Brown: I'd take Edelman over Welker, Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Brown: I'd take Edelman over Welker, Amendola

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course Troy Brown would take Edelman over Welkie, what else do you expect the guy to say?  Troy Brown is a Patriots. Duh!  Inside our walls Troy Brown is great.  Outside our walls he is just an average type player who did a few things good but not any one thing great, very much like Edelman.  Welkie a much better receiver.

If I am putting a team together right now and I have a choice between Welkie and Edelman, I choose Welkie.

[/QUOTE]

OH WE KNOW! Troy Brown is a "HOMER" and knows nothing about skill level of a WR in the NFL. Shut up you stupid fool and go back to cheering for your JESTS. Troy Brown knows who is the beter ball player. HE PLAYED THE GAME and HAS 3-RINGS you stupid bytch. Oh, and tell TFB12 I said HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GO PATS! Great job JE!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Welker who?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker who?

[/QUOTE]

Did I miss the post where you apologized to all of this country’s veterans for the viscous comments you made about them on Veteran’s Day?

If so..thank you….if not…GTFOOH and don’t come back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of course Troy Brown would take Edelman over Welkie, what else do you expect the guy to say?  Troy Brown is a Patriots. Duh!  Inside our walls Troy Brown is great.  Outside our walls he is just an average type player who did a few things good but not any one thing great, very much like Edelman.  Welkie a much better receiver.

If I am putting a team together right now and I have a choice between Welkie and Edelman, I choose Welkie.

[/QUOTE]

OH WE KNOW! Troy Brown is a "HOMER" and knows nothing about skill level of a WR in the NFL. Shut up you stupid fool and go back to cheering for your JESTS. Troy Brown knows who is the beter ball player. HE PLAYED THE GAME and HAS 3-RINGS you stupid bytch. Oh, and tell TFB12 I said HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GO PATS! Great job JE!!!

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Faulk has 3 Super Bowl rings do you hear much talk about him outside our fan base about being a great RB?  Of course not.  How about Stephen Neal or Matt Light? Or unfortunately one of my favorite players of all time Willie McGinest?  No, these guys don't get brought up outside our walls in talks of being some of the best to play the game.  John Hannah, Andre Tippet don't have 3 rings, were they not good? You stupid bytch.  Did you give Crusty a big kiss on your way out the door when you left for work today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Accept the players the Pats have on the team now and, please, do not concern yourself with a player on ANOTHER team.  The offense is clicking now with the players they have and let's enjoy it instead of this continued MMQB stuff like we are seeing.

Another thing everyone is forgeting..  Brady's passing numbers are down overall compared to this time last season.  So, obviously, the receiving numbers of the receivers would also be down.  Secondly, Welker's numbers may be down from where he was last season when with Brady, but, look at the receiver corps he is part of now.  A group of receivers we Pats fans would love to see here.  Welker does not have to be the center of attention over in Denver, does he?  A whole different scenario.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Don't think anyone expected Edelman to be this good. Too bad they couldn't have replaced Welker with Edelman and gone after someone like Mike Wallace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Kevin Faulk has 3 Super Bowl rings do you hear much talk about him outside our fan base about being a great RB?  Of course not.  How about Stephen Neal or Matt Light? Or unfortunately one of my favorite players of all time Willie McGinest?  No, these guys don't get brought up outside our walls in talks of being some of the best to play the game.  John Hannah, Andre Tippet don't have 3 rings, were they not good? You stupid bytch.  Did you give Crusty a big kiss on your way out the door when you left for work today?

[/QUOTE]

You are a damned fool dude. Your are all over the place trying to discredit TROY BROWN, an NFL Star who spoke his opinion. You are a damned fool. Now BUSTCHISE, go clean the theatre and give TFB12 a hug for me. Aren't you running "Wes Welker, the Bio of an NFL CHOKE MASTER" today on the big screen???? LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Accept the players the Pats have on the team now and, please, do not concern yourself with a player on ANOTHER team.  The offense is clicking now with the players they have and let's enjoy it instead of this continued MMQB stuff like we are seeing.

Another thing everyone is forgeting..  Brady's passing numbers are down overall compared to this time last season.  So, obviously, the receiving numbers of the receivers would also be down.  Secondly, Welker's numbers may be down from where he was last season when with Brady, but, look at the receiver corps he is part of now.  A group of receivers we Pats fans would love to see here.  Welker does not have to be the center of attention over in Denver, does he?  A whole different scenario.

[/QUOTE]

Whoaaaaa there Bill!  Brady's numbers are down BECAUSE of the receivers he was forced to play with over the first half of the season, not the other way around.

Since he has not been forced to use 3-4 rookies and back ups as his primaries, he has been LIGHTS out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whoaaaaa there Bill!  Brady's numbers are down BECAUSE of the receivers he was forced to play with over the first half of the season, not the other way around.

Since he has not been forced to use 3-4 rookies and back ups as his primaries, he has been LIGHTS out.

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker who?

