Bronco's, Manning bail out Wes Welker in Mile High NFL 2013 debut........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Bronco's, Manning bail out Wes Welker in Mile High NFL 2013 debut........

I admit, it was hard to stomach the game last night watching Wes run around catching balls from Gomer. It was kinda like a Johnny Damon moment for me, until Wes showed us why he is no longer here.

Last night was a PERFECT microcosm of Wes Welker as a New England Patriot. In the end Wes walked away from last night with 9-catches, 2-TDs from a future HOF QB and the resulting win.  BUT that win, when the moments were the biggest and squarely in Wes Welker's hands, HE failed BOTH TIMES.

First, Wes made one of the worst blunders in football. YOU NEVER FAIR CATCH A PUNT INSIDE OF YOUR OWN 10-yard line!!! The returner is trained to stand on the 11-yard line and if he has to take even one step back to line it up, he is supposed to abort and get away from the ball. Not only did he disobey this cardinal rule, HE TRIED TO CATCH IT AND FUMBLED!!! Result, easy Raven's TD. Add stupidity to fundamentally wrong and you can see that something not quite right is going on in WW's head. 

THEN on the most pivotal play of the game, WES DROPS THE BALL that he should catch every time! Look familiar? BUT he gets bailed out by no challenge/review by the Ravens and the Broncos score a TD seconds later. THE TD that arguably changes the game and puts the Ravens in chase mode for the rest of the night. SURE WW's stats look good on paper, but if you watched the game with your eyes, you see exactly why BB let Wes Walker!!!  No offense intended to any of you WW fans out there, but this is the truth. Wes played the worst 9-catch, 2-TD, win game I've seen in a long time. Its no coincidence that we are seeing this type of a choke so regularly from him now, it is a trend, becoming the norm. Still glad he is gone..........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Bronco's, Manning bail out Wes Welker in Mile High NFL 2013 debut........

+1  Wow Rally that was a lucid, well thought outpost. And I agree 100%

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I admit, it was hard to stomach the game last night watching Wes run around catching balls from Gomer. It was kinda like a Johnny Damon moment for me, until Wes showed us why he is no longer here.

Last night was a PERFECT microcosm of Wes Welker as a New England Patriot. In the end Wes walked away from last night with 9-catches, 2-TDs from a future HOF QB and the resulting win.  BUT that win, when the moments were the biggest and squarely in Wes Welker's hands, HE failed BOTH TIMES.

First, Wes made one of the worst blunders in football. YOU NEVER FAIR CATCH A PUNT INSIDE OF YOUR OWN 10-yard line!!! The returner is trained to stand on the 11-yard line and if he has to take even one step back to line it up, he is supposed to abort and get away from the ball. Not only did he disobey this cardinal rule, HE TRIED TO CATCH IT AND FUMBLED!!! Result, easy Raven's TD. Add stupidity to fundamentally wrong and you can see that something not quite right is going on in WW's head. 

THEN on the most pivotal play of the game, WES DROPS THE BALL that he should catch every time! Look familiar? BUT he gets bailed out by no challenge/review by the Ravens and the Broncos score a TD seconds later. THE TD that arguably changes the game and puts the Ravens in chase mode for the rest of the night. SURE WW's stats look good on paper, but if you watched the game with your eyes, you see exactly why BB let Wes Walker!!!  No offense intended to any of you WW fans out there, but this is the truth. Wes played the worst 9-catch, 2-TD, win game I've seen in a long time. Its no coincidence that we are seeing this type of a choke so regularly from him now, it is a trend, becoming the norm. Still glad he is gone..........

Exactly what I was thinking. I dont see how anyone came away from the game missing Wes Welker. His stone hands were on full display. Bobbled couple others. At the end of the day, you know what Wes will give. Lots of catches over the middle until when it counts. Id like to see what he looks like by years end the way Manning is going to force him the ball. Same as he did here. Worn down and one hit away from being innefective. He will def. help him cuz he is still younger than old *ss Stokely but best years are behind him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Good post, I had the same reaction. When the lights shine brightest he just can't make the play. One of his TDs could have been caught by a one legged hippo on muscle relaxers. The Ravens really laid an egg, but when the game was close mistakes were made. 

