Broncos acquire Hochstein from Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Broncos acquire Hochstein from Pats

for undisclosed pick in 2010 (i got the text msg from ESPN so I don't have a link right now).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Broncos acquire Hochstein from Pats

Pats are doing Broncos another favor ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

In Bill We Trust....In Bill We Trust....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Well, this does a few things:
    -opens up a roster spot for another guard in addition to Ohrnberger, so Yates, Wendell, or Connolly can make the team
    -that saves perhaps a small amount of cap room
    -provides an extra pick for the Pats

Is the difference between Hochstein and these other players worth less than that of the cap sapce and pick provided? Apparently that is the position the Pats are taking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

i'd like to know what pick - i hope it's not lower than a 5th rounder.

i'd also like to know who they have in mind on the team that will step up in place of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

its for a 7th rounder. obviously hoch wasn't going to make the team. thomas has taken over the big fullback duties and the rookies are rounding out the depth chart. besides, who cares? the pats always develop guys like him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I have said that the pats would trade the fringe / bubble vets for middle and late round picks rather than cut them or the young guys and have them claimed and get nothing.  Too many teams out there want the Pats cast offs to try to sneak any fringe guys to the practise squad.  The final 8 guys to make the roster are likely virtually the same as the 54-61 guys who were cut, so the pats might as well get a few picks for guys instead of nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

DONT MAKE ME SAY IT......'IN BILL WE TRUST"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Always liked Hochstein ... except for when he got run over by that Giants defensive tackle on our Super Bowl desperation drive!  What was up with that?  Maybe we would have won ...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I like it, they are clearing cap space, not much but they got rid of Le Kevin Smith and Russ Hutchstien so who knows maybe weare clearly that extra bit of cap space so they can make a signing like Wilfork.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

after reading the analysis, i think this might be a better move than i originally thought. i'm still hoping it's for more than a 7th rounder. given his versatility, i think a 5th would be fair, especially for the broncos.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

6th round pick - Tom Brady
    7th round pick - Matt Cassel
    7th round pick - David Givens
    Somewhere between the 5th and 7th rounds - Dan Koppen

You guys knock the 7th round too much. This staff is great at finding gems in those later rounds so stalk piling late round draft picks by trading bubble players who wont make teh team anyways is a very great way to go. Sure a 5th round pick is better then a 7th round pick but dont forget the great players we have found in those late rounds. Who knows maybe this trade leads to us drafting our next steal in the 7th round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

There's always going to be turnover and at the risk of sounding like too much of a homer, it looks to me like there are going to be some quality players on the Pats' margins when the final cuts come. I've always liked Hochstein's versatility and was kind of surprised by this move, but if you're drinking the Belichick Kool-Aid -- and let's face it . . .   you are -- you've got to believe that, even simply as part of a youth movement (including cap considerations), the "something where there might otherwise be nothing" take makes a lot of sense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Too many young players who can do some of the same things with less milage. Saves cap space and adds another card in our hand of draft picks. Thomas can run the h back. I liked russ but as we learn its the business of building a team and no other coach/Gm can sniff BB's  ability to build a team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Plus they need teh cap space and getting rid of a few of these extra players we are making the cap room. I hope we make a few more deals andthen resign either Mankins or Wilfork.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Plus, Warren Sapp said he couldn't block.....HAHAHA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

This is just smart buisness, unfortunatly Russ probably wouldnt have made the roster, so they are getting back on an investment that had run its course.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yard sale price.  Yard sale talent, maybe a bit better but that's how yard sales go.  The main goal was to keep him out of Miami's hands.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Re: Broncos acquire Hochstein from Pats:
    Yard sale price.  Yard sale talent, maybe a bit better but that's how yard sales go.  The main goal was to keep him out of Miami's hands.
    Posted by Paul_K

or the jests

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Good move. Russ was a stop-gap player at best. Really makes no difference, other than maybe a rookie like Bussey can get on the final 53.

BB had some nice words for "Bus".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Cassel and Edelman seem like decent 7th round picks.  Plus Hochstein was a 5th round pick, to have him for 6 years and get a 7th round pick back isnt too bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Who cares, he was HORRIABLE at guard in the superbowl.

Sections
Shortcuts