Browns @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: Browns @ Patriots REPORT CARD

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What gets my A is if he had just thrown out the stats, I would have admitted my overstatement and that would have been it.  But it's the total lack of respect that some people have on this board for people who might say something in error that gets my A.   Why is it necessary to make a childish reply and call the person a moron, troll, liar, drunk or whatever?

This isn't grammar school for c sake.  We are supposed to be adults here and not children who turn almost every single thread into a Pi...........ing contest.  

[/QUOTE]

Best thing I ever did was put Rusty & Babe on ignore.....along with most of the Jets trolls, and a few other chronic whiners. Just do it, trust me, it makes this place so much better. No need to put up with the immature attempts at getting the attention they never got as children.

[/QUOTE]

It is done Tanbass.    Or as they said in the movie "The Goodfellas" after whacking Tommy while he thought he was being made,  "and that was that".   LOL

[/QUOTE]

Big mistake agreeing with that biggot. You should align with the real fans here, not trolls or the ones who don't stand up to the trolls like Tanbass.

They breed the trolls, not me. I am as honest and genuine as a person as you'll find.

It's not my fault you said "They ran all over our D in the first half" and then I posted the Browns RB numbers which prove your premise 100% false.

Everyone is wrong from time to time. To lash out in embarrassment just shows you as a sore loser.

[/QUOTE]

I knew you would give me at least one more shot.   I wanted to read it before I actually do put you on Ignore.  What you don't and will NEVER understand Numb Nts is that it's not that you picked up on an error that I made and put out some stats in an attempt to prove me wrong.   It's the way that you did it.   Talk about lashing out?  You lash out almost every time you post and do it in a very nasty way in an attempt to build yourself up by putting somebody else down.  This must be some kind of character defect that you have in which you try to make yourelf feel important by slamming others in nano space.

I am a fan of both BB and TB.  You are a narcissistic fan of yourself.  In closing you can GFY.

Good bye.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

His report cards never make sense. The Offense and QB were god awful for 3 qtrs while the D was not.

There are 4 qtrs of football. The D outplayed the offene in this game for more of the game. End of story.  They also got screwed royally with 5 horrendous and incorrect calls. It stated in the 1st qtr on the Hightower strip of Little.

Here is my report card:

Offense: D

Defense: B

STs: A

Refs: F

There is the accurate grading scale.

To expect a D to shutout any offense in this league for 4 qtrs while our offense fidgets with their respective nuts all game is ridiculous.

Complementary football. It's how you win consistently.  RIght now, our offense sucks in first halves. Meanwhile, our D has been generally good, minus last week in Houston.

Brady as awful for 3 qtrs and had a 31.7 QB rating in the first half.

Go back and look at the offense in the last 5-6 games in first halves, even with Gronk, and compare it to the second half.

IMO, this started happening with Gronk's return, which almost smells like the gameplans were starting to be around Gronk, which is a binky problem, which is no different than our problems in previous playoffs where teams hone in on where Brady wants to go and they rush 4 and double who they think Brady wants to focus on.

[/QUOTE]

Got to disagree with you this time Russ.  The Defense was Absolutely Horrible for most of the game.  During the first half they couldn't stop the run and during the second half they couldn't stop the pass.  Overall, on third and long the Defense stunk!  Third and 10, third and 12, third and whatever?  No problem.  Pass rush?  Nope?  The offense Stunk for 3 Quarters and that includes Brady.  Coaching was suspect as well.  Blount runs through the line like butter so they bring in Ridley? 

And this criticism is coming from a so-called Homer.  But after saying all of the above, this team is one of the strangest teams I've seen in recent years.  They can stink yet still win.  Even with all of the terrible injuries on this team, I still remain cautiously optimistic   However, it remains to be seen if they can continue to win the way they've been playing.    So let's see what happens one game at a time beginning with Miami.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't stop the run? Were you drunk by chance? They had multiple stone jobs in short yardage and one was overturned with an incorrect spot with no evidence for it to be overturned.

Here are Cleveland's RBs:

McGehee 14 carries, 33 yards.

Ogbonnaya 4 carries, 8 yards.

Whittaker 4 carries, 6 yards.

Did you watch the entire game?

[/QUOTE]

No I wasn't drunk and you don't have to be a wise A  --   Russ.  In the first half Cleveland was able to run the ball.  Then they didn't have to run  because they could pass at will.  The Defense Stunk for most of the game.  But I guess you are right as usual and the other 495,000 people are wrong.   

[/QUOTE]

No, I have to agree with Rusty here.  I was actually rewatching some of the game this morning so I have it fresh in my mind.  The defense did actually do a nice job against the run in the first half.  If they had been successful, it would have made no sense for them to give up on it.  If they were running well then they could have scored and used up more of the clock.  It appeared that they stopped because it wasn't working.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, games are 60 minutes, coaches make adjustments, the Browns blow and McGahee was averaging 2.7 yards per run on the season.  Bragging about not getting bludgeoned until the second half is just plain sad.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I hear what you are saying.  But, by your own reasoning then, it is equally sad to be gloating about how the offense finally got its act together for a little more than 15 minutes of game time.  Like you said, "games are 60 minutes." For me, both sides need to continue to find ways to improve.  This is a major task this year, as there have been so many injuries on both sides of the ball.  The good news in this game is that the offense and the defense both did just enough to get it done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What gets my A is if he had just thrown out the stats, I would have admitted my overstatement and that would have been it.  But it's the total lack of respect that some people have on this board for people who might say something in error that gets my A.   Why is it necessary to make a childish reply and call the person a moron, troll, liar, drunk or whatever?

This isn't grammar school for c sake.  We are supposed to be adults here and not children who turn almost every single thread into a Pi...........ing contest.  

Best thing I ever did was put Rusty & Babe on ignore.....along with most of the Jets trolls, and a few other chronic whiners. Just do it, trust me, it makes this place so much better. No need to put up with the immature attempts at getting the attention they never got as children.

[/QUOTE]

It is done Tanbass.    Or as they said in the movie "The Goodfellas" after whacking Tommy while he thought he was being made,  "and that was that".   LOL

[/QUOTE]

Big mistake agreeing with that biggot. You should align with the real fans here, not trolls or the ones who don't stand up to the trolls like Tanbass.

They breed the trolls, not me. I am as honest and genuine as a person as you'll find.

It's not my fault you said "They ran all over our D in the first half" and then I posted the Browns RB numbers which prove your premise 100% false.

Everyone is wrong from time to time. To lash out in embarrassment just shows you as a sore loser.

[/QUOTE]

In closing you can GFY.

[/QUOTE]

No need, his "older gent" from the bar takes care of that for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Nice to see Rusty getting along and making new friends....lol

What a sap!  5 years ago I called this guy the biggest fraud on the board. Up until this year he still had a bunch of blind followers that always came to his aid(fake accounts?) Idk, but the jig is up. Only guy thats gonna show for his next intervention is glen r.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Here's the thing, games are 60 minutes, coaches make adjustments, the Browns blow and McGahee was averaging 2.7 yards per run on the season.  Bragging about not getting bludgeoned until the second half is just plain sad.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I hear what you are saying.  But, by your own reasoning then, it is equally sad to be gloating about how the offense finally got its act together for a little more than 15 minutes of game time.  Like you said, "games are 60 minutes." For me, both sides need to continue to find ways to improve.  This is a major task this year, as there have been so many injuries on both sides of the ball.  The good news in this game is that the offense and the defense both did just enough to get it done.

[/QUOTE]

why it so hard to accept that some defenses are good and ours is not? Cleveland is 5th ranked in Run and Pass and has some good players.They hadnt allowed a 300 yard passer all game and Brady put up over 400. He has been doing this all year.  Haden is a shutdown CB. You guys sound un informed when you expect Brady to always be perfect against the top defenses and dont mention these bum QBs beating up our defense like a drum. Its been the same story since the SBs. We lose the game because a Bum QB like Eli Manning can have a field day on our D, NEVER bringing pressure and Brady is back there facing a ferocious 4 man rush thats ON him in 2 seconds with 7 guys back covering. Cmon guys. This is getting old. Learn the Game(in my Babe Voice)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In fairness to Tex I did not read every word of the report card.

... but a quick question came up almost immediately.

He mentions the offense as "Absolutely pathetic, until the final quarter of play.". 

Then mentions the defense as "unit was the reverse of the offense. The "D" was outstanding in the first half, as it held the Browns to just six (6) points...keeping the Pats in the game. But, in the second half, the "D" made Jason Campbell appear to be the second coming of John Elway."

...but when i look at the grades I see, B's and C's for offensive areas and D's for defensive areas.

