Broncos Trade Tim Tebow to the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Broncos Trade Tim Tebow to the Jets

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    Tebow coming to AFC East. RT: @AdamSchefter: Denver traded quarterback Tim Tebow to the NY Jets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Broncos Trade Tim Tebow to the Jets

haha!

wonder what the pick was? Please be a 2nd and not a 3rd. Man this will hurt them. 40 million to Sanchez and now they have to co-exist?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

OMG. I think this is hilarious. 

He is going to be a TE/FB hybrid, who also manages to push Sanchez for a job. 

Too funny. 

I hope it was a second, but I don't think he can command that much ... not with a $7 mil per contract, and little QBing skill or H-Back experience to back it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jacksonville is ret@rded for not giving up a better 4th for him, he would mean so many fans, even in season tix sales bought in the next few weeks, then if they don't even want to play him so be it, they'll have just made more than the diff between his salary and the 4th rounders in sales

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Say what u want about Tebow ...

He makes the Jets better .

And if he likely goes to H-back , his salary is reasonable.

From the Denver Post :

Even though he earned performance escalators by beating Pittsburgh in the playoffs, Tebow has a trade friendly contract. In 2012, his contract is for $1.1 million, in 2013 he'll earn $1.055 million and 2014, he'll earn $895,000. If Tebow takes roughly 40 percent of the snaps in 2012, he would make an additional $11.25 million in combined salaries in 2013 and 2014.

But only $490,000 in 2012 and $232,500 in 2013 salaries are guaranteed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

great Sancheeze will tutor Tebow and show him how to throw the ball.....ahhh  mmmmm errrrr never mind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

As someone who was completely turned off by the hysteria last year I actually feel bad for the kid for the 1st time.
    He probably could not go to a more dysfunctional organization.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Broncos Trade Tim Tebow to the Jets:
    [QUOTE]Jacksonville is ret@rded for not giving up a better 4th for him, he would mean so many fans, even in season tix sales bought in the next few weeks, then if they don't even want to play him so be it, they'll have just made more than the diff between his salary and the 4th rounders in sales
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Jack of all trades, master of nothing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Say what u want about Tebow ... He makes the Jets better . And if he likely goes to H-back , his salary is reasonable. From the Denver Post : Even though he earned performance escalators by beating Pittsburgh in the playoffs, Tebow has a trade friendly contract. In 2012, his contract is for $1.1 million, in 2013 he'll earn $1.055 million and 2014, he'll earn $895,000. If Tebow takes roughly 40 percent of the snaps in 2012, he would make an additional $11.25 million in combined salaries in 2013 and 2014. But only $490,000 in 2012 and $232,500 in 2013 salaries are guaranteed.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

and if the Jags sold 20,000 more season tickets at even just $60 a ticket (half the new England prices) that's 9.6 million

Not to mention merchandising

the team is 45 mins from Gainsville and in the area of Florida where he went to H.S. he is a God there... talk about an idiotic franchise, no wonder they are on the fast track out of that city... like they are actually going to win with Henne/Gabbard

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Too bad Tebow signed with the Jests. I liked the guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Jests are spiraling down the toilet bowl...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Could Tebow be better than Sancheese?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

4th, 6th, and 7th...

They just traded the 2nd day of their draft for for a wildcat QB...

Just awesome...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Broncos Trade Tim Tebow to the Jets : I think he was getting 1.5 mil per year on his rookie contract.  I am shocked that we didn't push for him with the Josh connection.  What will the Jets do with Drew Hanson now?
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Greg McElroy? Heson hasn't played in about 2 years

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This trade ought to make Sanchez feel safe.  How long till the fans demand Tebow?  I for one am happy the jest got him.  Now the Tebow to NE speculation can mercifully end.  And now we get to face Tebow twice a year in some capacity, which is a good thing. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Say what u want about Tebow ... He makes the Jets better . And if he likely goes to H-back , his salary is reasonable. From the Denver Post : Even though he earned performance escalators by beating Pittsburgh in the playoffs, Tebow has a trade friendly contract. In 2012, his contract is for $1.1 million, in 2013 he'll earn $1.055 million and 2014, he'll earn $895,000. If Tebow takes roughly 40 percent of the snaps in 2012, he would make an additional $11.25 million in combined salaries in 2013 and 2014. But only $490,000 in 2012 and $232,500 in 2013 salaries are guaranteed.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

CPT....You are spot on!!!!.   People who don't think he helps the JESTS are fools. ESPECIALLY in short yardage at the goal line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]4th, 6th, and 7th... They just traded the 2nd day of their draft for for a wildcat QB... Just awesome...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?
    Oh well, they probably don't have any $$$ left to sign those picks any way.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]4th, 6th, and 7th... They just traded the 2nd day of their draft for for a wildcat QB... Just awesome...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

I read that it was their 4th and 6th round picks this year, only: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7718133/new-york-jets-acquire-tim-tebow-4th-round-pick-source-says

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Broncos Trade Tim Tebow to the Jets : The Jets signed Hanson or Henson a week or so ago as their backup or 3rd stringer.  I recall him being bad enough to fit right in there. 
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

OMG I didn't know that! Henson stinks! Wow they are desperate