Browns @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: Browns @ Patriots REPORT CARD

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

His report cards never make sense. The Offense and QB were god awful for 3 qtrs while the D was not.

There are 4 qtrs of football. The D outplayed the offene in this game for more of the game. End of story.  They also got screwed royally with 5 horrendous and incorrect calls. It stated in the 1st qtr on the Hightower strip of Little.

Here is my report card:

Offense: D

Defense: B

STs: A

Refs: F

There is the accurate grading scale.

To expect a D to shutout any offense in this league for 4 qtrs while our offense fidgets with their respective nuts all game is ridiculous.

Complementary football. It's how you win consistently.  RIght now, our offense sucks in first halves. Meanwhile, our D has been generally good, minus last week in Houston.

Brady as awful for 3 qtrs and had a 31.7 QB rating in the first half.

Go back and look at the offense in the last 5-6 games in first halves, even with Gronk, and compare it to the second half.

IMO, this started happening with Gronk's return, which almost smells like the gameplans were starting to be around Gronk, which is a binky problem, which is no different than our problems in previous playoffs where teams hone in on where Brady wants to go and they rush 4 and double who they think Brady wants to focus on.

[/QUOTE]

Got to disagree with you this time Russ.  The Defense was Absolutely Horrible for most of the game.  During the first half they couldn't stop the run and during the second half they couldn't stop the pass.  Overall, on third and long the Defense stunk!  Third and 10, third and 12, third and whatever?  No problem.  Pass rush?  Nope?  The offense Stunk for 3 Quarters and that includes Brady.  Coaching was suspect as well.  Blount runs through the line like butter so they bring in Ridley? 

And this criticism is coming from a so-called Homer.  But after saying all of the above, this team is one of the strangest teams I've seen in recent years.  They can stink yet still win.  Even with all of the terrible injuries on this team, I still remain cautiously optimistic   However, it remains to be seen if they can continue to win the way they've been playing.    So let's see what happens one game at a time beginning with Miami.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't stop the run? Were you drunk by chance? They had multiple stone jobs in short yardage and one was overturned with an incorrect spot with no evidence for it to be overturned.

Here are Cleveland's RBs:

McGehee 14 carries, 33 yards.

Ogbonnaya 4 carries, 8 yards.

Whittaker 4 carries, 6 yards.

Did you watch the entire game?

[/QUOTE]

No I wasn't drunk and you don't have to be a wise A  --   Russ.  In the first half Cleveland was able to run the ball.  Then they didn't have to run  because they could pass at will.  The Defense Stunk for most of the game.  But I guess you are right as usual and the other 495,000 people are wrong.   

[/QUOTE]

They could not run at will at all.  I just posted their averages.  I am not being an asss at all. You're sort of lying here.

We allowed 2 FGs and one strip by Hightower was called dead by a very quick whistle, too.

[/QUOTE]

For someone who is alway talking about reading skills this is what I said and you can read it again up further on this thread as well.

"Then they didn't have to run  because they could pass at will."

I think it is extremely difficult for you to have a converstion without calling somebody a moron, a liar, or some other name.  Furthermore you are really ticking me off about your one sided blind hatred of Brady.  In my first post I said that the entire team played poorly during different parts of the game.  But then you have to come in and challenge me with the same old S that you give everybody else.  I put Babe on Ignore because he was negative most of the time and for his anti BB GM retoric . It looks like you are going to the same place because you sound like an irritating broken record on TB.  If it wasn't for Brady we would have won this and if it wasn't for Brady we would have won that.   Well I for one am sick of hearing this S over and over and over and over again.

I was a Patriot fan when our starting QB was Mike Taliaferro (now thats a name we can all remember) and that was probably before you were even packing fudge in your diapers sonny boy.  So you can take your anti Brady agenda and stick it in your ear because I wont be reading it anymore.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but it's hypocritical from you with Brady doing a 31.7 QB rating in the first half and the D allowing 6 points, with you saying "they ran all over our D" AFTER I posted their RBs run totals?

Their best YPC was 3.3.

Can you please reference what rushes devastated our D, please?  