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Welker will be just fine much to the chagrin of countless Patriots fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Nice post Rally. Stats don't tell the whole story. 

I am interested in finding out if Arrington can stop wwelker in the slot. Arrington is quick and physical. Maybe bring spikes or Collins over and pound him a few times. I am interested in seeing how bb will stop welker. It can be done as we have all seen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Let me see.. if Welker had a night like last night with the Pats, we may grumble, but, we'd praise him and be thankful he is on the Pats.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Welker will be just fine much to the chagrin of countless Patriots fans.

We had "fine", and discarded it! We are looking for clutch, THANKS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Let me see.. if Welker had a night like last night with the Pats, we may grumble, but, we'd praise him and be thankful he is on the Pats.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

WE, does not include me, thanks. I am not pleased by status quo. WW is status quo.....not quite good enough. With a little training, WE could catch passes from the QBs that WW has had lately! What he is doing does not impress me. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Nice post Rally. Stats don't tell the whole story. 

I am interested in finding out if Arrington can stop wwelker in the slot. Arrington is quick and physical. Maybe bring spikes or Collins over and pound him a few times. I am interested in seeing how bb will stop welker. It can be done as we have all seen.

WW will be tomented psychologically, emotionally, and physically when we play the Broncos. If anyone knows what and how to slow down Wes, its TB, Josh, and BB. They will have Arrington jam him off the line and force him back to the middle underneath routes toward the belly of the LB drop where he will be anticipating the likes of Collins, Mayo, Hightower, and Spikes, etc. are ready to greet him. It will be fun to watch..........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Very Johnny Damon parallel. Agree.  Sometimes the ego overtakes a situation and those people regret it, long term.

Damon was booed here from there on out and for good reason.  Some players get it in this town, some don't.

But, 67 yards receiving isn't that great for Welker standards, IMO. Also, his botched fumble on that punt, he looked old to me.

Man, no doubt! He looks like a chubby little dude who isn't really fat but still kind of water-buggish and can get open. But as he said earlier this summer, 'Peyton wants you to do what Peyton expects you to do' whereas 'Tom gave some flexibility by providing options on each play'. He looks so uncomfortable and he and Peyton look more like a Bert and Ernie instead of the Batman and Robin that came across when he was running with Tom.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hahaha, funny thread.  Looks like he makes Denver even better on offense.  Just hope Danny IR and Julian IR can stay healthy this season and all the rookie WR's can handle the NFL schedule and the increase of talent they will face. 

I would still take Welker over any of our current WR's.

Have seen many drops from our rookie class already in preseason that should have been caught.  Amendola hitting the injury reports already and missed 1 preseason game, the most important one, already and watched him gas out in preseason game 2, and didn't he miss that pass from Brady for Brady's first incompletion of that game?

It's cool to talk up our team and have high hopes, it's foolish to think not having our most productive player who is now playing with our biggest threat is a good thing.

Keep wearing those rose colored glasses friends.  I believe there are more REAL reasons why the Pats have not won another SB in a long while.  Hopefully they win it this year, I don't want to continue being on here reading more lame excuses why they didn't.  Maybe it's time some of you face the facts and address the REAL reasons.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Welker 9 catches 2 TD's Amendola Groin Injury ??

posted at 9/6/2013 11:50 AM EDT

• tcal2-
    • First: 12/17/2010
    • Last: 9/6/2013

Garbage time TD's against a defense that already packed it in for the night is always a sign of greatness. Lol

When the game mattered he dropped passes and muffed a punt that cost his team 7 points.  

Denver didn't start scoring till they ignored Welker.  It wasn't till Baltimore had already quit, that Manning threw a couple of facing saving Red Zone (stat padding from the great one) TD passers to him.  Welker would of been roasted in Denver today if a Bad Baltimore team didn't quit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It's cool to talk up our team and have high hopes, it's foolish to think not having our most productive player who is now playing with our biggest threat is a good thing.

