Brown: I'd take Edelman over Welker, Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Brown: I'd take Edelman over Welker, Amendola

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some people here said that Welker is not worth 8 million a year for 3 years which is what he was asking for when the Pats franchised him.  The argument then was that he is a product of Tom Brady's skill and an offensive system.

Many of those people said that Edleman would produce similar numbers if given the opportunity.

My hat is off to those people.

Why, thank you.  There weren't many. Maybe a handful. I knew it the day Edelman was the best performer on our team during the 2009 Divisionals.

BB knew it, too.  All Edelman needed was a chance and some reps.

Another fraud. You were claiming Amendola was going to be the guy.  That  he offered so much more and would be a redzone threat.  Both you and RallyC said he would put up numbers better then Welkers previous years numbers.  Nobody said Edelman would put up similar numbers.  What a bunch of frauds.

I have been a legendary fan of Edelman's here for years. Years. That's not debatable. I have plenty of witnesses on that. I was the one here who was mocked when I went to bat for that guy saying he can do it, give him a chance, etc.

As for Amendola, I never mentioned a word about the red zone. I said he could line up inside and out and get open, which he can. Welker is not a guy who lines up on the outside and produces.

Also, the drop rate was a key element in the Amendola>Welker moving forward debate.

The bottom line fact is this:

7 million for the skills of Edelman/Amendola>>>Welker and his limited skill set at 6 million

You pay 1 mil more, but you GET MORE for the money. That's why Troy is saying what he's saying. I've said this ALL ALONG.

And, I'll tell you right now, Brady Ball Washer Deluxe: If these two are cluth in the postseason, you'll be so mortified, you'll be off this board for good with everyone rejoicing that we've rid ourselves from an ultimate bandwagoner.

You've done this to yourself because the anti-BB media brainwashed you to do so. See, many of us here from Boston, from New England, know enough NOT to take the media bait. We've seen our whole life.

You, from Texas and and onto California, don't have a clue.

[/QUOTE]

You know you know more than both of those two girls when it comes to Mens' sports. Put TFB12 on ignore like I have. NAS is simply his fantasy football cheerleader and is harmless. They have man crushes on Wessie. They know nothing about football. its their chance to be a "part of the boys" here. They were obviously the last picked in any sport as they knew nothing about any, its obvious. Some "guys" just wreak of desperation.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some people here said that Welker is not worth 8 million a year for 3 years which is what he was asking for when the Pats franchised him.  The argument then was that he is a product of Tom Brady's skill and an offensive system.

Many of those people said that Edleman would produce similar numbers if given the opportunity.

My hat is off to those people.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, BOSTATE!

[/QUOTE]

You weren't one of those people, fraud.  You said Amendola would.  I guess you climbed off that wagon, lol!!

[/QUOTE]

Who are you talking to?  BoState?   Nice attitude running around calling smart people frauds simply due to your football knowledge insecurity and embarassment. Pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is talking to me.  I didn't give Edleman that much credit.  I was just hoping Amendola would stay healthy and produce.

Gotta love the Edleman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Tedy Brusch, in his ESPN chat today, said this about Julian Edelman:

"It has to be in his thought process to test free agency. He's playing so well right now, I don't know how he can be in a Patriots uniform next year."

That was Tedy's opinion, but it was an observation from someone who was with the team and knows how the Pats' front office thinks and works. If BB would not see fit to reward and keep someone like Edelman who has proved his value both as a receiver and PR, it will be a crying shame !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

Welkers reception and yard numbers this year are slightly off, slightly, over last season.  This season he is he is doing it this year with 3 other guys who are getting huge numbers and last year when he was one of the only guys  Maybe Welker is just plain good.  If not then the numbers would be totally lopsided one way or the other, wouldn't you agree?

If the team wanted to keep him, they would have. It's no secret BB was mad over him not accepting a contract the prior season.  BB has a history of these type of things.

[/QUOTE]

He sure does. ANd, I can't think of one player he walked from where he didn't have a good replacement on the flip side, save for Seymour.

Thanks AGAIN TO BB FOR MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE, AS PROVEN, FOR OUR TEAM.

[/QUOTE]

He was unable to replace Ty Law or Rodney Harrison, Asante was good but more of a #2 and then they didn't replace him until pretty much Talib. The secondary became pretty bad when those guys left and the Butler, Chung, Sanders, Springs, Wilhite and Wheatley's of the world arrived.

What about Branch and Givens being swapped for Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney?

Randy Moss was nothing after he left here, but Branch was hardly a 6'4" 1200 yard 14 TD deep threat. Haven't had one of those since 2009.

The team had to change from Bill's 3-4 bread and butter because it wasn't just Seymour they didn't replace, but Warren, Vrabel and McGinest. Mayo and Spikes definitely replaced Bruschi and Ted Johnson, but our LB's were not good until about last year and we obviously still have MAJOR D-line issues. 

Sections
Shortcuts