Brooks out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Brooks out?

What happened to the rumors of the Pats eyeing Derrick Brooks? Is he out of the picture or are they just satisfied with Guyton? ( Its a scary thought that Guyton might be the D leader for the next 4-5 weeks, as he made alot of mistakes in the Jets game).
    Maybe Brooks isnt what he used to be, but at least he recognizes the plays that are played, which is more than you can say bout Guyton. He missed coverage of Leon W, he was blocked out when they ran the ball etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Brooks out?

He looked good in the Jets game. What game were you watching?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

You mean Burgess?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i think some of these older players on wanting bigger money.this is why they are still available.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I have much respect for Brooks but he is well past his prime, not in football shape, and doesn't even know our Defense so I don't know why you think he'd be better than Guyton over the next 4 - 5 weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Guyton was not good in the Jets game. Look how Leon W ran straight behind him  - and often he wasnt near the ball. We need someone with experience to teach the young LBs. Its not an asset to be fast if you run in the wrong direction!

And how did derrick Burgess ever go to two Pro Bowls? So far he is a joke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks out?:
    [QUOTE]I have much respect for Brooks but he is well past his prime, not in football shape, and doesn't even know our Defense so I don't know why you think he'd be better than Guyton over the next 4 - 5 weeks.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the word, even last year, was that he was living off his reputation and had slowed considerably.  Not what this teams needs now.  This guy, Prescott Burgess, can actually help this team.  As I wrote in earlier post's this week, he comes from a solid system both at Michgian (played with Woods, Woodley, Harris, Crable) where he was very good and Baltimore.  Plus he's solid on special teams.  They need that more than an old broken down LB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]Guyton was not good in the Jets game. Look how Leon W ran straight behind him  - and often he wasnt near the ball. We need someone with experience to teach the young LBs. Its not an asset to be fast if you run in the wrong direction! And how did derrick Burgess ever go to two Pro Bowls? So far he is a joke.
    Posted by haldager[/QUOTE]

Three years ago he was on top of the world.  I think his competitive advantage is speed and in this game they lose it quickly.  Perhaps he has simply burnt out.  After all he was one those guys that lingered awhile with Philly for a few years before coming of age with Oakland.  Again perhaps he was simply a shooting star.  It's early yet, but he is undersized....look at him.....he's not Willie McGinest nor Fred Dean size.  Tully actually looks solid so far this year. I think in SF, they paid him and expected to use him in all facets which he isn't cut out for.

The Atlanta game will be a good baramoter for the state of the Patriots defense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Guyton is fast but not that good, a special teams star, someone better than Woods but nowhere close to a starter.

Brooks should have been signed, he can give us some vet pizazz first 8 games and Seau could give it to us the last 8, we could piece together a good season from both of them and then have the Jerod Mayo show down the stretch with those guys making cameos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]Guyton was not good in the Jets game. Look how Leon W ran straight behind him  - and often he wasnt near the ball. We need someone with experience to teach the young LBs. Its not an asset to be fast if you run in the wrong direction! And how did derrick Burgess ever go to two Pro Bowls? So far he is a joke.
    Posted by haldager[/QUOTE]You are a tool, LOL, a real funny one. Guyton had a nice game. Go play Madden football or something and keep your genious football mind away from here.

Sections
Shortcuts