broncos or cardnils

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

broncos or cardnils

Looks like those are the two teams manning is going to choose between. he did not even bother visiting with miami.

I dont see manning playing in denver 8 times a year, so congrats to phoenix!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: broncos or cardnils

cards dont have the cap room if I recall to afford him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: broncos or cardnils:
    [QUOTE]cards dont have the cap room if I recall to afford him.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

They have the cap they'd just have to do some creative budgeting. They won't have much cap after that though to sign FA's. Basically their entire off-season would be Manning and the draft. If Wayne is serious about going where ever Manning goes then Den seems like the most likely fit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

As of someone else's post yesterday:

1. Bengals: $49.9 million under.

2. Broncos: $44.7 million under.

3. Buccaneers: $42.7 million under.

4. Jaguars: $40.6 million under.

5. Chiefs: $32.5 million under.

6. Redskins: $31.1 million under.

7. Bills: $30.8 million under.

8. Seahawks: $29.8 million under.

9. Titans: $28.1 million under.

10. Bears: $22.6 million under.

11. 49ers: $21.8 million under.

12. Browns: $17.4 million under.

13. Patriots: $16.2 million under.

14. Chargers: $14.9 million under.

15. Ravens: $14.45 million under.

16. Dolphins: $11.8 million under.

17. Colts: $11.6 million under.

18. Steelers: $10.5 million under.

19. Eagles: $9.6 million under.

20. Vikings: $7.9 million under.

21. Jets: $7.1 million under.

22. Falcons: $5.8 million under.

23. Packers: $5.4 million under.

24. Saints: $5.2 million under.

25. Cowboys: $4.7 million under.

26. Rams: $1.2 million under.

27. Giants: $3.8 million over.

28. Texans: $4.7 million over.

29. Panthers: $5.3 million over.

30. Raiders: $7.4 million over.

31. Lions: $11.5 million over.

32. Cardinals: $16.4 million over.

So they were a large bit over at that time

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Fitzgerald converts some money to a bonus, manning takes a very team friendly deal backloaded.

I honestly dont see manning playing over half a year in cold weather without a dome.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Fitzgerald converts some money to a bonus, manning takes a very team friendly deal backloaded. I honestly dont see manning playing over half a year in cold weather without a dome.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

I agree. Here is the issue: Elway knows Tebow won't make it and now has no leverage in trading Tebow, especially with the dopey donkey fans in love with a guy who plays QB who can't throw consistently and has bad mechanics.

So, by having 44 million in cap space and being buddies with Manning, does have leverage to fix the "problem" with Tebow.  So, this is why Elway is being aggressive, but it's not a god fit at all in my opinion.

What's funny about this, as someone who always hated the Broncos and Elway, is Manning won't be the Manning we've all known. New coordinator, new receivers, outdoors, Crennel's defense 2x per year, Oakland will be better now, etc.  Denver will be without Orton and now Tebow, if Elway signs Manning.  They'll have a guy (Brady Quinn) whose growth will continue to be stunted for 1 or 2 more years as well.

Arizona is clearly the best option. Said it all last year. Fitzgerald would love it, they could draft OL and hit OL in FA to help Manning a bit and lean on Beanie Wells as much as they needed.

What seems to be happening is Manning is slightly delusional and his ego is taking over in this.  It's very similar to the Favre thing, except Manning is choosing options where he feels comfrotable based on who he "knows".  Elway in Denver and Whisenhunt in Arizona. I don't Miami has a chance with a rookie head coach a new staff.  That doesn't make sense, even if he has "beach home" in Miami. Who cares about where your beach home is?

I heard a report from Mortensen that Manning seriously thought he wouldn't be released by the Colts, right up until last week, almost like there was some chance he'd remain a Colt.

I mean, WOW.  We're talking about someone who is quite delusional at this point. I drove by Duke a couple of times and saw him out there throwing.  He looks the same, but the fact is, he can't throw how he always did to his left.  All those throws he's known for, he can't really execute in real time.

You miss a full year and are rehabbing a serious injury, the same one your brother had who was told to stop playing or be paralyzed, and just because you love the game and don't want to retire, you'll be 2009 Manning again?

Sorry, not buying it. Whoever gets him will be sorely disappointed and it will create this massive disaster in his wake.   Denver will completely ruin their future with these schizophrenic decisions.

Elway may rid himself of Tebow if they do get Manning, but Manning would be wise to pick a low key Arizona market in a dome in a weaker division for the 2012 season.

