Broncos Lose More Continuity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Broncos Lose More Continuity

prediction: Since Rusty has been on the board telling us how awful the Broncos and Ravens will be this year, game 1 they play each other. After the game, which ever team loses, Russ will be here blabbing how right he was and he told ya so etc, etc....

At the end of the year, when the Broncos and Ravens are in the playoffs, Russ will deny he said both teams had bad off seasons and both are in trouble...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

prediction: Since Rusty has been on the board telling us how awful the Broncos and Ravens will be this year, game 1 they play each other. After the game, which ever team loses, Russ will be here blabbing how right he was and he told ya so etc, etc....

At the end of the year, when the Broncos and Ravens are in the playoffs, Russ will deny he said both teams had bad off seasons and both are in trouble...

I am going to love watching that game.  One of those teams get a loss right off the bat, awesome!  I will pick that game already...... My pick is Denver wins by 10.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

I never said "awful". I said the media is embarrasingly and akwardly ignoring their glaring issues.

Even you were doing it earlier this year pretending their incredbile loss of continuity in D in Baltimore with new Safeties (Huff and Elam) or new LBs like Dumuervil (terrible 3-4 OLB) or rookie Andrew Brown will somehow replace all they lost.  No way.  They will struggle with all those new bodies out there on D all learning for the first time at once. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis alone aren't devastating losses?

Each is like a hawk out there seeing things before they happen. Elam is a rookie. Mike Huff?  Andre Brown is a rookie.  McClain is a solid LB, but he's not Ellerbe. The other McClain sucks and is a bust, with legal troubles.

The loss of quality, continuity and depth for both clubs is enormous. The media is harping on our new WRs and that unknown while ignoring Balt and Den's MAJOR issues because the media does not like BB.

Otherwise, how else can you explain the lack of coverage on their issues when ours have been totally overblown?

We got Jamie DUkes now raving about the loss of Brandon Lloyd's catches with Deion Branch, on top of Welker and Hern, but who says we have to throw as much and why isn't Amendola and that singing given more respect. He can line up outside as well as inside, is younger, has a lesser drop rate than Welker and has never played with someone as good as Brady.

Even the NFL host had to interrupt Dukes and tell him NE has a very underrated RB group, good for 6th in the league last year.

Will the media attack Ozzie Newsome and the Elway Broncos front office with their drunken personnle guys for not doing a better job in teambuilding, at least on paper?

I'll take our roster right now over either one of theirs.

[/QUOTE]

Put your money where your mouth is and call it now. Who wins more games, Pats or Broncos?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Put your money where your mouth is and call it now. Who wins more games, Pats or Broncos?

I know this is directed at Rusty but I will answer too.  I see both teams going 12-4 this season.  However, I could see the Bronco's going 13-3 again this season based on their schedule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I think home field advantage will come down to Nov 24th. IMO can see both teams going 12-4.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Again, misleading. That was with DJ Williams and Dumervil still there.  Also, Keith Brooking was then a starter, as old and slow as he was and now gone.

Do I really need to count how many LBs they've lost at this point? It's even funnier they moved to a 4-3 to appease Dumervil's awful strong side run D and now he's not there anymore.

Add in Von Miller's second PED positive test, this time actually upheld for real, and their starting group on opening day will likely be the names I mentioned.

Mays was emerging into a star for Denver by year 4 and received a big contract.  He and DJ Williams were very good players for them, but cap mismanegement has forced them to cut each.

The Dumervil fax thing makes Elway look evern worse on top of all of that.

Finally, go look at what Denver's did against the elite Qbs they faced. Brady, Flacco, Matt Ryan, even Houston and Schaub. NOT GOOD.

Very mislead team D. They played a bad SD club in transition 2x, Chiefs 2x, and the Raiders 2x.

Looks like I proved this my premise pretty well, wouldn't you say? If we had a brand new LB corps and two old CBs like Bailey and Jammer are in camp to possibly starr for us, with two average or subpar Safeties like Moore and Mike Adams, RKrap and his band of Sky is Falling goobers would be in here in a rage demanding BB resign.

[/QUOTE]

it is really crazy how you lurk around these boards telling lies to support your trolling ways. Miller DID NOT fail a 2nd PED test. He did not fail a 1st PED test. Miller was tested positive for pot his rookie year (which in the Hern postings you said was no big deal) and he MISSED A TEST this year, which is considered a fail. He did not, and never has tested positive for PEDS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Again, misleading. That was with DJ Williams and Dumervil still there.  Also, Keith Brooking was then a starter, as old and slow as he was and now gone.

