Broncos vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Broncos vs Patriots Game Thread

Cecil Lammey @cecillammey 21m

CONFIRMED by team sources, Julius Thomas did make the trip to NE, sources saying he could be a game time decision #Broncos

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTPat. Show MTPat's posts

Re: Broncos vs Patriots Game Thread

If the Colts can do it...we sure as hell can!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

“@MikeReiss: TE Michael Hoomanawanui (left knee) ruled out for Sunday night's game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

its become a contest to see who can put up the game thread first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Actually I have probably started one game thread  this year..... typically last year I started a lot of them 2-3 hours before the game when Boston media started tweeting..,

Julius Thomas is a game related topic.. a big one.... So why start a thread about Thomas where there might be 6 posts?  

Did I win the contest?  Johnny....Tell me what I won!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Out: Hooman

Questionable: Talib, Gregory, Dennard and Arrington.

Dennard unlikely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ty rocky.  Got to have that magic goin on.  Dog are you trying to steal jints the board cops job?  I guess eeeeeeyouuuu. Eeeeeee youuuu won't apply. Maybe it should be some kind of combine noises for you.  Go police Indy star boards. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Tom Brady 7-2 vs Manning at home

Brady's numbers vs. Manning: 276-of-412 passing, 3,059 yards, 23 TDs, 12 INTs

Manning's numbers vs. Brady: 325-of-521 passing, 3,821 yards, 27 TDs, 19 INTs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can't say I'm sad Julius Thomas is not playing.

Pats are one of the most penalized teams with key players out with injuries. No excuses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Ty rocky.  Got to have that magic goin on.  Dog are you trying to steal jints the board cops job?  I guess eeeeeeyouuuu. Eeeeeee youuuu won't apply. Maybe it should be some kind of combine noises for you.  Go police Indy star boards

only Indy ?  add the Peyton Manning fanclub board.  Why do you think he was so anxious to post on the GT this early.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

No troll, Rockly ALWAYS posts the official game thread unless he is unavailbe that day. if you paid attention to the forum and weren't a troll who only swings by when the Pats lose to talk smack, you would know this.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I used to remember Rocky always starting the game threads here.  No offense to anyone else but I think Rocky should be the one who always starts the game threads for now on.  Just my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

im gunna try to start as many as possible 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

no quag i think he was referencing me and the last one. he probably wouldntve posted this thread if you had not commented what you commented on mine last week. dumbkoff

Sorry bud but its true. Rocky usually always starts them. You jumped the gun very early last week. And before you get offended and insult me with the namecalling, why do you care what a troll like Underpants thinks? Lets keep it on football. "dumbkoff"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Hey Rocky- good to see you back!  Your  thread posts leading up to game time always the best. Are you still in enemy territory?  I hear McDaniels is still hated with a passion by most Bronco fans.  I hope McD has some decent play calls up his sleeve today.

Best game of the season coming up!  GO PATS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Seniority rules, folks. Rocky has been the one for a long time. Always know the games coming when you see " THE GAME THREAD"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

im gunna try to start as many as possible 

lol Go ahead troll. Nobody will follow or coment in your thread once Rocky starts the real game thread! LOL What a childish tool you are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Hey Rocky- good to see you back!  Your  thread posts leading up to game time always the best. Are you still in enemy territory?  I hear McDaniels is still hated with a passion by most Bronco fans.  I hope McD has some decent play calls up his sleeve today.

I am still out here....

Do not hear McDaniels name mentioned much, he has been forgotten.  I love how the fan base were calling for Moreno to be released prior to the season, now they love him. Used to hear the name Decker, but not since this other guy came to town.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

I am still out here....

Do not hear McDaniels name mentioned much, he has been forgotten.  I love how the fan base were calling for Moreno to be released prior to the season, now they love him. Used to hear the name Decker, but not since this other guy came to town.  

Sometimes I wish we could forget McD too. Listening to one of the Broncos radio guy - I forget from what station- on SportsHub the other day- and he was going off about how McD was a hated man- McD's failure as HC really set the Broncos up for their current golden run- with Elway at the helm and PM at QB. Yeah, Moreno seems to be getting a whole lot of love. You must get blinded by all that orange. GO PATS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

From Mike Reiss earlier this morning. Didn't lift the whole thing. And don't want to turn this game thread into a pie fight about WW. His take on Welker's departure rings true. And bring on the COLD with a side fo freeze thrown in.

"1. The Patriots couldn't have ordered up a better weather forecast for Sunday night against Peyton Manning and the Broncos -- icy cold and windy. Temperatures are expected to be in the teens at night, with winds possibly gusting around 20 miles per hour. ESPN's statistical database goes back to 2001 and computes that Manning is 2-5 in games when the temperature is 32 degrees or lower at kickoff (including playoffs), with six touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Add in three more sub-32-degree games from the 1998-2000 seasons, and Manning is 3-7 lifetime in those situations, with 11 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. (Thanks to Paul Phillips of ESPN's Stats & Information for the legwork on Manning's performance in sub-32 degree temperatures.) 

2. When it comes to football at this time of year in the Northeast, something Tom Brady said after the Patriots' 27-17 wind-filled win over the Dolphins on Oct. 27 has stuck with us: “The weather is turning [and] the game changes a little bit. We have to be able to adjust and play the style that we need to win.” It seems like that's going to be a big part of the storyline tonight, and that has traditionally been a strength of the Patriots in the Bill Belichick/Brady era. From Manning's perspective, it's a great opportunity to put to rest the notion that his excellence takes a hit in the cold conditions, something he hasn't had to deal with as often as Brady over his career. 

3. In the 27 games Manning has started at quarterback for the Broncos, he hasn't had many cold-weather tests. The divisional-round loss to the Ravens last season (13 degrees) was the only sub-32 degree day and that could have been a win if not for a big defensive breakdown late. Still, it seems fair to say that Manning wasn't overly sharp that day. Here is the breakdown of game-time temperature in each of Manning's starts with Denver, which shows how tonight's bone-chilling forecast will be an outlier for him: 

80 degrees plus -- 3 
    70-79 degrees – 8 (includes domes) 
    60-69 degrees -- 4 
    50-59 degrees -- 8 
    40-49 degrees -- 2 
    30-39 degrees -- 1 
    29 degrees or less -- 1 

[+] EnlargeWes Welker Justin Edmonds/Getty ImagesDenver Broncos receiver Wes Welker will face his former team Sunday night.

4. With Wes Welker returning to town tonight as a member of the Broncos, I've revisited notes and reporting of the story of his departure. Here were a few nuggets/thoughts that stood out most: 

Welker came back to the Patriots after receiving the offer from the Broncos and gave them the chance to match it. Had the Patriots not already committed significant extensions to Danny Amendola and Aaron Hernandez, they probably would have. But I think the feeling was that it was too much money tied up on the interior part of the field, and it would restrict them in terms of investing on defense (e.g. possibly no Aqib Talib). If they knew then what they know now in regards to Hernandez, it seems fair to say Welker probably still is a Patriot. 

The role of the first-ever legal tampering period was a significant factor contributing to the way things ended. The Patriots assumed Welker had a better offer elsewhere after the three-day period and made the decision at that point to move on. If they didn't, they feared losing the only player they viewed as a capable replacement, Amendola. 

Welker's camp, although skeptical that the Patriots had locked in on Amendola from the outset, felt like there would still be time to dance after the three-day legal tampering period. When they realized there wasn't, it required an aggressive sales pitch to Denver to generate interest that wasn't previously there. Denver and Welker had little to no contact during the three-day legal tampering period. 

The closest the Patriots and Welker ever came to an extension was in the summer of 2012. They were about $1 million apart but couldn't close the gap. 

I truly don't think Welker ever thought it would come to this, although there was a part of him that had grown tired of Bill Belichick's hard-driving approach. Likewise, I think Belichick had great respect for Welker, but at the same time had grown tired with how things that dragged out contractually over two years. "

GO PATS!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

I am still out here....

Sometimes I wish we could forget McD too. Listening to one of the Broncos radio guy - I forget from what station- on SportsHub the other day- and he was going off about how McD was a hated man- McD's failure as HC really set the Broncos up for their current golden run- with Elway at the helm and PM at QB. Yeah, Moreno seems to be getting a whole lot of love. You must get blinded by all that orange. GO PATS!

I don't listen to Denver sports radio (i live a few mins from work) and it is Denver sports, I have no interest in it.  The Denver fans seem to be so enamored with the current run that they have forgotten the past (for the present moment)... I am sure the sports announcers bring him up to stir the pot...

Here the Broncos often lead the evening news even when they are not playing or have not played...laugh

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Tom Brady 7-2 vs Manning at home

Brady's numbers vs. Manning: 276-of-412 passing, 3,059 yards, 23 TDs, 12 INTs

Manning's numbers vs. Brady: 325-of-521 passing, 3,821 yards, 27 TDs, 19 INTs

Manning is 4-3 over Brady in the last 7 meetings.

Seeing we want to make numbers work for our arguements Brady is 2-1 over Manning in the last 3 meetings.

Sections
Shortcuts