampton in sooner rather than later to at least work out. 

I'd rather go young. An old defense is a bad defense.

Why do you thing Sey is sitting this season out? He won't play for the NFL vets minimum.

Seymour Money!

Seymour games on TV for all I care.

Vellano looks promising. I liked him in preseason and he's proven to be capable in the regs.

Sections
Shortcuts