Do I really need to count how many LBs they've lost at this point? It's even funnier they moved to a 4-3 to appease Dumervil's awful strong side run D and now he's not there anymore.

Add in Von Miller's second PED positive test, this time actually upheld for real, and their starting group on opening day will likely be the names I mentioned.

Mays was emerging into a star for Denver by year 4 and received a big contract.  He and DJ Williams were very good players for them, but cap mismanegement has forced them to cut each.

The Dumervil fax thing makes Elway look evern worse on top of all of that.

Finally, go look at what Denver's did against the elite Qbs they faced. Brady, Flacco, Matt Ryan, even Houston and Schaub. NOT GOOD.

Very mislead team D. They played a bad SD club in transition 2x, Chiefs 2x, and the Raiders 2x.

Looks like I proved this my premise pretty well, wouldn't you say? If we had a brand new LB corps and two old CBs like Bailey and Jammer are in camp to possibly starr for us, with two average or subpar Safeties like Moore and Mike Adams, RKrap and his band of Sky is Falling goobers would be in here in a rage demanding BB resign.

it is really crazy how you lurk around these boards telling lies to support your trolling ways. Miller DID NOT fail a 2nd PED test. He did not fail a 1st PED test. Miller was tested positive for pot his rookie year (which in the Hern postings you said was no big deal) and he MISSED A TESTthis year, which is considered a fail. He did not, and never has tested positive for PEDS.

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp is right. I haven't seen anything that says Miller tested positive for PEDs. Sounds like he likes his pot and possibly other recreational drugs, but I haven't seen anything about PEDs. I also read that he failed a pot test in 2011 and missed a test this past year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

He;s not right, as per usual. Miller tested positive for amphetamine in 2011 as a rookie and was never suspended.

It smells like to me, somehow Denver sold it as a "substance abuse" thing which is laughable that marijuana would even be in that class, and the NFL allowed it.

That means, you need 3 total substance abuse category positive tests to occur before suspension.  You only need one for a PED like amphetamine, which is obviously an automatic 4 games.

This would lead one to believe he's tested positive for weed more than once, which he has per a Broncos beatwriter, but amphetamine is an uppper and considered something like an Adderall or some other PED they have on the list.

I want to know why he wasn't suspended 4 games in 2011 and what exactly is he suspended for this time.

it was pot his rookie year, and as a first offense he went into the NFL program

because he was in the program, and he missed a test a short while ago, it is reported he "failed" and is suspended....but this latest trangression is for a missed test, not a failed test

he did not fail PED testing 2 times as you falsely said

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Poor Russ - every team in the league is "in cahoots" with the NFL except for the Patriots, and they are all conspiring against the patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

By Mike Klis
    The Denver Post
      Broncos linebacker Von Miller takes a break during Friday's training camp at Dove Valley. ( John Leyba, The Denver Post) Related

Von Miller did not test positive for performance-enhancing drugs or recreational drugs this year to trigger his NFL-imposed four-game suspension for violating the league's drug policy, an NFL source said Friday.

There are numerous ways for a player to fail the policy. Missing a test or counseling session is a violation. Repeatedly showing up late for tests and behavioral issues also are considered compliance violations of the NFL's intervention program.

Miller was placed in the league's substance-abuse program after he tested positive for marijuana during his rookie year in 2011.

Miller, who is appealing his suspension, said Wednesday that smoking marijuana is not a part of his life, but he declined to talk about

Photos: Broncos Denver Broncos the case citing confidentiality.

Miller was the NFL's defensive rookie of the year in 2012 after he recorded 11½ sacks and he bettered that in his second season of 2012 with 18½ sacks.

This message was posted on Miller's Twitter account Monday afternoon: "Seeing reports abt 4 game susp. I know I did nothing wrong. I'm sure this'll be resolved fairly. Disapp. Broncos have 2 open camp like this."

