1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Brown: I'd take Edelman over Welker, Amendola

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Accept the players the Pats have on the team now and, please, do not concern yourself with a player on ANOTHER team.  The offense is clicking now with the players they have and let's enjoy it instead of this continued MMQB stuff like we are seeing.

Another thing everyone is forgeting..  Brady's passing numbers are down overall compared to this time last season.  So, obviously, the receiving numbers of the receivers would also be down.  Secondly, Welker's numbers may be down from where he was last season when with Brady, but, look at the receiver corps he is part of now.  A group of receivers we Pats fans would love to see here.  Welker does not have to be the center of attention over in Denver, does he?  A whole different scenario.

[/QUOTE]

Whoaaaaa there Bill!  Brady's numbers are down BECAUSE of the receivers he was forced to play with over the first half of the season, not the other way around.

Since he has not been forced to use 3-4 rookies and back ups as his primaries, he has been LIGHTS out.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree, this is VERY true and I have made comments to this effect earlier in the season.  But, to then denigrate the results of Edelman and Amendola as inferior to Welker is unjustified.  Welker had his numbers because what was in place last season allowed for it.  This season, it took quite a few games for Brady to feel out what this corps would do and it had its ups and downs, no doubt.

[/QUOTE]

Well said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tfb12 and patseng on the watch.

[/QUOTE]

Unlike you, two of our better posters on this board dumbkoff.

[/QUOTE]

No, they aren't.  They're disinegenuous and have been brainwashed by the anti-BB media. Their meltdowns in March over Welkie prove this.

Enjoy being wrong again.

[/QUOTE]

They are both 1,000,000 times more worthwhile here than you Megatool. You blow.

[/QUOTE]

+10000000000000000000000

Did you happen to see Crusty's game thread contributions last night?

Brady blows, Brady, can't throw, Brady can't throw with all the time in the world, Brady threw a pic, Brady threw a pick in the super bowl,  Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady..........

If it weren't so sick it would be funny.

Someone needs to throw this broken record in the trash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I have no idea why Brown says this, clearly he hasn't looked into the numbers.

After week 13 last season Welker had 80 receptions and 960 receiving yards. 

Currently Welker has 68 receptions and 717 yards and 9td's this season sharing the ball with all those other receivers they have in Denver.  Simply amazing!

Edelman has 70 receptions and 711 yards with 4 tds this season as being the main receiver. 

You can look at the numbers sitting in your chair, you can look at the numbers standing up, you can look at the numbers standing on your head, you can look at the numbers any way you want to but Welker had better numbers last season at this point and has better numbers this season,  again having to share the ball with all those other receivers in Denver.  There are only so many receptions to go around there in Denver and Welker is having another great season. Denvers gain, our loss.  Ouch!  Maybe BB should have kept Welker with Edelman instead of signing Amendola.

[/QUOTE]

You act like having 2 top tier WRs in Denver pulling the coverage away from Wes is a disadvantage for him.  That is just dumb.  At the end of the day Welker has exactly the same number of targets as Edelman so your point about JE being the only guy to throw to is moot. 

In addition it has been pointed out numerous times on this board that Welker was the team's first choice not Amendola.  It was the fault of Welker's agents for overvaluing him that he is not here.  Ask yourself this question.  If NE had offered the exact same deal he took from Denver in the offseason before the start of the FA period do you think he would have taken it?  I don't.  The team wanted to keep him, thought he was going to walk after almost 2 years of not being able to reach a deal and then signed the only other guy they thought was available that could play the position.  Say what you want about Danny A, but if he had such a bad game yesterday how do you classify Welker's inferior yardage numbers on more targets yesterday?  Maybe Wes will still be a better player than Danny next season and beyond (no guarantee), but saying things like "BB should have kept Welker" ignores the reality of what actually transpired during the offseason.

[/QUOTE]

"BB should have kept Welker" ignores the reality of what actually transpired during the offseason.

Some people here have a problem with reality.  

Very good post.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Currently Welker has 68 receptions and 717 yards and 9td's this season sharing the ball with all those other receivers they have in Denver.  Simply amazing!

Edelman has 70 receptions and 711 yards with 4 tds this season as being the main receiver. 