To miss a full season at age 35, and to expect to rehab from that injury and to be back in the saddle on a new team, etc?  Delusional.  I'd quietly pick the Cardinals and hope my ego is in check so I can hand it off to Beanie Wells more than I did to Addai and Co. in Indy.

I would be stunned if he looked like the old Manning in 2012 and beyond.  If the logic is, a 75% Manning is better than what we have, then fine, but he was fading a bit in 2010 and then missed a lot of time last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]cards dont have the cap room if I recall to afford him.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, this really won't be about money for Manning. He's already made his money.  With the neck problem, he also has less leverage going into any negotation and was just RELEASED.

I know it sounds weird because of who he is, but he's not getting 20 milli+ per year wherever he lands. If he does, than whoever gives him that should be checked for mental illness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: broncos or cardnils : Keep in mind, this really won't be about money for Manning. He's already made his money. 
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]
    It may not be all about the money to him but I'm pretty sure a lot of it is about the money.  When Manning was talking contract with the Colts It was important to him to be the highest paid QB in the league and the Colts made the deal.  So I'm pretty sure money is at or very near the top of his list.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

While the best case cap situation is for Manning to go to Denver.  They have enough room for him and to bring in Wayne and others.  The Cards will have to do some cutting and do some creative contract renegotiations to sign Manning and probably won't be able to bring in anyone for Manning and Fitz.

If he doesn't mind the cold then Denver is the place for him to be.  If weather conditions are a factor then it's the Cards.  I'm guessing Manning will be wearing a Denver uniform very soon.  Get used to seeing a lot of Manning and Elway together the next couple years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to broncos or cardnils:
    [QUOTE]Looks like those are the two teams manning is going to choose between. he did not even bother visiting with miami. I dont see manning playing in denver 8 times a year, so congrats to phoenix!
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Manning has scheduled a trip to Tennessee, where owner Bud Adams is said to be ready to open the vault.

Is Peyton using the Titans to draw interest from a team that he really wants to play for...the Houston Texans?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/report-peyton-to-visit-the-titans/  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

First: 9/11/2008
    Last: 3/12/2012
    While the best case cap situation is for Manning to go to Denver.  They have enough room for him and to bring in Wayne and others.  The Cards will have to do some cutting and do some creative contract renegotiations to sign Manning and probably won't be able to bring in anyone for Manning and Fitz.

If he doesn't mind the cold then Denver is the place for him to be.  If weather conditions are a factor then it's the Cards.  I'm guessing Manning will be wearing a Denver uniform very soon.  Get used to seeing a lot of Manning and Elway together the next couple years.

He sure looked like he minded the cold at the Razor and Buffalo. I think weather and weakness of division is his main concern. He will get the money regardless. Watch him get a 3 yr 70M with 45 guaranteed and he gets hurt in game one and can never play again. Kinda like a Jemarcus Russell who actually tried.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

While he really doesn't need the money, it's a status thing. You've got to give him over the franchise tag, and however structured have a very high total (if not all guaranteed). Will he be the same Manning as three years ago? I doubt it. But probably better than who 25 teams have as a starter now. Wherever he goes you know the OC will work for him. A team foolish enough to try and make him play differently will rue the signing. From what I've read about the visits, he had a much more relaxed time in Denver. Arizona made it an event. So when you look at all the points I'd have to say Denver.

Denver in the AFC where Peyton knows most of the defenses, especially the better ones.

Arizona in the NFC West where he'd face probably the best defense in the league twice with SF

And in the AFC he could only face Eli in the SB. This I believe is his secret wish to end his career on. They'd both be 2-1 in the big game, but Peyton would have the head to head.

The AFC West is up for grabs. The Chargers always look good on paper but are underacheivers (thanks, Norv!). The Raiders have totally reorganized the franchise, I doubt they'll be serious contenders for a couple years. The Cheifs may be the strongest team of the four, except they have no QB to speak of. A reason I thought KC might be a good fit for him. Evidently he didn't agree! Denver's defense is pretty good, and if Manning scores quickly their pass rush will create turnovers. No last minute miracles, just solid offensive play. He puts them over the rest, so it's almost a given for a home playoff game. 

I don't think he wants either the hype of South Beach, or having to go to Foxboro, NJ, and Buffalo every year. Besides, it's a new coaching staff, and it's bound to get confusing. We'll see what happens in Nashville (or read about it). But I don't see the Titans as contenders, especially with Houston in the division.