Broken Thumb for Roethlisberger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Broken Thumb for Roethlisberger

It's been reported that Ben Roethlisberger suffered a broken thumb on his right hand in the Steelers' win over the Bengals. But, he is not expected to miss any playing time. Still, it bears monitoring: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11319/1190070-100.stm 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: Broken Thumb for Roethlisberger

A broken thumb isn't too bad. It could've been worse. He couldn've been raped by a neanderthal in a public restroom

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

I agree with patthepatriot666!  I wish he had broken more than a thumb!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

QB injuries are running rampant.

Vick broken rib

Shaub IR soon?

Cassel IR

Ben broken thumb

Sanchez scarred emotionally and physically with the image of Andre Carter still in his mind.

And that is just last week.

Seriously though, it makes me nervous that we are allowing Brady to get hit so often. He is throwing it more then he ever has to this point in the year and he is also getting hit the most/ sacked the most since 02.

We need to figure out the run game and protect the great one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Pretty sure Brady has played through a gazillion worse injuries and dominated the whole time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

In Response to Re: Broken Thumb for Roethlisberger:
    [QUOTE]QB injuries are running rampant. Vick broken rib Shaub IR soon? Cassel IR Ben broken thumb Sanchez scarred emotionally and physically with the image of Andre Carter still in his mind. And that is just last week. Seriously though, it makes me nervous that we are allowing Brady to get hit so often. He is throwing it more then he ever has to this point in the year and he is also getting hit the most/ sacked the most since 02. We need to figure out the run game and protect the great one.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I still have the imge of Carter on my mind. He is an elite defensive end. Those guys (the great ones) exert unbelievable energy. Fun to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's fine, Roethlisberger is a phoony! He's always hurt isn't he? What a foo-foo he is. -_-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Roethlisberger seems to play better when he's on the injury list.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Roethlisberger is a tough  tough guy. Yes, he's hurt... ALOT, but he stills plays well. Remember the motorcycle accident without a helmet. Geeez. If Brady didn't exist, he is one QB of a few I wouldn't mind having on this team. Dude does have 2 rings. Not great SB's, but he had to GET there and as a team, they got it done... twice... since the Pat's last victory. And if he didn't get knocked off by the Pat's however many times, he might have MORE than Brady. IF

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]....Sanchez scarred emotionally and physically with the image of Andre Carter still in his mind.

LMFAO !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

You really should contact authorities and show the video you personally took, with your camera, the night of the alleged rape. Please bring me up to date on any charges that have been filed, since you seem to be an expert on the case.

[QUOTE]A broken thumb isn't too bad. It could've been worse. He couldn've been raped by a neanderthal in a public restroom
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Ha ha... I love when people try to defend Roethlisberger - dude has been accused of sexual assualt not ONCE, but TWICE!!  He's a diddler any way you slice it.

But I could care less... hopefully his thumb heals in time for the playoffs, I would like to see the Pats get another crack a Pitt and I dont want any excuses or beat up QB's! Go Pats

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Iraq Steve, anybody who thinks the first incident wasn't anything but consensual  is either blind to the facts or just plain hates the guy, and nothing is going to change your mind anyway. Like everybody else, I have serious questions about what happened in the second incident. For those who say she was paid off, please provide the proof. As for the playoffs, first both teams have to make it, and the way the NFL is this year, that's not a guarantee. But if they do meet again, even if Ben is hurt and doesn't play, you won't hear no excuses from me. And if we were to win, you won't see me gloating either. I have every bit of confidence that Charley Batch or Dennis Dixon will do the job if Ben goes down. The Steelers played their best football in a long time when Ben was out for the 4 game suspension. I'm more concerned about getting Lamar Woodley and a few of our other defensive players back after the off week. But you have to play with whoever you have. Blaming a loss on not having certain players. or the officials, is just sour grapes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Steelcurtain - I was just being a wise-a$$ and wanted to make a "diddler" comment.  I honestly don't care about any of thesep layers off the field. I'm a football fan and all I like to talk about are the games.

Ben can be replaced and the Steelers will be successful.  I've had this argument with a few people.  Nothing against Ben, he is a good quarterback but I do not consider him "elite".  He has 2 rings.  No personal records, no MVP's no superbowl MVP's, etc... He goes down, someone steps in and the Steelers still win.  Does that make hi ma bad QB? No way! It makes the Steelers a great organization.
    So people like to tell me, "well when Brady went down, Cassel went 11-5 so Brady is a system QB too".  Thats when I say nope. Brady has the rings AND a couple MVP's... a couple SB MVP's, TD record, and well... I dont have time to list all his records.  But thats why the Patriots are a great organization too.

Look at Indy... Peyton goes down and they are 0-7?? Just goes to show how bad their organization is.