[/QUOTE]

the only one i can think of was a Campbell broken play scramble which doesn't count in my book as a rush.... just bad containment. i've been saying since sunday it was very clear the run D was very good sunday against a struggling run game. good week for the front 7 in that aspect

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but it's hypocritical from you with Brady doing a 31.7 QB rating in the first half and the D allowing 6 points, with you saying "they ran all over our D" AFTER I posted their RBs run totals?

Their best YPC was 3.3.

[/QUOTE]

the only one i can think of was a Campbell broken play scramble which doesn't count in my book as a rush.... just bad containment. i've been saying since sunday it was very clear the run D was very good sunday against a struggling run game. good week for the front 7 in that aspect

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I have no idea what he is even talking about.   

[/QUOTE]

lol he might be a  little tipsy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

His report cards never make sense. The Offense and QB were god awful for 3 qtrs while the D was not.

There are 4 qtrs of football. The D outplayed the offene in this game for more of the game. End of story.  They also got screwed royally with 5 horrendous and incorrect calls. It stated in the 1st qtr on the Hightower strip of Little.

Here is my report card:

To expect a D to shutout any offense in this league for 4 qtrs while our offense fidgets with their respective nuts all game is ridiculous.

Complementary football. It's how you win consistently.  RIght now, our offense sucks in first halves. Meanwhile, our D has been generally good, minus last week in Houston.

Go back and look at the offense in the last 5-6 games in first halves, even with Gronk, and compare it to the second half.

IMO, this started happening with Gronk's return, which almost smells like the gameplans were starting to be around Gronk, which is a binky problem, which is no different than our problems in previous playoffs where teams hone in on where Brady wants to go and they rush 4 and double who they think Brady wants to focus on.

[/QUOTE]

Got to disagree with you this time Russ.  The Defense was Absolutely Horrible for most of the game.  During the first half they couldn't stop the run and during the second half they couldn't stop the pass.  Overall, on third and long the Defense stunk!  Third and 10, third and 12, third and whatever?  No problem.  Pass rush?  Nope?  The offense Stunk for 3 Quarters and that includes Brady.  Coaching was suspect as well.  Blount runs through the line like butter so they bring in Ridley? 

And this criticism is coming from a so-called Homer.  But after saying all of the above, this team is one of the strangest teams I've seen in recent years.  They can stink yet still win.  Even with all of the terrible injuries on this team, I still remain cautiously optimistic   However, it remains to be seen if they can continue to win the way they've been playing.    So let's see what happens one game at a time beginning with Miami.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't stop the run? Were you drunk by chance? They had multiple stone jobs in short yardage and one was overturned with an incorrect spot with no evidence for it to be overturned.

[/QUOTE]

No I wasn't drunk and you don't have to be a wise A  --   Russ.  In the first half Cleveland was able to run the ball.  Then they didn't have to run  because they could pass at will.  The Defense Stunk for most of the game.  But I guess you are right as usual and the other 495,000 people are wrong.   

[/QUOTE]

They could not run at will at all.  I just posted their averages.  I am not being an asss at all. You're sort of lying here.

We allowed 2 FGs and one strip by Hightower was called dead by a very quick whistle, too.

[/QUOTE]

For someone who is alway talking about reading skills this is what I said and you can read it again up further on this thread as well.

"Then they didn't have to run  because they could pass at will."

I think it is extremely difficult for you to have a converstion without calling somebody a moron, a liar, or some other name.  Furthermore you are really ticking me off about your one sided blind hatred of Brady.  In my first post I said that the entire team played poorly during different parts of the game.  But then you have to come in and challenge me with the same old S that you give everybody else.  I put Babe on Ignore because he was negative most of the time and for his anti BB GM retoric . It looks like you are going to the same place because you sound like an irritating broken record on TB.  If it wasn't for Brady we would have won this and if it wasn't for Brady we would have won that.   Well I for one am sick of hearing this S over and over and over and over again.

I was a Patriot fan when our starting QB was Mike Taliaferro (now thats a name we can all remember) and that was probably before you were even packing fudge in your diapers sonny boy.  So you can take your anti Brady agenda and stick it in your ear because I wont be reading it anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Good for you Bro!  I wish I could turn this into a video post. Im sure you would have steam coming from your head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The Browns have the worst rushing attack in the league. Numbers dont tell the story but early they sustained drives with running the ball. McGahee came in averaging 2.8 yards a carrie and is a dinosour in terms of RBs. To me, anything given up to him is bad. Siliga helped but like NC said, they were passing on us. Why run if you can go to Flash and Cam who only had ONE incompletion in SEVENTEEN TARGETS!!!  Thats HORRIBLE PASS DEFENSE

I would rather the rooks go back to the line so teams want to run cuz right now our secondary looks Chitty again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

Their best YPC was 3.3.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I have no idea what he is even talking about.   

