Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Broncos fans are horrible

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Re: Broncos fans are horrible

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

The differential in ring totals is TB had defenses and PM did not. You cannot argue that.

They are both great players. I don't understand this need (from both fan bases) to belittle the other QB! I for one am enjoying this era in the NFL.

I also think Peyton is funny as h3ll! Those "Cut that meat" commercials and his SNL appearances were priceless. Actually, I was chanting at Gillette with everyone else (2003 I think) - we were all chanting cut that meat - very fun. I miss those days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The differential in ring totals is TB had defenses and PM did not. You cannot argue that.

Actually you can.  He has had a top 4 scoring defense 3 times.  The result?  3 one and dones.

A number of his other teams had top 10 scoring defenses and they didn't win anything either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

They are both great players. I don't understand this need (from both fan bases) to belittle the other QB! I for one am enjoying this era in the NFL.

I also think Peyton is funny as h3ll! Those "Cut that meat" commercials and his SNL appearances were priceless. Actually, I was chanting at Gillette with everyone else (2003 I think) - we were all chanting cut that meat - very fun. I miss those days.

are both great players. I don't understand this need (from both fan bases) to belittle the other QB! I for one am enjoying this era in the NFL.

No doubt, all it does is enable trolls.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Actually you can.  He has had a top 4 scoring defense 3 times.  The result?  3 one and dones.

A number of his other teams had top 10 scoring defenses and they didn't win anything either.

Lets look at these shall we? 

2005 - The defense held up well, but Manning was also playing against the #3 scoring defense and #4 defense in yards given up.  Manning put the team in position to tie the game and take it into overtime but Mike Vanderjagt missed a game tying FG.  Never happened to Brady. 

2008 - that #1 scoring defense gave up 28 pts.  Manning had his offense in SD territory twice when turnovers occurred.  Marvin Harrison fumbled after a catch at about the SD 22 yd line.  At SD's 3 yd line Manning tossed a short pass to Kenton Keith.  The ball was chest high and at his numbers.  Keith dropped the ball which fell into Eric Weddle's hands.  SD's offense was injured - both Rivers and Tomlinson.  Indy's defense could not stop Billy Volek or Darren Sproles.  That game was not Manning's fault. 

2012 - Manning had his team in the lead with :41 to play in regulation and the defense gave up a 70 yd TD on 3rd and 3.  Manning's fault?  That defense gave up 35 pts in regulation.  Manning's fault? 

Both teams the colts lost to in 05 and 12 were the eventual sb champions.  Context sucks, but stats never tell the whole story, do they?

The Patriots led the Giants with just a few minutes left in both of their Super Bowls.  Brady could have had five Super Bowl rings--count 'em, five.  (This is not intended to incite a discussion about whether the Patriots offense or defense was most to blame for these losses.)  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Lets look at these shall we? 

2005 - The defense held up well, but Manning was also playing against the #3 scoring defense and #4 defense in yards given up.  Manning put the team in position to tie the game and take it into overtime but Mike Vanderjagt missed a game tying FG.  Never happened to Brady. 

2008 - that #1 scoring defense gave up 28 pts.  Manning had his offense in SD territory twice when turnovers occurred.  Marvin Harrison fumbled after a catch at about the SD 22 yd line.  At SD's 3 yd line Manning tossed a short pass to Kenton Keith.  The ball was chest high and at his numbers.  Keith dropped the ball which fell into Eric Weddle's hands.  SD's offense was injured - both Rivers and Tomlinson.  Indy's defense could not stop Billy Volek or Darren Sproles.  That game was not Manning's fault. 

2012 - Manning had his team in the lead with :41 to play in regulation and the defense gave up a 70 yd TD on 3rd and 3.  Manning's fault?  That defense gave up 35 pts in regulation.  Manning's fault? 

Both teams the colts lost to in 05 and 12 were the eventual sb champions.  Context sucks, but stats never tell the whole story, do they?

Yup, right out of the Polian/Manning blame playbook... it was his fault not mine. Those 8 one and outs are just coincidences. Gotcha

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

I am a Pats fan living in Colorado. Bronco fans are pretty good fanswho ever believes they are horrible is plain ignorant probably never been to Colorado

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts