Broncos land both Talib AND TJ Ward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Broncos land both Talib AND TJ Ward

I'm shocked the Broncos are THIS aggressive.

I'm not discouraged...yet. There is still a TON of great talent available.

My one hope is that after Denver, going to the SB, and now doing this...Kraft and Belichick's hand is as close to being forced as it EVER has.

If they do nothing as Denver further distances themselves from the AFC pack...well, for what I believe will be the first time ever, I don't think the defenders (myself include) will have much to say.

I defended the Milloy move, backed sticking with Brady, defended Spygate, and have supported trading back in drafts, and going the 'value' route in general. It has worked for the most part.

But recently...too many subtractions without the additions, and if there is ONE player that, as a Pts fan, I do NOT want to succeed, it's Peyton Manning. I'm comfortable with Brady being hands down, the better career QB.

I have softened on my thinking...and reckognized that, to a degree, it is worth betting heavy while Brady is still around. Hence, I've been beating the Revis drum for over a week, and I still can't believe more people aren't picking up on what Florio said. It's a moot point now, as he's likely about to be released.

NE used to be the place to come and win. Denver is now the place others players seem to view in that light given their recent spending. Denver is also more fun to play for, they let players have more of a personality. 2 Elite level players in back-to-back years have left NE in favor of Denver.

That's a kick to the nuts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Broncos land both Talib AND TJ Ward

agree completely with your post. Denver getting arguably the top 1/2 safety and CB on the market to add to a Super Bowl runner up team, while we have done nothing (and become significantly weaker) is very disappointing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Any of those teams that have spent heavily in FA ever won a SB?  I don't think so!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Sounds like the Eagles "Dream Team" from a couple years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

where did Denver have all the free space to make these deals? Probably with the guys they are releasing....but does any poster know how they are able to make these long term deals...please don't say the words cap hellLaughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Their secondary does look improved.  What are they going to do about their choke-artist QB who s*its all over himself when the stage gets too big?  Is his arm getting any stronger yet?  The Eagles "Dream Team" is a great comparison.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

IMHO, BB beleives he DOES NOT have to pay for top talent.  H thinks he can get a middle of the pack player for a lot less money, coach that player up and with Brady as the QB, keep winning.  Unfortunately, keep winning has not included the SB. BB does seem to be more into "pieces" to add to a team than having to rely on one or two key players (other than Brady) to put the team over the top.  That philosophy worked to a degree this past season when you look at all the injuries the team endured and still got to the AFCCG.

What will it take to make him change his formula?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Their secondary does look improved.  What are they going to do about their choke-artist QB who s*its all over himself when the stage gets too big?  Is his arm getting any stronger yet?  The Eagles "Dream Team" is a great comparison.

The Eagles dream team had Michael f'n Vick at QB and they were knocked out of the playoffs in the first round the year before adding those players.

Meanwhile, Denver has a top 3 QB in NFL history, they had the best record in the AFC and made the SB last year (without two of the best players at their positions in the entire league in Von Miller and Ryan Clady - see, other teams have injuries too...)

Its not even close to a good comparison

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Any of those teams that have spent heavily in FA ever won a SB?  I don't think so!

Have we seen a team with a HOF QB, who just lit up the scoreboard on offense last season be this agressive on defense the very next season before?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Broncos are going all in for next year, they really have no choice, Not like Gomer is a young pup, with his yearly (can i do another year) physicals. The problem that is going to arise is after the 2014 or 2015 season, Bronco's will be sweeping the cellar in there division with the lack of cap space at that time. And it will take them years to get out of it.

New Englands approach is more realistic and sustainable over the long haul, get "Value" guys and roll the dice on the draft another good draft like last year and we are in the superbowl. Can we all agree last 2 drafts have been pretty darn good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Have we seen a team with a HOF QB, who just lit up the scoreboard on offense last season be this agressive on defense the very next season before?

To me this is obviously a sign that elway knew his defense needed upgrading. However, it wasn't the Denver defense that failed to win. It was seattles defense stopping the Denver high powered offense. Many may disagree with what elway is doing, but I think it is recognition that he needs a more balanced team to win. Their weakest point, the secondary is now substantially better on paper. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

IMHO, BB beleives he DOES NOT have to pay for top talent.  H thinks he can get a middle of the pack player for a lot less money, coach that player up and with Brady as the QB, keep winning.  Unfortunately, keep winning has not included the SB. BB does seem to be more into "pieces" to add to a team than having to rely on one or two key players (other than Brady) to put the team over the top.  That philosophy worked to a degree this past season when you look at all the injuries the team endured and still got to the AFCCG.