Those people are wrong, but so are you.  You're ready to give the Lombardi to Denver after a single game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Nice post Rally. I still believe if Amendola stays healthy, people will forget about Welker. Welker got the first showing of the season, which is partially why people are yelling that we should have kept him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Those people are wrong, but so are you.  You're ready to give the Lombardi to Denver after a single game.

[/QUOTE]

That's because he isn't very bright and turned into a troll. He will be talking about Welkie in Denver all year now. Just watch. He'll use it when Brady has a bad game and whine like a girl.  

It's the equivalent of us shredding Buffalo or blasting the Jets 4 days later at home and anyone here doing the same about our team.

Teenagers like TFB12 are very gullible and naive and think stats equate to winning things in the NFL.

lol

[/QUOTE]

LOL at you troll.  13 freaking rookies on this team, most will be playing large chunks of time, and 7 rookies on the practice squad.  lets address the real issues going into the season and stop the fake blame game to hide bad drafts and FA signings over the years.  Does this team have the talent to win a SB this season.  As much as I want to say yes, from the make up of the roster I don't feel they do.  I hope I am wrong.  But that's been the case over the last several years.  Not enough talent!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am?  I think I recall stating on here that I believe the road to the SB is going to go through Denver.  Matter of fact in the SB prediction thread I said as a Pats fan I predict the Pats beating the 49'ers in the SB, if I was a betting man I would predict the 49'ers over the Broncos.

So please show me where I am ready to give them the Lombardi trophy to Denver.  I'll wait for you to find that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's because he isn't very bright and turned into a troll. He will be talking about Welkie in Denver all year now. Just watch. He'll use it when Brady has a bad game and whine like a girl.  

It's the equivalent of us shredding Buffalo or blasting the Jets 4 days later at home and anyone here doing the same about our team.

Teenagers like TFB12 are very gullible and naive and think stats equate to winning things in the NFL.

lol

[/QUOTE]

LOL at you troll.  13 freaking rookies on this team, most will be playing large chunks of time, and 7 rookies on the practice squad.  lets address the real issues going into the season and stop the fake blame game to hide bad drafts and FA signings over the years.  Does this team have the talent to win a SB this season.  As much as I want to say yes, from the make up of the roster I don't feel they do.  I hope I am wrong.  But that's been the case over the last several years.  Not enough talent!

[/QUOTE]

TFB, READY? Sorry to remind everyone but, in the PATRIOTS last two Superbowls:

2007 lost SUPERBOWL to the NY GIANTS who had 14-ROOKS!

2011 lost SUPERBOWL to the NY GIANTS who had 12-ROOKS!

Glad to see Bill taking note! Sorry my brutha..........but us having 13-ROOKS this year sounds just about right!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

13 freaking rookies on this team, most will be playing large chunks of time,

I know this wasn't addressed at me, but I think you need to calm down a bit.  The 2010 and 2011 rosters had 10 rookies and the 2012 roster had 9.

[QUOTE]

and 7 rookies on the practice squad. 

[/QUOTE]

So what?  Veterans can't be on the practice squad.

[QUOTE]

But that's been the case over the last several years.  Not enough talent!

[/QUOTE]

The 2007 team was the arguably the most talented team in NFL history.  At the very least it was the most talented Patriots team ever.  And it won us exactly diddly.  If Welker makes the catch in 2011 that team probably wins the SB.  Then this lack of talent argument looks silly especially when you consider that the Patriots led the AFC in pro bowlers that year and had 4 players named to AP all-pro teams (2 first team and 2 second team).  It's not just about talent.  Do you think the Giants were the most talented team in the NFL when they won both years?  I don't.  It's about making plays at the right time when all the chips are on the table.  It's about having some bounces go your way.  It's about playing the best as a team.  Football is a game of inches.

Look I agree with you that a lot of Pats fans here are way to quick to dump on Welker, but you're ready to stick a fork in the dam season before the Pats have played a down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Hahaha, funny thread.  Looks like he makes Denver even better on offense.  Just hope Danny IR and Julian IR can stay healthy this season and all the rookie WR's can handle the NFL schedule and the increase of talent they will face. 

I would still take Welker over any of our current WR's.

Have seen many drops from our rookie class already in preseason that should have been caught.  Amendola hitting the injury reports already and missed 1 preseason game, the most important one, already and watched him gas out in preseason game 2, and didn't he miss that pass from Brady for Brady's first incompletion of that game?

Keep wearing those rose colored glasses friends.  I believe there are more REAL reasons why the Pats have not won another SB in a long while.  Hopefully they win it this year, I don't want to continue being on here reading more lame excuses why they didn't.  Maybe it's time some of you face the facts and address the REAL reasons.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

TFB, I and the vast majority of NFL GM's who refused to even give WW a legit offer last season despite his inflated stats but unusually low asking price likely think that any one of AD, JE, Boyce, Vereen, Dobson, KT are more valuable assets at this point. Sorry, but its true. The only ones who believe otherwise are Welker's loyal fans. I appreciate that you are a fan of his and as such, it is a tough sell, so I will stop. Its all good, and the Pats will prove just that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Welker, as usual, drops more than his share but he's wide open.  You take the good with the bad, or, in this case Denver takes the good with the bad.

As a rule in the NFL, someone else will pay quite a bit more for ex-Patriot free agents than they're worth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't know? It's easy for me to point to Welker's drop in the Super Bowl and in the AFC Championship game last year and say, "not clutch...he will choke", but then I look at how this guy makes the offense move. It's not easy to get the ball at your twenty and march it down the field against an NFL defense - trust me there's plenty of offenses that can't - Welker is a master at making your offense do that. He is not a guy that is going to score 12 touchdowns a year and be a huge redzone threat, and he's not going to make a difference against the Raven's pass defense when there is no other receiver to take the pressure off him, but the guy can flat out play.

I might be in the minority here, but I'd go so far to call him a great player. I appreciate what he does...what he brought to the table every Sunday for us, he made it look easy and it's not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I don't know? It's easy for me to point to Welker's drop in the Super Bowl and in the AFC Championship game last year and say, "not clutch...he will choke", but then I look at how this guy makes the offense move. It's not easy to get the ball at your twenty and march it down the field against an NFL defense - trust me there's plenty of offenses that can't - Welker is a master at making your offense do that. He is not a guy that is going to score 12 touchdowns a year and be a huge redzone threat, and he's not going to make a difference against the Raven's pass defense when there is no other receiver to take the pressure off him, but the guy can flat out play.

I might be in the minority here, but I'd go so far to call him a great player. I appreciate what he does...what he brought to the table every Sunday for us, he made it look easy and it's not.

Then please explain to me how we win all those Superbowls without him, yet not a single one with such a "great player" making the team move so well? I think you are overlooking who is throwing the ball to him. I think DA, or whomever else plays in the slot for us shows everyone exactly what I am talking about. Your way of thinking contradicts the factual history as we've experienced and seen it with our own eyes. It defies logic. Win without, lose with, yet he is a great player who can be tied to the most critical plays in every loss we have experienced of late. Makes no sense...FACT is, last night, the Broncos won despite Wes Wleker's performance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He's a bandwagon fan, that's why. He said he used to follow the Browns, the Pats for 1 year in 1996 and then the Jets from 1997-1999.

He said he came to our fanbase in 2000 because his dad loved the Browns and BB.

So, don't expect him to be a real fan, pcmIV.

You know I never said that.  Just more lies from the forum troll.  Are you drinking again?  You did say you like to get drunk and come on here and troll.  You want me to post the screen shot of you saying that?

Why don't you get back to your telephone customer service calls and lie to those people because here you it doesn't fly.  Not sure why you follow it anyways, you already told us you never played the game before.  Wait.. please tell me again how you went to watch a few live games as a kid.  Hahaha, thinking that makes you an expert.  You crack me up. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Incognitacious' comment:

TB...you're starting to sound like your nemesis...and your new buddy Babe, the useless old toothless fool....even, dare I say it, anonymis/Phat rex/Bungalo Bill/fatsam, the sucataciousness ridden original NY Jets troll...face it WW has dropped his last pass in the clutch for the Pats...now he's taken his choking talents to South Bea..er, Gomerville...

Well from you who has 58 posts, your words don't mean much to me.

Sections
Shortcuts