[/QUOTE]

lol he might be a  little tipsy

[/QUOTE]

You know what Joe?  I'll admit to overstating the lack of run defense on Sundays Game but not the Pass defense.  I probably mixed in the Texans Game and all of the terribly bad starts all together.  What gets my A is if he had just thrown out the stats, I would have admitted my overstatement and that would have been it.  But it's the total lack of respect that some people have on this board for people who might say something in error that gets my A.   Why is it necessary to make a childish reply and call the person a moron, troll, liar, drunk or whatever?

This isn't grammar school for c sake.  We are supposed to be adults here and not children who turn almost every single thread into a Pi...........ing contest.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

N.C., you stated:  "I was a Patriot fan when our starting QB was Mike Taliaferro (now thats a name we can all remember) and that was probably before you were even packing fudge in your diapers sonny boy.  So you can take your anti Brady agenda and stick it in your ear because I wont be reading it anymore."

Just put Rusty on ignore. It's amazing how many threads he destroys with his dogmatic,  personal insult laced babble. As for Taliaferro, I believe that he pronounced his name "Toliver". Do you believe it? LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

What gets my A is if he had just thrown out the stats, I would have admitted my overstatement and that would have been it.  But it's the total lack of respect that some people have on this board for people who might say something in error that gets my A.   Why is it necessary to make a childish reply and call the person a moron, troll, liar, drunk or whatever?

This isn't grammar school for c sake.  We are supposed to be adults here and not children who turn almost every single thread into a Pi...........ing contest.  

[/QUOTE]

Best thing I ever did was put Rusty & Babe on ignore.....along with most of the Jets trolls, and a few other chronic whiners. Just do it, trust me, it makes this place so much better. No need to put up with the immature attempts at getting the attention they never got as children.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Usually I agree with all of your grades, but a C for the offensive line is a bit generous. 

Given the extreme pressure stats throughout the game, they really negatively impacted all of the other offensive phases. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

N.C., you stated:  "I was a Patriot fan when our starting QB was Mike Taliaferro (now thats a name we can all remember) and that was probably before you were even packing fudge in your diapers sonny boy.  So you can take your anti Brady agenda and stick it in your ear because I wont be reading it anymore."

Just put Rusty on ignore. It's amazing how many threads he destroys with his dogmatic,  personal insult laced babble. As for Taliaferro, I believe that he pronounced his name "Toliver". Do you believe it? LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I remember that.  One of my friends back in the day who happened to be Italian would shake his head and say "how in the H do you get "Toliver" out of Taliaferro?  LOL

As far as Rusty goes, I guess he has to go.  I pushed my patience level as far as I could because he was a fellow NC Transplant.  But enough is enough.

Also want to say that I appreciate the job you do on your Report Cards.  I imagine it can take quite a bit of time to gather the data and then put it together in a clear, concise format the way that you do.

Thanks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Dont underestimate the Browns next year, if they get another good Draft. Lombardi is building a Nice team there. That Defense is no slouch, bet they give a lot of Offensive Lines fits.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What gets my A is if he had just thrown out the stats, I would have admitted my overstatement and that would have been it.  But it's the total lack of respect that some people have on this board for people who might say something in error that gets my A.   Why is it necessary to make a childish reply and call the person a moron, troll, liar, drunk or whatever?

[/QUOTE]

Best thing I ever did was put Rusty & Babe on ignore.....along with most of the Jets trolls, and a few other chronic whiners. Just do it, trust me, it makes this place so much better. No need to put up with the immature attempts at getting the attention they never got as children.

[/QUOTE]

It is done Tanbass.    Or as they said in the movie "The Goodfellas" after whacking Tommy while he thought he was being made,  "and that was that".   LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Usually I agree with all of your grades, but a C for the offensive line is a bit generous. 

Given the extreme pressure stats throughout the game, they really negatively impacted all of the other offensive phases. 