Read more: Source: Von Miller suspension wasn't triggered by positive drug test for Broncos linebacker - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23741421/source-von-miller-suspension-wasnt-triggered-by-positive#ixzz2aTVfWaFg
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Rusty, I get that you are trying to read between the lines here, and who knows, maybe you are right. I just don't believe that the NFL would cover up a positive PED test for Miller when they never do for anyone else. Until I see in writing that he was actually suspended for PEDs, I have to go with what I've been told and believe that it was marijuana. If he comes back from his suspension, has a huge drop-off in play, and doesn't look like the same player, then maybe I will be more inclined to agree with you. I bet he will be his old self though, when we see him on the field again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

By the way, I'll take that bet you threw out earlier.  as much as I hate the Broncos, and believe me, hate is an understatement, I think they're really tough and one of our main competitors this year. i bet you they went 12+ games. let's be honest, the division is pretty terrible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Poor Russ - every team in the league is "in cahoots" with the NFL except for the Patriots, and they are all conspiring against the patriots.

Can you explain it then?

It's funny I point to facts, ask you and your fellow trolls questions and then you run away, not answering them.

I also asked RKrap what parole violation Dennard committed (assuming they have nothing on him in court) and he ran away.

How can a player test positive for amphetamine, that being on the PED list, and then not be banned for the 4 games under the PED policy?

Answer the question or provide a theory/explanation.

Poor Underpants. Challenges me, then can't counter.

[/QUOTE]

Child, please.  Your statements are not accepted as fact simply because you've made them.  You are proven wrong on a regular basis - in fact, in this very thread.  Because of that, your protestations and "prove its" are not the boards responsibility, but yours.

Truth is no one is conspiring against you or the pats.  Only you conspire against yourself by the magnitude of your posts and declarations that are so frequently proven wrong.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By the way, I'll take that bet you threw out earlier.  as much as I hate the Broncos, and believe me, hate is an understatement, I think they're really tough and one of our main competitors this year. i bet you they went 12+ games. let's be honest, the division is pretty terrible.

Well, currently the mods are deleting my posts left and right at this point, so I can't even respond.

[/QUOTE]

boston.com is conspiring against you and the pats, right Russ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, currently the mods are deleting my posts left and right at this point, so I can't even respond.

[/QUOTE]

Well, you did respond, so do you want to take that bet? I'm saying the Donkies win 12+. Their division is just too horrid for them not too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Can you explain it then?

It's funny I point to facts, ask you and your fellow trolls questions and then you run away, not answering them.

I also asked RKrap what parole violation Dennard committed (assuming they have nothing on him in court) and he ran away.

How can a player test positive for amphetamine, that being on the PED list, and then not be banned for the 4 games under the PED policy?

Answer the question or provide a theory/explanation.

Poor Underpants. Challenges me, then can't counter.

[/QUOTE]

Child, please.  Your statements are not accepted as fact simply because you've made them.  You are proven wrong on a regular basis - in fact, in this very thread.  Because of that, your protestations and "prove its" are not the boards responsibility, but yours.

Truth is no one is conspiring against you or the pats.  Only you conspire against yourself by the magnitude of your posts and declarations that are so frequently proven wrong.   

[/QUOTE]

This is your response?  I've had literally 3 posts deleted on this page alone which provided a link showing Miller tested positive for amphetamines in 2011.

The truth is, he tested positive for amphetamines in 2011 and he was never banned the 4 games.

This fact has nothing to do with you saying I said people are conspiring vs the Pats. This about the Broncos being known for covering up illegal NFL activity in the past and now no one being told why his amphetamine positive test did not lead to a 4 game suspension like all other players who test positive.

I'll wait for your counter.

I'd like to post the link to the corroborated report of his testing positive for amphetamine, but for whatever reason, the mods want to protect the Denver Broncos here. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

So, someone has posted a link countering your statement which makes yours wrong.  There are plenty of articles that report the reason for his suspension is testing positive for amphetimines and marijuana.  He denies it and is appealing. 

You have no facts at this time.  What you have are reports.  As I said, you conspire against yourself.  Do you think Belichick intentionally violated league rules by taping other teams?  There were reports of that too.  By your standards, then, those are facts, except that I know you don't believe these facts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

He tested positive factually?  How do you know this?  Explain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, you did respond, so do you want to take that bet? I'm saying the Donkies win 12+. Their division is just too horrid for them not too.

[/QUOTE]

What is the bet? Denver wins 13 games? Absolutely. If it's for money, please send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying they win 12 or more, because you said they would finish 11-5. Friendly wager. Make no mistake about it, I hope they finish 8-8 and that you win convincingly, but I think their terrible division will allow them to easily win 12 or more. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

What is the bet? Denver wins 13 games? Absolutely. If it's for money, please send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

I'm saying they win 12 or more, because you said they would finish 11-5. Friendly wager. Make no mistake about it, I hope they finish 8-8 and that you win convincingly, but I think their terrible division will allow them to easily win 12 or more. 

