Britt comes and goes!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Britt comes and goes!

It appears as if Kenny Britt left town without a contract, next up Lance Moore who will be in town tomorrow. I don't think he will leave without a contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Britt comes and goes!

talking of Michelangelo . . .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

he wants to see what washington will offer i bet. he isnt done yet

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1h

Kenny Britt completed his visit with Patriots, left w/o a deal. Both Rams, Pats have shown an interest in signing him. Visits Redskins next.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If we didn't offer him anything, then fine, but if he just put us as another stop on the "Kenny Britt" world tour, I'd relese a statement saying, "Kenny Britt will not be joining the Patriots, we just don't think it will be a good fit". Then I'd just laugh watching this guy sign a one year veteran minimum deal with the Redskins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we didn't offer him anything, then fine, but if he just put us as another stop on the "Kenny Britt" world tour, I'd relese a statement saying, "Kenny Britt will not be joining the Patriots, we just don't think it will be a good fit". Then I'd just laugh watching this guy sign a one year veteran minimum deal with the Redskins.

[/QUOTE]At least he didn't try the Sanders method, say to us we have a deal and then go sign somewhere's else! Leveraging one team against the other is OK provided you don't make promises and then change your mind after the fact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]At least he didn't try the Sanders method, say to us we have a deal and then go sign somewhere's else! Leveraging one team against the other is OK provided you don't make promises and then change your mind after the fact.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, but with a guy like this, with his history, etc...I just kind of imagined he wouldn't be doing the rounds with teams throughout free agency. I thought he'd jump at the chance to be here and rejuvenate his career - and maybe he did and we just didn't like what we saw/heard from him??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhzCF77GDo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, but with a guy like this, with his history, etc...I just kind of imagined he wouldn't be doing the rounds with teams throughout free agency. I thought he'd jump at the chance to be here and rejuvenate his career - and maybe he did and we just didn't like what we saw/heard from him??

[/QUOTE]

He's probably out of money and is going for the best $$$ deal...if he used his head he'd sign here for a one year "prove it" deal and then make his $$$ down the road...heck, he's only 25

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Say what?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Thank you BB!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Say what?

A little T.S. Eliot reference . . .  

In the room the women come and go

Talking of Michelangelo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's probably out of money and is going for the best $$$ deal...if he used his head he'd sign here for a one year "prove it" deal and then make his $$$ down the road...heck, he's only 25

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

a 1 year prove it deal would have been great for us imo. Nobody in that front office should care about the Hernandez situation anymore. You sign guys that could help you win football games. If Britt could maximize his potential and be a big play receiver for us it would be a perfect low risk high reward BB acquisition. If we sign him and he punches Josh Mcdaniels in the face or something we just cut him and lose nothing.

I'd like to take a flyer on this guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

a 1 year prove it deal would have been great for us imo. Nobody in that front office should care about the Hernandez situation anymore. You sign guys that could help you win football games. If Britt could maximize his potential and be a big play receiver for us it would be a perfect low risk high reward BB acquisition. If we sign him and he punches Josh Mcdaniels in the face or something we just cut him and lose nothing.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. If they didn't care about the Hernandez situation they would lock this guy up long term with a good chunk of guaranteed. The fact that they should care is what lead to Browner getting $1mil guaranteed with no signing bonus and would lead to Britt being on a prove it deal. Any time a player has that type of history they should remember Hernandez and not give them big money upfront and multiple years until they've proven those red falgs are a thing of the past.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Only reason to sign him is if they think Dobby is not going to be ready for the start of the season because Dobson is a better WR than both he and LaFell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

It appears as if Kenny Britt left town without a contract, next up Lance Moore who will be in town tomorrow. I don't think he will leave without a contract.

[/QUOTE]

Why would the Patriots want Lance Moore? Don't they have enough slot receiver options? They need a wide-out who can stretch the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. But, the price has to be right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was it really a surprise that Britt left without a contract? So did Julian Edelman and Brandon LaFell. We all know how the Patriots view WRs. If the Patriots are interested, my guess is that they probably encouraged Britt to look into other offers, and then to come back to them to talk turkey...if he's interested in being a Patriot, and in winning.