Agreed...but I gave the OL a "C" minus, not a "C". The "C-" is a bit hard to see. The only reason that the OL got that high of a grade is due to the way that they protected Brady on the two TD drives, in 61 seconds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is my report card:

[/QUOTE]

It's all so confusing.  Sometimes you only want to count the first half, sometimes, it's the second half.  Campbell had a rating of 116 for the game.  Sorry, I don't have the irrelevant half breakdown, but I know he threw for 3 TDs and no picks.  Isn't he like a third string QB playing against "arguably the best defense in the AFC"?

[/QUOTE]

No, it's not confusing. I want our offense to not look like a Pop Warner team in first halves, so our D isn't on the field so much.

When your D is on the field a lot with no help from the offense, ya know, it kinda takes its toll on those humans in the second half.  This isn't hard, moron.

Throw in the refs helping Cleveland keep the ball or gifting them TDs outright with Off PI or making up PI on Talib with feet intanglement plays, and you cannot discount these factors as to how Campbell got more chances to keep drives going.

Either Texas Pat and his band of idiots watched this game or you didn't. Looking at a statline whe it's all said and done means you're a moron.

It's the whys and hows that matter, not just the data.

Jerome Booger's crew was atrocious and 4 horrendous calls affected our D directly. End of story.

[/QUOTE]

I know, right.  The refs threw like twice as many flags on the Pats than on the Browns.  Ridiculous!  What?  More flags on Cleveland?  Oh, nevermind.

So, when Cleveland opened up the game with a 6 minute, 50 yard scoring drive, that was because of Brady and the offense?  And the reason why the Pats gave up 21 second half points including a 73 yard TD drive on Cleveland first possession in the 3rd qtr was because the Pats D was on the field for 18 minutes in the first half?  Sounds like a bit of a conditioning/sucking issue.

[/QUOTE]

It's a team sport.  Each side relies on the other.  When the defense prevents a team from scoring it is then up to the offense to put points on the board.  The more points the offense can provide, the more one dimensional the opposing teams offense is likely to become, thereby making it more predictable and, presumably, easier to defend.

[/QUOTE]

How about when the offense scores late in the game to get within a TD, is it the D's job not to give up a 90 yard TD drive?  Brady's fault right?  How about when the offense scores 2 more times and gives the D a lead with 30 seconds and 80 yards to go, is it the D's job not to give up 40 yards in less than 30 seconds only to be bailed out by a missed kick?  Idiot.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're testy, aren't you?  You might want to try a sedative or a walk outside.  Anyway, you're absolutely correct.  In that third quarter, particularly, the defense did not get it done.  That was their bad quarter.  I have no argument there.  They gave up 14 points. 

What's interesting is, that was the same time that the offense started to finally kick it into gear.  Notice what happened in the fourth quarter?  With the offense putting some points on the board, it allowed the defense the opportunity to regroup and slow the bleeding down enough to allow the offense to catch up. 

As much as you want to dump all of the responsibility on the defense for not stopping the Browns' offense after the Patriots' offense finally did score...where's the indignation for the Patriots' offense for not scoring when the defense held the Browns to a total of 6 points in the first half?  You see, it's a team effort.  That's the point I was trying to make before.  Neither side has the means to get it done alone. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The offense turned it over 3 times. Any offense that turns it over 3 times in a game is an almost sure lock to lose.

I don't care what happens at the end of a game with tired humans. I care what happens earlier in the game over and over and over with our putrid 45 second drives or turnovers helping the opponent, who plays loose and carefree, gaing confidence as the game goes.

That's what I care about over 60 minutes of action.

Keep it up, morons. We lost 2 SBs with why we almost lost to the Bruins. 8 carries total for a lead back in a 3-0 or 6-0 game is a joke.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, 60 minutes of action... you mean like in the 2001 SB when the Pats scored 14 points in the second qtr and 6 in the rest of the game?  

[/QUOTE]

Guess what, that defense struggled at the end of the game, just like the defense did in the last two Super Bowls that ended in losses.  That's right, it gave up the lead, when it mattered the most.  That's what I find so funny about people complaining about the Patriots' more recent defenses.  The fact is, they all have given up points late. 

