Broncos going for J Allen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Broncos going for J Allen

Makes me sick! Hope they get him still lose in playoffs and get mired in salary cap h3ll for years to come!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Broncos going for J Allen

Schefter does not agree with you.  I don't think Allen gets moved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Bad rumor.  They are in cap hell.

Um.  No they aren't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't see how this works.  Are the Bronc's under the cap by 4mil some odd?  I heard as well that Allen is not for trade.  It would seem to me for the price to be real high to get him in a trade.  I wonder what Seattle rumor was?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Boncos have approx $10M in cap space this year

2013 Totals

Base SalarySigning BonusOther Bonus Cap Figure 2012 Available Cap Rollover - - -   11,537,924 2013

Adjustment - - -   5,727,067

2013 Salary Cap - - -   123,000,000

2013 Adjusted Salary Cap - - -   140,264,991

Active Contracts   101,999,507

Injured Reserve Money   16,113,583

Reserve/PUP Money  1,522,625

Dead Money  9,917,409

Practice Squad 816,000 

Cap Space11,537,924 + 5,727,067 + 123,000,000 - 129,553,124 - 816,000 = 9,895,867

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The NFLPA says they have 6.7 million.  Dunno where you are getting 10 from rkarp.  Pretty sure the NFLPA number is official.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The NFLPA says they have 6.7 million.  Dunno where you are getting 10 from rkarp.  Pretty sure the NFLPA number is official.

Spotrac...updates every day

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Bad rumor.  They are in cap hell.

Nope. Wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

rkarp,

How does the rollover work.  Can it go on from year to year? 

What's adjustments mean?

Thanks in advance!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Allen is owed 7 million the rest of this year.  Denver cannot afford him.  Period. Their D sucks badly and Elway blew it with some poor allocation with some players and not planning for Welkie, so this is why they were never able to acquire a salary like that.

It's impossible.

THey'd have to cook their books again to pull it off like Bowlen and Elway did in 1996, 1997 and 1998.

Just because they couldn't afford him as his contract was structured and their current salary cap position doesn't mean they are in cap hell like you said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Either way, I'm really glad Denver couldn't land Allen.  He would have been a big boost for them.  Man; I hate the Donkies...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I don't hate Donkies...I can't stand Poutin Manning! He is a phony who is driven by stats, a guy who has thrown teammates under the bus, a guy who looks miserable when he isn't the one scoring...he was a cry baby at 3 ...according to his brothers and he is a cry baby now...things don't change!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Allen is owed 7 million the rest of this year.  Denver cannot afford him.  Period. Their D sucks badly and Elway blew it with some poor allocation with some players and not planning for Welkie, so this is why they were never able to acquire a salary like that.

It's impossible.

THey'd have to cook their books again to pull it off like Bowlen and Elway did in 1996, 1997 and 1998.

Just because they couldn't afford him as his contract was structured and their current salary cap position doesn't mean they are in cap hell like you said.

Denver could have afforded Allen quite easily...

Salary cap hell is having to trade or cut players that are contributing to the team

2014, Denver shows approx salary obligations of $114M against a cap of $123M, meaning at this moment they have $9M in cap space. The obvious adjustment is cutting injured Champ Bailey, which removes another $9M with zero dead money incured, allowing Denver $18M in cap space next year.

By comparison, the Pats show salary obligations of $121.3M against a cap of $123M meaning at this moment they have $1.7M in cap space. The obvious move is to cut Mankins, saving $10M with no dead money, cut Connolly, saving $4M with no dead money and cut Gregory saving approx $2M (he has approx $1M in dead money)

I think it is more plausible they restructure Mankins (if he is willing, remember last time) and restructure Vince. No matter how you slice it, the Broncos are in better cap shape than the Pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No they could not.  He was owed 7.1 mil.  They only had 6.7 mil in space. Elway lost leverage.  You have no idea what leverage meams apparently.

The Pats have less cap room than the Broncos.

Are the Pats in cap hell? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

No they could not.  He was owed 7.1 mil.  They only had 6.7 mil in space. Elway lost leverage.  You have no idea what leverage meams apparently.

The Pats have less cap room than the Broncos.