What will it take to make him change his formula?

Fire him! Even that won't change his formula! It will just get you a person that won't help you win nearly as much. 

This get you over the top crap is just that, CRAP. Unless you get a guy like Reggie White, a once in a generational player that can change the game by his own will alone, no one person can get you "over the top". Superbowls are all about wanting it. Who ever wants it the most wins. Happens every time! The more talented team comes in and loses to the not so talented team that wanted it more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Denver Broncos 2014 Super Bowl Champions

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

My one hope is that after Denver, going to the SB, and now doing this...Kraft and Belichick's hand is as close to being forced as it EVER has.

If they do nothing as Denver further distances themselves from the AFC pack...well, for what I believe will be the first time ever, I don't think the defenders (myself include) will have much to say.

I defended the Milloy move, backed sticking with Brady, defended Spygate, and have supported trading back in drafts, and going the 'value' route in general. It has worked for the most part.

But recently...too many subtractions without the additions, and if there is ONE player that, as a Pts fan, I do NOT want to succeed, it's Peyton Manning. I'm comfortable with Brady being hands down, the better career QB.

I have softened on my thinking...and reckognized that, to a degree, it is worth betting heavy while Brady is still around. Hence, I've been beating the Revis drum for over a week, and I still can't believe more people aren't picking up on what Florio said. It's a moot point now, as he's likely about to be released.

NE used to be the place to come and win. Denver is now the place others players seem to view in that light given their recent spending. Denver is also more fun to play for, they let players have more of a personality. 2 Elite level players in back-to-back years have left NE in favor of Denver.

imagine what they could do if they had any cap room

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:

Broncos are going all in for next year, they really have no choice, Not like Gomer is a young pup, with his yearly (can i do another year) physicals. The problem that is going to arise is after the 2014 or 2015 season, Bronco's will be sweeping the cellar in there division with the lack of cap space at that time. And it will take them years to get out of it.

New Englands approach is more realistic and sustainable over the long haul, get "Value" guys and roll the dice on the draft another good draft like last year and we are in the superbowl. Can we all agree last 2 drafts have been pretty darn good.

Will they be paying paymeaton 20+M in 2016?  Probably not.

They will be paying a rookie QB who will actually have a good defense and receivers to help that QB win.  Not to mention the cap will rise 20-30M by then.

Meanwhile the Pats have paid out  50M in dead money over the past 3 years because of the CRAP they bring in here to replace talent.

Lemme see, pay a good player 40M or pay crap that has to be replaced yearly and paid for 2 more years after they are gone?

Lemme see, pay and play 15 rookies with limited starting talent or pay and play 15 rookies with better talent as starters?

It's NOT like they are spending money wisely.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Sounds like the Eagles "Dream Team" from a couple years ago.

plus a qb.  eagles never had a qb

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

imagine what they could do if they had any cap room

It is what it is... HA!

Truth is, there cap isn't pretty. They have a lot of money tied up in players who are past their prime. Thankfully, Hernandez' money will finally be done this year. All 7.5 fking million.

Aside from that gag-inducing number, there top ten salary cap hits are:

Brady

Wilfork

Mankins

Mayo

Gronk

McCourty

Amendola

Connolly

Gostkowski

Vollmer

Amendola, Connolly and ANY KICKER being in the top ten salary cap hits is a joke. Plain and simple. That list is atrocious. And continuing down the list doesn't get better for a while with names like Arrington (11th), Sopoaga (12th), Tommy Kelly (15th).

They simply do not have enough elite talent. They have taken on WAY too much dead money, and have too many undeserving players at the top of their salary cap. 

It's a sobering reality...but in spite of that...they go out there and are on the doorstep every year.

My point is...time to add some real talent at the top of that list. Mankins and Wilfork are tough decisions coming up.

And Gostkowski is a 4mil cap hit. They could save 3 by cutting him. They could probably take the best college kicker in the country in the 5/6th round. I've liked the guy...but that number is stupid. They cut Vinatieri, who had proven a lot more, and has gone on to be just about as good, or about the same percentage of their cap. Belichick hasn't even trusted Gostkowski in the big games he could have...I see no reason to pay him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Just read on roto world that the broncos are "heavily interested" in wr LaFell from carolina. he was in NE for a visit this morning. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Just read on roto world that the broncos are "heavily interested" in wr LaFell from carolina. he was in NE for a visit this morning. 

Apparently is still in the building, per Albert Breer.

I'm watching some NFL network, and Breer is reporting from Foxboro...on the field in fact. The have a free agency special on.

Sections
Shortcuts