The biggest difference, when you look at the Super Bowls, particularly, has been the performance of the offense.  And no, I'm not putting it all at TB's feet.  If that had been Troy Brown trying to make the catch that WW missed...I bet he makes that catch.  I think the biggest difference has been the lack of one or two clutch players who could get it done when it counted the most.  Who knows...with the addition of so many new players, maybe that new clutch player is on the team now.  I guess we will be finding out in about a month.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It may be impossible to grade this team except for ST which is always wow

Byput the dr j and mr h of both O and D

based on points the D gets an A in the first half 6 pts the O a D----why not an F, they didnt do so bad ithat they absolutely screwed the D

based on points In the second Half The D-gets a D- 20 pts and the O gets an A+pts 27pts

So the D gets a c+ and the O gets a c+ 27-26 are middling point performanc

If the O didn't get both the last 2 tds they would get an F-

If the D had allowed the winning fg they would get an F

You have to go with what actually happened and what was actually called

results matter you have to take into account a win or a loss

TexPat I agree with some that you were a little hard  on the D and too  good on the O 

btw vereen has more than taken over for Hern.

[/QUOTE]

+1

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is my report card:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, I have to agree with Rusty here.  I was actually rewatching some of the game this morning so I have it fresh in my mind.  The defense did actually do a nice job against the run in the first half.  If they had been successful, it would have made no sense for them to give up on it.  If they were running well then they could have scored and used up more of the clock.  It appeared that they stopped because it wasn't working.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is my report card:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, I have to agree with Rusty here.  I was actually rewatching some of the game this morning so I have it fresh in my mind.  The defense did actually do a nice job against the run in the first half.  If they had been successful, it would have made no sense for them to give up on it.  If they were running well then they could have scored and used up more of the clock.  It appeared that they stopped because it wasn't working.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, games are 60 minutes, coaches make adjustments, the Browns blow and McGahee was averaging 2.7 yards per run on the season.  Bragging about not getting bludgeoned until the second half is just plain sad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is done Tanbass.    Or as they said in the movie "The Goodfellas" after whacking Tommy while he thought he was being made,  "and that was that".   LOL

[/QUOTE]

They breed the trolls, not me. I am as honest and genuine as a person as you'll find.

[/QUOTE]

I nail you every single day lying. LMAO@U

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

It may be impossible to grade this team except for ST which is always wow

Byput the dr j and mr h of both O and D

based on points the D gets an A in the first half 6 pts the O a D----why not an F, they didnt do so bad ithat they absolutely screwed the D

based on points In the second Half The D-gets a D- 20 pts and the O gets an A+pts 27pts

So the D gets a c+ and the O gets a c+ 27-26 are middling point performanc

If the O didn't get both the last 2 tds they would get an F-

If the D had allowed the winning fg they would get an F

You have to go with what actually happened and what was actually called

results matter you have to take into account a win or a loss

TexPat I agree with some that you were a little hard  on the D and too  good on the O 

btw vereen has more than taken over for Hern.

+1

Seawolf is not taking into consideration the quality of the opposition. Cleveland was a 4-8, offensively challenged team, coming into Foxboro. Their offense has no running attack, and their QB, Jason Campbell,  is journeyman...though a good back-up QB. It was well known coming into this game that the prime job of the BB  "D" was to take out, or at least limit, Cleveland WR Gordon from the equation. This they could not, and did not do. The "D", despite knowing that Cleveland had no running game as was going to pass frequently, put absolutely no pressure on Campbell.

On the other hand, Cleveland has a tough defense. The fact that Tom Brady, despite less than adequate pass protection and no Gronk for the second half, was able to pass for over 400 yards against them in the cold was quite an achievement.

Finally, ask yourself this. What if the Pats did not recover that on-side kick? Would we even be remotely discussing "C+" averaged grades for both the offense and defense, then?? The fact that the Patriots won this game raised every unit grade at least a half of a letter grade. In other words, had the Pats not recovered that on-side kick and lost, my grades would likely have been:

1.) QB "B-"

2.) RBs: "B"

3.) OL "D"

4.) TEs & WRs: "D+"

5.) DL: "D-"

6.) LBs: "F"

7.) SECONDARY: "F"   

8.) SPECIAL TEAMS: "B"

9.) COACHING: "D+"

Sections
Shortcuts