Broncos vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Broncos vs Patriots Game Thread

What is this about the fire alarm going off at the Broncos hotel last night?

They just mentioned it on 9news Denver and are..... "speculating poor sports" possibly

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

“@BenVolin: Tonight will likely be a 20-20 game for #Patriots and #Broncos, as @MikeKlis puts it -- 20 degrees, 20 mph wind

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to MTPat's comment:

If the Colts can do it...we sure as hell can!

If the Pats can't, would that mean we have to consider the Colts a better team than the Pats?  It will be all up to the D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Cecil Lammey @cecillammey 21m

CONFIRMED by team sources, Julius Thomas did make the trip to NE, sources saying he could be a game time decision #Broncos

Nice to see you here starting a game thread, Rocky!!!  GO PATS!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

its become a contest to see who can put up the game thread first.

UD, don't know about others here, but, a game tread started by Rocky, IMHO, is the "official" game thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Tom Brady 7-2 vs Manning at home

Brady's numbers vs. Manning: 276-of-412 passing, 3,059 yards, 23 TDs, 12 INTs

Manning's numbers vs. Brady: 325-of-521 passing, 3,821 yards, 27 TDs, 19 INTs

Uncle Rico...   Today, Manning has some darn good weapons going for him, while the Pats are coming around.  The X factor..  the Pats D.  If they couldn't stop Newton last week, it will take some darn good imagination and schemes by BB to do the job this week.  But, the Pats have surprised us when many think the stars aren't in align.  If anything, this may be a high scoring affair, depending on how the wind affects the passing game, and it may come down to a last possession.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

“@Patriots: LB Brandon Spikes has been downgraded from probable to questionable for tonight’s game. #DENvsNE”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

“@BenVolin: Tonight will likely be a 20-20 game for #Patriots and #Broncos, as @MikeKlis puts it -- 20 degrees, 20 mph wind

Of all the teams in the hunt to Win the SB and it being in NJ in   February at nite, arent the Pats best built for that? Especially against the NFC dome teams?

Right now tho, the Pats are missing 5 D men and Talib and Arrington nicked up. this is a little scary, and now maybe Spikes. 

One would think with PMs arm not that strong now  with the wind and cold , that another nail can be put into PMs reputation

Although the Pats gave up a lot of running yards vs Carolina, it was really only cam that hurt us,

FGs will be tricky, I don't look to see many +40 yd try's by either very very good kicker, but am hoping we have the wind in the  4 th qtr.

I believe who ever runs best will win

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

seawolf.. 103 yards a lot of "running" yards?  The Pats D only gave up 41 yards rushing discounting Newton.  That is an excellent performance when most Ds do not gear up to specifically stop the QB.  Most of Cam's runs were out of pass plays that were shut down and not designed run plays.  Better yet, only 209 passing yards considering the Pats D generally gives up a lot more passing yards than that.  The failure of the Pats D was stopping the Panthers on 3rd down, gave up 8 of 11 to them.  A couple more stops and the outcome could have been very different.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

joe... can the Pats stop the PASS?  The $64,000 question!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Spikes possibly out really will hurt us.  He is so good against the run game.  Not that the Broncos have a great run game but they could have one tonight with Spikes out and our run defense is not so good to begin with.

I see the Broncos totally controlling the ball tonight.  The defense is going to get tired as horseface moves the ball any way he chooses tonight.

Spikes being out is a very big deal and changes this game quite a bit.  His intimidation and blitz prowess is huge.

I see Fletcher taking the spot and getting most the reps here.  He needs to bring his best game .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I used to remember Rocky always starting the game threads here.  No offense to anyone else but I think Rocky should be the one who always starts the game threads for now on.  Just my opinion.

Actually, back in the day, kmax brought the game thread to this board.  The game thread idea came from the Sox board where it started first.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just heard about Spikes.  This sucks! Seems like ever advantage we get is offset by a disadvantage.  The weather is good for the Pats, might force Denver to run the ball more.  Now the run defense is weakened because Spikes might be out and the Broncos will be more effective in the run game.  Unbelievable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I used to remember Rocky always starting the game threads here.  No offense to anyone else but I think Rocky should be the one who always starts the game threads for now on.  Just my opinion.

Actually, back in the day, kmax brought the game thread to this board.  The game thread idea came from the Sox board where it started first.

Game threads are pretty common in all sports message boards, can't imagine a forum not having one on game day, not sure why the Sox forum gets credit for it, lol.

I don't recall kmax starting them, possibly before my time.  While I very rarely post in game threads during the game I do recall looking at them after the game and noticed Rocky started most of them prior to this season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is going to be a long afternoon.  Tonight can't come fast enough.  Just like last week.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Rapoport is reporting Julius Thomas will be out.  That is absolutely enormous news and a huge break for our dinged up D.

The NFLN panel just chose Denver across the board. Bulletin board time.

What I find suspicious is how the media continues to ignore how poor Denver's pass D is and how our offense somehow isn't any good.

VERY strange analysis for this game.

This is big news and frees up Talib to line up on someone else.  I liked the idea of putting Talib on him much like he played on Graham vs the Saints.  Still don't see Talib playing Welker.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Rapoport is reporting Julius Thomas will be out.  That is absolutely enormous news and a huge break for our dinged up D.

The NFLN panel just chose Denver across the board. Bulletin board time.

What I find suspicious is how the media continues to ignore how poor Denver's pass D is and how our offense somehow isn't any good.

VERY strange analysis for this game.

This is big news and frees up Talib to line up on someone else.  I liked the idea of putting Talib on him much like he played on Graham vs the Saints.  Still don't see Talib playing Welker.

Is Talib playing at all?  Is he not still injured?  Also what about Spikes?  I think oud D is too weak to dtop Denver - Broncos by 10, imo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[/QUOTE]

Rocky

I don't listen to Denver sports radio (i live a few mins from work) and it is Denver sports, I have no interest in it.  The Denver fans seem to be so enamored with the current run that they have forgotten the past (for the present moment)... I am sure the sports announcers bring him up to stir the pot...

Here the Broncos often lead the evening news even when they are not playing or have not played...laugh

Good for you tuning out the noise in the land of orange.  Yep- sports radio is all about stirring up the pot.  Yikes- Broncos lead the evening news?! Mile high air is a challenge. GO PATS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

its become a contest to see who can put up the game thread first.

Actually I have probably started one game thread  this year..... typically last year I started a lot of them 2-3 hours before the game when Boston media started tweeting..,

Julius Thomas is a game related topic.. a big one.... So why start a thread about Thomas where there might be 6 posts?  

Did I win the contest?  Johnny....Tell me what I won!

Rocky you are the primo game thread guy.  Always great links and game day info.  Youdaman

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

What is this about the fire alarm going off at the Broncos hotel last night?

They just mentioned it on 9news Denver and are..... "speculating poor sports" possibly

HA! If this is true- just a wayward Pats fan having some fun. Between the freezing cold and the adrenline rush I don't think sleep deprivation will be a factor for either team.  GO PATS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to MTPat's comment:

If the Colts can do it...we sure as hell can!

If the Pats can't, would that mean we have to consider the Colts a better team than the Pats?  It will be all up to the D.

That would make the Rams who beat the Colts the better team.

Sections
Shortcuts