I had them at 12-4 before the Koppen and Miller issues, but I think those become problems enough to drop them down.

KC is a clear beast ready to be unleashed and won't be swept and I think Oakland sneaks off a split, as will SD, so I accept.

11-5 for Denver. They won't sweep their division.

I would be incredibly concerned if one more injury happens for Denver if I was a Broncos fan. Relying on way too many new people. It's not even preseason. Their Center sucks and they have that brand new LB group.    If that was going on here, I'd be concerned.

Bet accepted.

Man, I think Oakland will be historically bad this year.  No way they steal a win against Denver.  That Silver and Black roster is really lacking talent across the board.  I also don't see SD having even a glimmer of a chance of beating the Donkies.  I think Rivers is toast.  He hasn't looked right the last couple of years and I would be very suprised if he can regain his past form.  I give SD 6 wins this year, and that may be generous.  KC does have a pretty talented squad, and I do like the Andy Reid hire as well as the Alex Smith acquisition, but they won't be sneaking up on anyone, especially Denver.  I've heard for the past 3 seasons that KC is supposed to be a "break-out team," only to see them fall way short of expectations each time.  I've reached an "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude toward KC.  I bet the Donkies sweep the AFC West, although it would be great if they screwed up and coughed up a few of those games...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Can you name a deeper RB group in the AFC? We have two 1000 yard rushers (Ridley and Blount), Leon Washington is an experienced scatback, Vereen is likely set for a break out year and Brandon Bolden apparently is loved by Fears and BB. He STARTED for us an UDFA last year on the road in Baltimore.

What UDFA RB has ever done that on a BB team?

As for the D, Tavon Wilson emerged well in the nickel role with reduced snaps as a rookie. How many rookie Safeties have even started for a BB D?  Eugene Wilson? Ok, well, he had a HOF type Safety to play next to.

I like the way he progressed for us after his early season over-aggressive play.

In 2002, the only guy to catch passes from Brady were Troy Brown and David Patten. His TEs were brand new with Graham and Fauria.

Our RB group is way more talented now than it was then.  Smith came in out of shape and field in 2002 and Faulk was the back up.

So, this "we're doomed" tone to you and others' tone is very premature.  I guess that's how spoiled Brady has been in recent years, huh?

First of all, according to all reports, Blount is on the outside looking in and the Patriots 53-man roster going into camp so the fact he was a 1000 yard rusher three years ago is meaningless.

Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. Ben Tate and Arian Foster. Ray Rice and Benard Pierce. Heck, Chris Brown and Shonn Greene have both had 1000 yard season in their careers. You are totally projecting what you think Vereen can do. I think he has potential, but he has not done it in the NFL yet! Leon Washington's production has drop off precipitously over the past years (15 receptions his final year in NY and 23 total in 3 years - and 48 games - with SEA). (Plus of Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, and Blount - there is a good chance only 4 of them make the 53 man roster). 

Who cares if Tavon Wilson started? He was not good enough to keep the job. He got burned deep late in the Seattle game and early (on essentially the exact same pattern) in the Rams game.

True that in 2002 the only guys WR who had previous experience with Brady were Patten and Brown. They were also the two leading receivers in 2001 (and again in 2002). Edelman was the 6th leading receiver on the team last year. In 2002, four of the top five reception leaders were back, in 2013 one of the top five will be back (if and when Gronk is healthy). You do not think that is a difference?

I, in no way whatsoever, think the Patriots are "doomed" this season. I think Brady and 10 JAGs could probably make the playoffs. I just think you are overrating a lot of players on this team without having seen them on the field together.

There are question I am waiting for training camp, preseason and early regular season to find out the answers to...

On offense, Can Amendola replace Welker's production? Can Vereen replace Woodhead (747 total yards, 7 TDs)? Who will replace Lloyd and Hernandez (1394 yards, 9 TDs).?

On defense, who will be the other starting safety next to McCourty. Will Dennard be there? Will Talib and Dowling hold up healthwise? Can Jones and Hightower take the next step? Who plays next to Wilfork and how productive are they?

I expected the Pats to be 11-5 and AFC Champs in a worst case scenario. The question for me is will they be championship caliber or not.

thank you for slapping down this guys revisionist history. My hand gets tired sometimes...

Sections
Shortcuts