So lets drop all the rape talk and get back to football boys!  Go Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Aw....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There are some questions about Ben's behavior off the field, but there is no question that the guy is tough as nails and is probably the best QB at playing injured in the NFL today.  That being said I have absolutely no idea how you can make NFL throws with a broken thumb on your throwing hand.  I guess we are all about to find out.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]QB injuries are running rampant. Vick broken rib Shaub IR soon? Cassel IR Ben broken thumb Sanchez scarred emotionally and physically with the image of Andre Carter still in his mind. And that is just last week. Seriously though, it makes me nervous that we are allowing Brady to get hit so often. He is throwing it more then he ever has to this point in the year and he is also getting hit the most/ sacked the most since 02. We need to figure out the run game and protect the great one.

Didn't you mean Sanchez scarred emotionally by the knowledge he gleaned from his coach that he is the author of the worst play in NFL history? Before this he was sometimes afraid to make a play. Now he is afraid to call a timeout. What next?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]Steelcurtain - I was just being a wise-a$$ and wanted to make a "diddler" comment.  I honestly don't care about any of thesep layers off the field. I'm a football fan and all I like to talk about are the games. Ben can be replaced and the Steelers will be successful.  I've had this argument with a few people.  Nothing against Ben, he is a good quarterback but I do not consider him "elite".  He has 2 rings.  No personal records, no MVP's no superbowl MVP's, etc... He goes down, someone steps in and the Steelers still win.  Does that make hi ma bad QB? No way! It makes the Steelers a great organization. So people like to tell me, "well when Brady went down, Cassel went 11-5 so Brady is a system QB too".  Thats when I say nope. Brady has the rings AND a couple MVP's... a couple SB MVP's, TD record, and well... I dont have time to list all his records.  But thats why the Patriots are a great organization too. Look at Indy... Peyton goes down and they are 0-7?? Just goes to show how bad their organization is. So lets drop all the rape talk and get back to football boys!  Go Pats.
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid you are crazy if you think the Steelers will go anywhere without Ben. While they would still have a solid tream, a dangerous team, they would lose the player that makes their O work and wins by far the most games for them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Roethlisberger is a tough  tough guy. Yes, he's hurt... ALOT, but he stills plays well. Remember the motorcycle accident without a helmet. Geeez. If Brady didn't exist, he is one QB of a few I wouldn't mind having on this team. Dude does have 2 rings. Not great SB's, but he had to GET there and as a team, they got it done... twice... since the Pat's last victory. And if he didn't get knocked off by the Pat's however many times, he might have MORE than Brady. IF
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

Amen. Big Ben is vastly underrated. He's a proven clutch performer, and one of the top 5 QBs in the game. If not for the problems he's had with the Patriots, he'd would be talked about as being one of the all-time greats.

Speaking of the games' top 5 QBs:

1.) Tom Brady;

2.) Aaron Rodgers

3.) Ben Roethlisberger

4.) Drew Brees

5.) Eli Manning

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with patthepatriot666!  I wish he had broken more than a thumb!
    Posted by murphylo[/QUOTE]

I would hope you're speaking in jest and being serious. Why would anyone wish another player on an opposing team to be injured.

Hetchinspete

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Good reply Steve. I agree that Ben is not an elite QB, but he has been a lot better than some of the QB's we've had over the years. I know our offensive line takes a beating in the local papers & on talk shows, but many of Ben's sacks come because he holds on to the ball too long. He can't throw the deep ball like the elite QB's either. Would love to see Mike Wallace have someone who can throw the ball long enough to lead him. Most of the time he has to wait on the ball, which gives the Defender enough time to make a play. I've said many times on here that Tom Brady throws the best deep ball out of all the so-called elite QB's over the past decade or so.

[QUOTE]Steelcurtain - I was just being a wise-a$$ and wanted to make a "diddler" comment.  I honestly don't care about any of thesep layers off the field. I'm a football fan and all I like to talk about are the games. Ben can be replaced and the Steelers will be successful.  I've had this argument with a few people.  Nothing against Ben, he is a good quarterback but I do not consider him "elite".  He has 2 rings.  No personal records, no MVP's no superbowl MVP's, etc... He goes down, someone steps in and the Steelers still win.  Does that make hi ma bad QB? No way! It makes the Steelers a great organization. So people like to tell me, "well when Brady went down, Cassel went 11-5 so Brady is a system QB too".  Thats when I say nope. Brady has the rings AND a couple MVP's... a couple SB MVP's, TD record, and well... I dont have time to list all his records.  But thats why the Patriots are a great organization too. Look at Indy... Peyton goes down and they are 0-7?? Just goes to show how bad their organization is. So lets drop all the rape talk and get back to football boys!  Go Pats.
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Big Ben volunteered the information about his "broken" thumb- he has always exagerrated his injuries-

and he is a rapist!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Pat, there are a lot of classy Patriot fans on here, I hope someday you can become one of them and realize that many of your post's come off rather juvenile.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

it is juvelile to call a spade a spade and a rapist a rapist- i would say that you are unprincipled to cheer on a rapist- good luck with those steelers!

Sections
Shortcuts