Just on basic logic how does that work or how does one come to those conclusions?

One unit plays well for a whole half and receives D's and then the other unit plays well for part of a quarter and receives B's and C's??

I will never understand this logic among fans.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

His report cards never make sense. The Offense and QB were god awful for 3 qtrs while the D was not.

There are 4 qtrs of football. The D outplayed the offene in this game for more of the game. End of story.  They also got screwed royally with 5 horrendous and incorrect calls. It stated in the 1st qtr on the Hightower strip of Little.

Here is my report card:

Offense: D

Defense: B

STs: A

Refs: F

There is the accurate grading scale.

To expect a D to shutout any offense in this league for 4 qtrs while our offense fidgets with their respective nuts all game is ridiculous.

Complementary football. It's how you win consistently.  RIght now, our offense sucks in first halves. Meanwhile, our D has been generally good, minus last week in Houston.

Brady as awful for 3 qtrs and had a 31.7 QB rating in the first half.

Go back and look at the offense in the last 5-6 games in first halves, even with Gronk, and compare it to the second half.

IMO, this started happening with Gronk's return, which almost smells like the gameplans were starting to be around Gronk, which is a binky problem, which is no different than our problems in previous playoffs where teams hone in on where Brady wants to go and they rush 4 and double who they think Brady wants to focus on.

[/QUOTE]

Got to disagree with you this time Russ.  The Defense was Absolutely Horrible for most of the game.  During the first half they couldn't stop the run and during the second half they couldn't stop the pass.  Overall, on third and long the Defense stunk!  Third and 10, third and 12, third and whatever?  No problem.  Pass rush?  Nope?  The offense Stunk for 3 Quarters and that includes Brady.  Coaching was suspect as well.  Blount runs through the line like butter so they bring in Ridley? 

And this criticism is coming from a so-called Homer.  But after saying all of the above, this team is one of the strangest teams I've seen in recent years.  They can stink yet still win.  Even with all of the terrible injuries on this team, I still remain cautiously optimistic   However, it remains to be seen if they can continue to win the way they've been playing.    So let's see what happens one game at a time beginning with Miami.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't stop the run? Were you drunk by chance? They had multiple stone jobs in short yardage and one was overturned with an incorrect spot with no evidence for it to be overturned.

Here are Cleveland's RBs:

McGehee 14 carries, 33 yards.

Ogbonnaya 4 carries, 8 yards.

Whittaker 4 carries, 6 yards.

Did you watch the entire game?

[/QUOTE]

No I wasn't drunk and you don't have to be a wise A  --   Russ.  In the first half Cleveland was able to run the ball.  Then they didn't have to run  because they could pass at will.  The Defense Stunk for most of the game.  But I guess you are right as usual and the other 495,000 people are wrong.   

[/QUOTE]

No, I have to agree with Rusty here.  I was actually rewatching some of the game this morning so I have it fresh in my mind.  The defense did actually do a nice job against the run in the first half.  If they had been successful, it would have made no sense for them to give up on it.  If they were running well then they could have scored and used up more of the clock.  It appeared that they stopped because it wasn't working.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why it so hard to accept that some defenses are good and ours is not? Cleveland is 5th ranked in Run and Pass and has some good players.They hadnt allowed a 300 yard passer all game and Brady put up over 400. He has been doing this all year.  Haden is a shutdown CB. You guys sound un informed when you expect Brady to always be perfect against the top defenses and dont mention these bum QBs beating up our defense like a drum. Its been the same story since the SBs. We lose the game because a Bum QB like Eli Manning can have a field day on our D, NEVER bringing pressure and Brady is back there facing a ferocious 4 man rush thats ON him in 2 seconds with 7 guys back covering. Cmon guys. This is getting old. Learn the Game(in my Babe Voice)

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see our offense up against the better defenses this year.  To me, that has been one of the big issues in some recent past years.  The offense would beat up on lesser defenses during the regular season, only to fade against the stronger defenses in the playoffs.  I'm hopeful that this experience will have them better prepared for the playoffs this year.  By the way, issues with the offense are not all about TB.  Yes, he had a few poor throws, but there were also a few drops and some issues with the offensive line.

As for the defense, I'm not sure I understand so many people's need to bash them.  Considering the injuries that have occurred this season, I think they are doing some remarkable things.  It's true, the offense did put up just enough points for the win.  On the other hand, the defense held the Browns back just enough for the win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He mentions the offense as "Absolutely pathetic, until the final quarter of play.". 

Then mentions the defense as "unit was the reverse of the offense. The "D" was outstanding in the first half, as it held the Browns to just six (6) points...keeping the Pats in the game. But, in the second half, the "D" made Jason Campbell appear to be the second coming of John Elway."

...but when i look at the grades I see, B's and C's for offensive areas and D's for defensive areas.

Just on basic logic how does that work or how does one come to those conclusions?

One unit plays well for a whole half and receives D's and then the other unit plays well for part of a quarter and receives B's and C's??

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You know, the Pats WON the game..  A++++  all around!!  Now, we have a week to grow new fingernails and let's see them win in Miami!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

RESPONSE: Evidently, you missed this post:

Seawolf is not taking into consideration the quality of the opposition. Cleveland was a 4-8, offensively challenged team, coming into Foxboro. Their offense has no running attack, and their QB, Jason Campbell,  is journeyman...though a good back-up QB. It was well known coming into this game that the prime job of the BB  "D" was to take out, or at least limit, Cleveland WR Gordon from the equation. This they could not, and did not do. The "D", despite knowing that Cleveland had no running game as was going to pass frequently, put absolutely no pressure on Campbell.

On the other hand, Cleveland has a tough defense. The fact that Tom Brady, despite less than adequate pass protection and no Gronk for the second half, was able to pass for over 400 yards against them in the cold was quite an achievement.

Finally, ask yourself this. What if the Pats did not recover that on-side kick? Would we even be remotely discussing "C+" averaged grades for both the offense and defense, then?? The fact that the Patriots won this game raised every unit grade at least a half of a letter grade. In other words, had the Pats not recovered that on-side kick and lost, my grades would likely have been:

1.) QB "B-"

2.) RBs: "B"

3.) OL "D"

4.) TEs & WRs: "D+"

5.) DL: "D-"

6.) LBs: "F"

7.) SECONDARY: "F"   

8.) SPECIAL TEAMS: "B"

9.) COACHING: "D+"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

At the beginning of the year, our D was arguably THE BEST in the AFC. No doubt. Talib was DPOY of the year out of the gate. No doubt.  He was incredible and the D was playing at a high level.

Obviously, the D has sustained major losses with WIlfork Mayo and then Kelly get it. But, for you to say "our D is not good" is basically a lie and a crappy opinion.

Here is the dead giveaway:

In the games our D allowed more than 20 points, we were either in an OT, or our offense spent the entire first half sucking beyond belief.

The lone exception was the Saints game, the game we lost Mayo.  So, to be running around here bragging about where a D is ranked and saying where ours is pointless.

Pittsburgh came into Foxborough ranked in the top 5.

Baltimore just gave up 28 to Matt Cassel in a blizzard.  Why? Flacco threw 3 INTs. When we turned it over vs Denver 3 times in the first half, are you really putting the points minus the returned TD on our D?

Please tell me you aren't.

Ugh. The disingenous analysis is so brutal. Learn the game.  If Brady doesn't turn it over twice in a game and our D allows 20+ points, then you can have your premise. Until then, you're being completely disingenous.

Our D shouldn't have to clean up Brady miscues every frigggin' week. It's annoying.

[/QUOTE]

Campbell came off the bench and had a field day throwing on McCourty( the best Safety in the afc) and Gregory and Talib. All guys who are starters on Defense. The lack of pressure that allowed Campbell to look like Randal Cunningham has always been a problem going back to 2005 bro, dont know what you been watching. So I get your point and I have tempered my expectation in the run game and all that but you see Nink is still here, CJ is still here, Buchanan, etc. ALL our pass rushers and we gave the guy all day to throw.

In your next rebuttal please stay on topic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'll never understand the coaching grade.  A lot of this masked by the lack of execution by the players.  Does one think that the Pats coaching staff just woke up for the last couple of minutes of the game?  

My thoughts would be the coaching to be pretty good considering what this team has been through.  The Pats just haven't suffered losses, they suffered losing the top names of the offense and defense.  This thing is put together with band-aids.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll never understand the coaching grade.  A lot of this masked by the lack of execution by the players.  Does one think that the Pats coaching staff just woke up for the last couple of minutes of the game?  

My thoughts would be the coaching to be pretty good considering what this team has been through.  The Pats just haven't suffered losses, they suffered losing the top names of the offense and defense.  This thing is put together with band-aids.    

[/QUOTE]

Gary, four the 4th straight game, the Patriots have come out flat in the first half. They've been outscored 57-10 in the first half over these games. Some of the blame for that must go to BB and the coaching staff. You would think that after three straight games in which the team had started flat, BB would have made an issue of it during team practices, in preparation for Cleveland. Yet, the team came out flat again.

I also had issues with the coaching staff regarding their defensive game plan. The Browns have virtually no running game...so...one would think that the game plan would have been focused on shutting down WR Josh Gordon. Also...pretty much all season, the Patriots' "D" has been hurt by the opposition's TEs...as was the case last Sunday with Jordan Cameron (9 catches for 121 yards) and Gary Barnage (40 yard TD catch and run). I would say that the defensive coaches were outcoached by the Browns' OC.

On offense, the Pats did NOTHING, pretty much until late in the 3rd quarter. Is this simply a matter of players' not executing, or of Josh McDaniels calling a bad game...or a combination of the two?

I gave BB credit for realizing that the flaw on the Cleveland "hands team" for that onside kick lay in the center of the field...and that Stephen Ghostkowski executed the kick to near perfection. Does all the credit for that all go to The Ghost, to BB...or a combination of the two?

I gave the coaching staff a "B-". But for that successfull onside kick, the grade would have been much lower...for the above described reasons.       

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

One last thing, for any of you who are giving the Pats a pass for their poor performance Sunday, by citing that, "The Browns are an up and coming team"...over their past three games before nearly beating the Patriots, the Brown were crushed by the Bengals in Cincinnati, 41-20, lost to the Steelers at home, 27-11, and got beat by the Jacksoonville Jaguars, 32-28, in Cleveland.

How "up and coming" is any team that loses to the Jacksonville Jaguars, particularly at home?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

It may be impossible to grade this team except for ST which is always wow

Byput the dr j and mr h of both O and D

based on points the D gets an A in the first half 6 pts the O a D----why not an F, they didnt do so bad ithat they absolutely screwed the D

based on points In the second Half The D-gets a D- 20 pts and the O gets an A+pts 27pts

So the D gets a c+ and the O gets a c+ 27-26 are middling point performanc

If the O didn't get both the last 2 tds they would get an F-

If the D had allowed the winning fg they would get an F

You have to go with what actually happened and what was actually called

results matter you have to take into account a win or a loss

TexPat I agree with some that you were a little hard  on the D and too  good on the O 

btw vereen has more than taken over for Hern.

+1

Seawolf is not taking into consideration the quality of the opposition. Cleveland was a 4-8, offensively challenged team, coming into Foxboro. Their offense has no running attack, and their QB, Jason Campbell,  is journeyman...though a good back-up QB. It was well known coming into this game that the prime job of the BB  "D" was to take out, or at least limit, Cleveland WR Gordon from the equation. This they could not, and did not do. The "D", despite knowing that Cleveland had no running game as was going to pass frequently, put absolutely no pressure on Campbell.

On the other hand, Cleveland has a tough defense. The fact that Tom Brady, despite less than adequate pass protection and no Gronk for the second half, was able to pass for over 400 yards against them in the cold was quite an achievement.

Finally, ask yourself this. What if the Pats did not recover that on-side kick? Would we even be remotely discussing "C+" averaged grades for both the offense and defense, then?? The fact that the Patriots won this game raised every unit grade at least a half of a letter grade. In other words, had the Pats not recovered that on-side kick and lost, my grades would likely have been:

1.) QB "B-"

2.) RBs: "B"

3.) OL "D"

4.) TEs & WRs: "D+"

5.) DL: "D-"

6.) LBs: "F"

7.) SECONDARY: "F"   

8.) SPECIAL TEAMS: "B"

9.) COACHING: "D+"

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much agree with your assessment. If the Browns had not squadered all their time outs or had 10-15 seconds left on the clock, the outcome might have gone in their favor because it just didn't look as though the defense could stop anyone. Just what we saw in the 2 SB losses after TB had given us the lead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One last thing, for any of you who are giving the Pats a pass for their poor performance Sunday, by citing that, "The Browns are an up and coming team"...over their past three games before nearly beating the Patriots, the Brown were crushed by the Bengals in Cincinnati, 41-20, lost to the Steelers at home, 27-11, and got beat by the Jacksoonville Jaguars, 32-28, in Cleveland.

How "up and coming" is any team that loses to the Jacksonville Jaguars, particularly at home?

[/QUOTE]

and j-vill beat up on houston who took us to the wire. Alls I know is there D is legit(5th rank vs Pass and Run) and they were playing with a new qb. I dont think you can compare like that. There are diff. matchups and most teams dont like to give up yards like we do. You know better than that man. Its any given sunday and who is to say they dont get UP more for the games than others? In fact they DO. Ive watched the last 5 years as scrub teams have come in made this game their SB. You know that. Pats are still the gold standard of winning despite no lombardis in a while and teams want to play their best to see how they stack up. Campbell even said it after the game. Dont worry about posters. We all arent gonna agree but that doesnt mean you change the dynamics. Every game is a seperate test and any team can lose to anyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 - A spot on observation. 

Considering the team works on the game plan the week leading up to the game, therefore, by game time, there shouldn't be any mystery as to how they will play that day's opponent. 

I have opined that player lack of execution is a significant reason for this team's slow start and not necessarily play calling.  True, adjustments should be made when game plans aren't working, and that is on both coaches and the players.  But, when all is said and done, a play is called with the expectation the team can execute and is based on what they believe are the tendancies of the defense they are facing.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 - A spot on observation. 

Considering the team works on the game plan the week leading up to the game, therefore, by game time, there shouldn't be any mystery as to how they will play that day's opponent. 

I have opined that player lack of execution is a significant reason for this team's slow start and not necessarily play calling.  True, adjustments should be made when game plans aren't working, and that is on both coaches and the players.  But, when all is said and done, a play is called with the expectation the team can execute and is based on what they believe are the tendancies of the defense they are facing.   

[/QUOTE]

just to add to this. you also dont know how its gonna look until you play. You take the info on film and try to attack as best you can. Case in point, we looked helpless vs Cam Newton and next week Miami had him running scared because they had the personell to do that. We had someone named Collins who I thought could help but they opted for Hightower who had a bad game and was directly responsible for a score and a few long plays. So that is coaching but I feel the biggest thing is how you start. Early on we saw TB get hit early and have really off games. Same with Cleveland when we started with 3 straight passes. if you gonna start with a pass, make it a layup, Not a playaction to the deep corner in between S and CB. Thats a hard throw but to be the 1st one?? too much. and the next series, they ran twice and got a 1st down.

Play to your strenghts. Weak O line? Let em run block first. The first play of the game, the D line is salivatiing. I would start games with a run or to get cute, maybe a screen or even reverse but playaction?? Thats not the way to get your QB comfy IMO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

What a sap!  5 years ago I called this guy the biggest fraud on the board. Up until this year he still had a bunch of blind followers that always came to his aid(fake accounts?) Idk, but the jig is up. Only guy thats gonna show for his next intervention is glen r.

[/QUOTE]

Did you expect any less? I have honestly never in my life seen someone so desparate for attention that they hang out at a place where nobody like them. All the attention they get is negative, but it's better than being lonely so they thrive on it. It's become so incredibly pethetic I can only shake my head watching this clown get abused here daily. It's (almost) sad to think people are that starved for attention. I blame his mom.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you expect any less? I have honestly never in my life seen someone so desparate for attention that they hang out at a place where nobody like them. All the attention they get is negative, but it's better than being lonely so they thrive on it. It's become so incredibly pethetic I can only shake my head watching this clown get abused here daily. It's (almost) sad to think people are that starved for attention. I blame his mom.

[/QUOTE]

yesterday someone told me I made good points and this guy comes in and asks " how it is a good point??"  That is a problem when you are jealous of others football acumen and I dont even claim to be an expert. I just love football and have played and watched enough to make informed opinions. If he lost his agenda, maybe he would have some compliments too,.,.....lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yesterday someone told me I made good points and this guy comes in and asks " how it is a good point??"  That is a problem when you are jealous of others football acumen and I dont even claim to be an expert. I just love football and have played and watched enough to make informed opinions. If he lost his agenda, maybe he would have some compliments too,.,.....lol

[/QUOTE]

So sad to see what turned out to be a pretty good football talk thread wind down on such a sorry note...with a conversation about Rusty.

LOL!!!

Sections
Shortcuts