You can look at the numbers sitting in your chair, you can look at the numbers standing up, you can look at the numbers standing on your head, you can look at the numbers any way you want to but Welker had better numbers last season at this point and has better numbers this season,  again having to share the ball with all those other receivers in Denver.  There are only so many receptions to go around there in Denver and Welker is having another great season. Denvers gain, our loss.  Ouch!  Maybe BB should have kept Welker with Edelman instead of signing Amendola.

[/QUOTE]

You act like having 2 top tier WRs in Denver pulling the coverage away from Wes is a disadvantage for him.  That is just dumb.  At the end of the day Welker has exactly the same number of targets as Edelman so your point about JE being the only guy to throw to is moot. 

In addition it has been pointed out numerous times on this board that Welker was the team's first choice not Amendola.  It was the fault of Welker's agents for overvaluing him that he is not here.  Ask yourself this question.  If NE had offered the exact same deal he took from Denver in the offseason before the start of the FA period do you think he would have taken it?  I don't.  The team wanted to keep him, thought he was going to walk after almost 2 years of not being able to reach a deal and then signed the only other guy they thought was available that could play the position.  Say what you want about Danny A, but if he had such a bad game yesterday how do you classify Welker's inferior yardage numbers on more targets yesterday?  Maybe Wes will still be a better player than Danny next season and beyond (no guarantee), but saying things like "BB should have kept Welker" ignores the reality of what actually transpired during the offseason.

[/QUOTE]

Welkers reception and yard numbers this year are slightly off, slightly, over last season.  This season he is he is doing it this year with 3 other guys who are getting huge numbers and last year when he was one of the only guys  Maybe Welker is just plain good.  If not then the numbers would be totally lopsided one way or the other, wouldn't you agree?

If the team wanted to keep him, they would have. It's no secret BB was mad over him not accepting a contract the prior season.  BB has a history of these type of things.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, they aren't.  They're disinegenuous and have been brainwashed by the anti-BB media. Their meltdowns in March over Welkie prove this.

Enjoy being wrong again.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+10000000000000000000000

Brady blows, Brady, can't throw, Brady can't throw with all the time in the world, Brady threw a pic, Brady threw a pick in the super bowl,  Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady..........

[/QUOTE]

As if the board respects Babe and you?   You two could have crap stained Brady underoos on your head and you'd love it.

Brady did blow in the first half yesterday. Gronk bailed him out on the TD, he missed Edelman deep and then missed Gronk on that INT.  No one was behind Gronk!  Just put air under it and let him run under it! Ugh. 

Yes, Brady did blow.  Nice improvement in the second half.

If you BBWs seriously think we can see our offense crap itself for 30 minutes in the postseason and win, you're more dumb than I originally thought. It's why we lose these playoff games.

No one is looking for perfection, but missed ops like that are painful. THe GOAT at any position don't miss golden looks.

The O Line gave him all day, too.

[/QUOTE]

Case in point.  Unfixable, broken record.  Throw it in the trash!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Enjoy being wrong again.

+10000000000000000000000

As if the board respects Babe and you?   You two could have crap stained Brady underoos on your head and you'd love it.

Brady did blow in the first half yesterday. Gronk bailed him out on the TD, he missed Edelman deep and then missed Gronk on that INT.  No one was behind Gronk!  Just put air under it and let him run under it! Ugh. 

Yes, Brady did blow.  Nice improvement in the second half.

If you BBWs seriously think we can see our offense crap itself for 30 minutes in the postseason and win, you're more dumb than I originally thought. It's why we lose these playoff games.

No one is looking for perfection, but missed ops like that are painful. THe GOAT at any position don't miss golden looks.

The O Line gave him all day, too.

[/QUOTE]

Tom has got to continue to improve on his deep touch especially early in games. Tom has serioisly struggled in the first half of many games this year. Hes gota be better prepared to start games. It was obvious yesterday omce again. Older, colder, he needs more time to get goong. Wasted opportunities are killers in the post season. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How about the 58 DB's in the past 5 years?  LMAO@U

Broken record, broken record.  It does not compute.  It does not compute...........

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Welkers reception and yard numbers this year are slightly off, slightly, over last season.  This season he is he is doing it this year with 3 other guys who are getting huge numbers and last year when he was one of the only guys  Maybe Welker is just plain good.  If not then the numbers would be totally lopsided one way or the other, wouldn't you agree?

