Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Broncos

This is a very good team that will be in the hunt for a bye and maybe even a championship.

However, when watching the 2007 and 2010 Patriots, I absolutely got the feeling that those teams peaked too early.

Now, there's nothing wrong with playing great throughout the season. If I'm a Broncos fan, I'm absolutely thrilled about how the team is playing.

All I can think is: The Bronco's are firing on all cylinders right now, on defense and offense and will do so for a while. However, I just don't see them maintaining that pace throughout the playoffs. If this were week 15, I would probably like them as much as I liked the Packers chances in 2010.

I have no statistical evidence to back this up. Maybe it's just the Peyton Manning effect.

I will gladly eat crow if the Bronco's win it all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Broncos

I disagree about the 2010 Pats. They came storming into the Playoffs that year. The last 5 game scores were 45-3, 36-7, 31-27, 34-3, 38-7. Virtually everyone had them crushing the Jets and later winning the super bowl. They were actually playing good defense at the end of that season. They were peaking perfectly and they crapped their diapers against the Jets. Worst game management and coaching of Belichek's career, a true debacle. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a very good team that will be in the hunt for a bye and maybe even a championship.

However, when watching the 2007 and 2010 Patriots, I absolutely got the feeling that those teams peaked too early.

Now, there's nothing wrong with playing great throughout the season. If I'm a Broncos fan, I'm absolutely thrilled about how the team is playing.

All I can think is: The Bronco's are firing on all cylinders right now, on defense and offense and will do so for a while. However, I just don't see them maintaining that pace throughout the playoffs. If this were week 15, I would probably like them as much as I liked the Packers chances in 2010.

I have no statistical evidence to back this up. Maybe it's just the Peyton Manning effect.

[/QUOTE]

+1  The only good team they have left to face is the Ravens. The others are average or below. Maybe thats a good thing because they won't have anyone challenging them until the playoffs where they can get nailed by real competition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

manning wont be fitzpatrick, so we better play the hell out of the matchup if we get it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would eat raw crow meat to KEEP them from winning it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would eat raw crow meat to KEEP them from winning it.

[/QUOTE]

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree about the 2010 Pats. They came storming into the Playoffs that year. The last 5 game scores were 45-3, 36-7, 31-27, 34-3, 38-7. Virtually everyone had them crushing the Jets and later winning the super bowl. They were actually playing good defense at the end of that season. They were peaking perfectly and they crapped their diapers against the Jets. Worst game management and coaching of Belichek's career, a true debacle. 

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots played 6 dominating games to close out the season, and finished 7 of their last 8 in dominating fashion.

I personally did not expect the team to continue to dominate like that for 3 more games. I was not sold on that defense at all. The 2010 offense was one of the most efficient i have ever seen (Only 10 turnovers) with Brady going 300+ passes without a pick. That efficiency protected the defense. You just had the feeling that Brady was due for a bad game eventually.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You don't have to worry about the Broncos because Manning will bring his postseason success with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots played 6 dominating games to close out the season, and finished 7 of their last 8 in dominating fashion.

I personally did not expect the team to continue to dominate like that for 3 more games. I was not sold on that defense at all. The 2010 offense was one of the most efficient i have ever seen (Only 10 turnovers) with Brady going 300+ passes without a pick. That efficiency protected the defense. You just had the feeling that Brady was due for a bad game eventually.

[/QUOTE]

I expected the scores to get closer but no one expected a one and done against the Jets at home. They dominated the AFC super bowl representative Steelers in Pittsburgh at the beginning of the streak. They came into the playoffs hotter that year than any season except for maybe the 2003 team. How come Brady's efficiency isn't helping the defense this year? The defense is much worse now it seems. The Pats offense just does not turn it over. Brady is on pace for what 5 or 6 ints this year. You are right. This team can probably not survive a bad Brady performance in the playoffs without some big breaks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You don't have to worry about the Broncos because Manning will bring his postseason success with him.

[/QUOTE]

LOL good one.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could not agree with this more. The key is not playing your best football the last five weeks of the season. It is playing well enough to make the playoffs and then playing your best football in the playoffs. It has been a long time since the Patriots peaked in January. Last year, the beat a team that should never have been there (the Broncos) and needed a dropped pass in the endzone and a missed FG at the end of the game to make it to the Super Bowl. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could not agree with this more. The key is not playing your best football the last five weeks of the season. It is playing well enough to make the playoffs and then playing your best football in the playoffs. It has been a long time since the Patriots peaked in January. Last year, the beat a team that should never have been there (the Broncos) and needed a dropped pass in the endzone and a missed FG at the end of the game to make it to the Super Bowl. 

[/QUOTE]

last year looked like a cakewalk compared to this year. and we were luckly then.

now, we wil have to earn it.

though it did take soem divine intervention to win this gaem, never mind the refs giving us all those calls adn teh fumbles, the buff receiver admitted to blowing the play. he was supposed to run a route ending up in front of mccourty in teh endzone.

Sections
Shortcuts