[/QUOTE]

They meant Welkah

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

So how much will it take to re-sign Edelman when his one year contract is done at the end of the season? Will BB wants to risk having him test FA market in order to pay the least he can get away with, or will he open up the wallet? Will Edelman get in the neighborhood just south of Amendola? He is certainly doing a lot more than Amendola at this point, and he is outstanding as a PR on top of catching the ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So how much will it take to re-sign Edelman when his one year contract is done at the end of the season? Will BB wants to risk having him test FA market in order to pay the least he can get away with, or will he open up the wallet? Will Edelman get in the neighborhood just south of Amendola? He is certainly doing a lot more than Amendola at this point, and he is outstanding as a PR on top of catching the ball.

[/QUOTE]

especially now that he has a new nickname

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/02/julian-edelman-has-a-new-nickname-minitron/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have to pay the guy at least Kyle Arrington money just to be fair but we might still be able to get him fairly cheap, nobobdy else is talking about him other then a few of our fans.  Amendola, can we cut him after the season and bring in a real receiver?  Amendola has been a major disappointment. The Rams are laughing at us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tfb12 and patseng on the watch.

[/QUOTE]

Unlike you, two of our better posters on this board dumbkoff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

You are a damned fool dude. Your are all over the place trying to discredit TROY BROWN, an NFL Star who spoke his opinion. You are a damned fool. Now BUSTCHISE, go clean the theatre and give TFB12 a hug for me. Aren't you running "Wes Welker, the Bio of an NFL CHOKE MASTER" today on the big screen???? LOL!

[/QUOTE]

I am?  I really enjoyed watching him here, still have his jersey.  1 time all pro and pro bowler, outside of our walls and our hall he isn't considered a NFL star for receiving. Legendary here, yes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They are slightly different WRs. NE could have both of them on the field. Welker is a pure slot, Edelman is a mid-sized slot WR. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree, this is VERY true and I have made comments to this effect earlier in the season.  But, to then denigrate the results of Edelman and Amendola as inferior to Welker is unjustified.  Welker had his numbers because what was in place last season allowed for it.  This season, it took quite a few games for Brady to feel out what this corps would do and it had its ups and downs, no doubt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I have no idea why Brown says this, clearly he hasn't looked into the numbers.

After week 13 last season Welker had 80 receptions and 960 receiving yards. 

Currently Welker has 68 receptions and 717 yards and 9td's this season sharing the ball with all those other receivers they have in Denver.  Simply amazing!

Edelman has 70 receptions and 711 yards with 4 tds this season as being the main receiver. 

You can look at the numbers sitting in your chair, you can look at the numbers standing up, you can look at the numbers standing on your head, you can look at the numbers any way you want to but Welker had better numbers last season at this point and has better numbers this season,  again having to share the ball with all those other receivers in Denver.  There are only so many receptions to go around there in Denver and Welker is having another great season. Denvers gain, our loss.  Ouch!  Maybe BB should have kept Welker with Edelman instead of signing Amendola.

You act like having 2 top tier WRs in Denver pulling the coverage away from Wes is a disadvantage for him.  That is just dumb.  At the end of the day Welker has exactly the same number of targets as Edelman so your point about JE being the only guy to throw to is moot. 

In addition it has been pointed out numerous times on this board that Welker was the team's first choice not Amendola.  It was the fault of Welker's agents for overvaluing him that he is not here.  Ask yourself this question.  If NE had offered the exact same deal he took from Denver in the offseason before the start of the FA period do you think he would have taken it?  I don't.  The team wanted to keep him, thought he was going to walk after almost 2 years of not being able to reach a deal and then signed the only other guy they thought was available that could play the position.  Say what you want about Danny A, but if he had such a bad game yesterday how do you classify Welker's inferior yardage numbers on more targets yesterday?  Maybe Wes will still be a better player than Danny next season and beyond (no guarantee), but saying things like "BB should have kept Welker" ignores the reality of what actually transpired during the offseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are slightly different WRs. NE could have both of them on the field. Welker is a pure slot, Edelman is a mid-sized slot WR. 

[/QUOTE]

Having them both on the field would have been the best option. I mean they have Amendola and Edelman on the field at the same time and Amendola was brought in to replace Welker so there is no reason why they couldn't have both at the same time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I thought Brady would be spraying his passes to both Edelman and Amendola to replace Welker's stats. Instead it's been all Edelman .  Jury is still out though whom is better but this discussion would not be happening if it weren't for NE's QB.

I'm just waiting to see how clutch Edelman will be.  Welker though , a pure slot , was pretty healthy and durable as a Pat.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tfb12 and patseng on the watch.

[/QUOTE]

Unlike you, two of our better posters on this board dumbkoff.

[/QUOTE]

No, they aren't.  They're disinegenuous and have been brainwashed by the anti-BB media. Their meltdowns in March over Welkie prove this.

Enjoy being wrong again.

[/QUOTE]

They are both 1,000,000 times more worthwhile here than you Megatool. You blow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I am usually mocked upfront and then 100% spot on, on the back end.

[/QUOTE]

You are mocked because you are an imbecile. And in that the mockers are 100% correct.

Sections
Shortcuts