Are the Pats in cap hell? 

Denver as of 10/27 has over $9M in cap space available

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ, the broncos (regardless of the number being 6 or 9M) have more cap space currently than the pats. using your cap hell logic, if you say the broncos are in cap hell, does that mean the pats are in cap hell too? I just want to understand how your cap hell logic works as we'll be having many more of these cap hell posts this year and next. Thanks for your cooperation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

again, the true definition of salarty cap hell is having to trade or cut a player that is contributing. example, the Jets cut Jason Smith, who saved them a ton against the cap, but he wasnt playing at all. Ditto Tebow with the JEts, not playing at all.

Broncos can cut Champ next year and save a ton, and he is not playing this year

Pats on the other hand have to work with/around Mankins and Vince, 2 guys that have had touchy negotiations in the past, and are very big contributors...I would say the Pats are in worse cap shape than the Broncos

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

again, the true definition of salarty cap hell is having to trade or cut a player that is contributing. example, the Jets cut Jason Smith, who saved them a ton against the cap, but he wasnt playing at all. Ditto Tebow with the JEts, not playing at all.

Broncos can cut Champ next year and save a ton, and he is not playing this year

Pats on the other hand have to work with/around Mankins and Vince, 2 guys that have had touchy negotiations in the past, and are very big contributors...I would say the Pats are in worse cap shape than the Broncos

Speaking of these two, what would happen to the cap if both were cut? I know they wouldn't want to do that to Vince, but this is the nfl and he's coming off a pretty significant injury at a old age. As for Mankins, I think they'd let him go in a heartbeat and I think they could replace what he does. I imagine they'd prefer to have them take pay cuts, but I don't think either one would do that. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

I don't hate Donkies...I can't stand Poutin Manning! He is a phony who is driven by stats, a guy who has thrown teammates under the bus, a guy who looks miserable when he isn't the one scoring...he was a cry baby at 3 ...according to his brothers and he is a cry baby now...things don't change!

I love it...here's a guy who a multi-Millionaire, famous, whose posterior is routinely kissed by the media and fans alike, but whose own brother claim he's a "crybaby"...anyone who's ever seen him dress down O Linemen on the field in the huddle when they have the ball KNOW this as well...he's just so easy to hate...people hate Brady because he's a pretty boy married to a supermodel with more money than many third world countries....they hate Manning because he's a horse faced puzzy dink...there's a huge difference

I don't respect him but it has zero to do with football. If he had done this to one of my 2 daughters he would have never had an NFL career.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

RIght, but compare our drafts and depth to our respective teams right now. Denver has holes all over that D.

We lose Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo and Talib and it's next man up.   We lose Amenolda, Gronk slow to return, Vereen,  now Vollmer and it's next man up.

BB.

You have to account for quality drop off and depth through a 53 man roster. I said this last month. Our team is better built than Denver's.

BB also resigned Nink midseason where Denver is going to need to deal with their FAs and extensions in the offseason. They weren't budgeting for Welkie at 6 million. They knee jerked the move and now they will pay for it over the season.

Jared Allen was never going to Denver. Some dork in an Englewood basement somewhere in Colorado in front of his Madden video games has no idea what the cap is all about in the NFL.

Christ, we had many here rattling off names left and right and they never once looked at the player's deal past 2013.

For your sake we better beat Denver in a few weeks otherwise you are going to be looking like the fool that you are.  They are the better team right now, probably will be in a few weeks too.  We only have half the season left to get this team dialed in for the playoffs.  It hurts to say but honestly I would feel much better about their team if I was a broncos fan then I do about our team as a Patriots fan.  Funny to watch you constantly try and be negative about other teams, especially the broncos and welkie.  Jealous troll.  You know darn well if we were playing like them everyone here would be talking super bowl already.  What is really crazy, with as bad as we are on offense and the injuries we have suffered on defense there are still many here talking Super Bowl victory.  Homers.

How's those job interviews going?  Was it a job fair you said you were at this week?  Good luck.  Read in the news that subways was hiring, have you checked there?  I bet you go for those $5 footlongs all day, every day. Might be a good place for you to put in an application.

Sections
Shortcuts