If the team wanted to keep him, they would have. It's no secret BB was mad over him not accepting a contract the prior season.  BB has a history of these type of things.

[/QUOTE]

He sure does. ANd, I can't think of one player he walked from where he didn't have a good replacement on the flip side, save for Seymour.

Thanks AGAIN TO BB FOR MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE, AS PROVEN, FOR OUR TEAM.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

This season, it took quite a few games for Brady to feel out what this corps would do and it had its ups and downs, no doubt.

[/QUOTE]

I find this statement erroneous and insulting to our HOF QB.

The correct statement would be:

"This season, it took quite a few games for Brady's receivers to get back on the field or gain enough experience to start doing the right things, and it had its ups and downs, no doubt."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Some people here said that Welker is not worth 8 million a year for 3 years which is what he was asking for when the Pats franchised him.  The argument then was that he is a product of Tom Brady's skill and an offensive system.

Many of those people said that Edleman would produce similar numbers if given the opportunity.

My hat is off to those people.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You have been discounting Edelman's production saying he is the only guy that Brady is throwing to while Welker has to share targets with 3 other options.  The fact is that Welker and Edelman have an identical number of targets making this point moot.  That is a fact.  It is a fact that having 2 top tier WRs and a TE drawing coverage away from Wes is an advantage for him.  Wes is a good player, I have never denied that, but you are not giving nearly enough credit to JE for his numbers.

Saying things like "If the team wanted to keep him, they would have" ignores the reality of the salary cap.  I imagine the team wants to keep any of their good players at the right price.  And that has always been the kicker here.  If you think Wes would have resigned with NE for 2/12 before the start of FA you are living in a dream world.  His agents mentioned at one point they were looking for 20 million guaranteed as part of a deal.  That is why he isn't here.  The Patriots thought he was going to walk so they signed their backup plan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

He sure does. ANd, I can't think of one player he walked from where he didn't have a good replacement on the flip side, save for Seymour.

Thanks AGAIN TO BB FOR MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE, AS PROVEN, FOR OUR TEAM.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Some people here said that Welker is not worth 8 million a year for 3 years which is what he was asking for when the Pats franchised him.  The argument then was that he is a product of Tom Brady's skill and an offensive system.

Many of those people said that Edleman would produce similar numbers if given the opportunity.

Thanks, BOSTATE! That TFB12, San Fran Wes lover won't agree, but I sure do think the JE proponents are proven right!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, BOSTATE!

[/QUOTE]

You weren't one of those people, fraud.  You said Amendola would.  I guess you climbed off that wagon, lol!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Why, thank you.  There weren't many. Maybe a handful. I knew it the day Edelman was the best performer on our team during the 2009 Divisionals.

BB knew it, too.  All Edelman needed was a chance and some reps.

Wes Welker was merely the product of a HOF QB in his prime. All he has left now at 32 is whatever Gomer, also a HOF QB, can force his way BEFORE the game is on the line....LOL! TFB12 predicted that BB would NEVER let Wes Choker go! Can you imagine????? 32 and getting older.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why, thank you.  There weren't many. Maybe a handful. I knew it the day Edelman was the best performer on our team during the 2009 Divisionals.

[/QUOTE]

Another fraud. You were claiming Amendola was going to be the guy.  That  he offered so much more and would be a redzone threat.  Both you and RallyC said he would put up numbers better then Welkers previous years numbers.  Nobody said Edelman would put up similar numbers.  What a bunch of frauds.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The facts prove that right now, JE>Wessie Choker

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Wes Welker was merely the product of a HOF QB in his prime. All he has left now at 32 is whatever Gomer, also a HOF QB, can force his way BEFORE the game is on the line....LOL! TFB12 predicted that BB would keep Wes Choker! Can you imagine????? 32 and getting older.....

So what you are admitting to is Welker at 32 is having a better season then a younger Edelman who is playing with the better QB.  Thank you.  Exactly what I have been saying all along. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

That crying you all hear is TFB12 waaaaay out in San Fran burning his pink Wessie Welker jerseys as he now thinks Wessie isn't nearly as cute as he was on 11/23........poor broken heart. To borrow a phrase, TEARS! LOL....

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts