Browns @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Browns @ Patriots REPORT CARD

sometimes it might be better to go back and see the Forrest before looking at the trees

On D

How many rookies are playing now? 3-5. Ufdas?

Where are they in allowing Points? Pretty good

Where are we on wins? Pretty good

Have we beat good teams? Yes

Where are we on yds allowed? No so good

But which are the-important metrics?

Except for Denver , where Bb played 8-9 in coverage the run D overall has been ok ,Cam had one unbelieavable run to break our backs, and I think the browns there was one big reverse- and Bb has worked in two rookies, 1 trade an an udfa?  Damn Bb is working with less and getting more. if we just had Kelly we would be ok, but we don't

I keep hearing , if there were 10-15 more seconds we lose. but it didn't happen. Bb called his D to eat time. so that is "if" and if doesn't matter. It's what happens that you judge

on pass D it is bend don't break, a little to reminiscent of past years, but with what we have left what can you expect, Probably less than what we are going to get

On O,

I think coolade had a great post  on Rustys Gronk thread, please read it, i cannot say it as well

I think OG , and I have to believe rusty agrees, on using the run more effectively to set up the pass, And Og also pointed out getting Dobby back as he is our tallest recvr , absolutely. 

sometimes I don't understand the arguments

In the end the reality is that almost no big time analyst gives the Pats a chance to win anything except the AFC east. And with Gronk gone, with good reason. So really no one here should be blaming the O or the D, a player or coach or the GM if we don't win. 

but ya know, it isn't over yet.  Bb still has time to coach up, we have speed for a change on O, we can pass, we can run, we have great STs, we have a D that still has some talent,, And the whole team is gritty. I just cannot @itch, I have never been so excited since 42"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In my younger days in New England, it was a family tradition that on Sunday, we all would gather for a huge meal. I have continued that tradition in Texas. But, after watching the first half of the Browns game Sunday, I had lost my appetitie. Then, after seeing Gronk suffer that devastating knee injury and get carted off, I became queasy. Though the Patriots would miraculously bounce back from playing terribly throughout the game, and win with two TDs in the final 61 seconds of play, it was little consolation.

Winning the game was little consolation?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Rusty, REGARDLESS of how slow a start the team may have or the number of turnovers, and I agree TOs play a big part in the outcome of the game, if the team overcomes all of this to be IN THE LEAD late in the game and the D has to hold the fort, if the D doesn't, the blame can't be put on the offense as the sole reason for losses your points seem to make. 

You are just so steadfast in your position the SBs were lost because of the lack of offense, primarily, and simply ignore the offense got the team into the lead late in both games only to see the D give up 83 and 88 yard winning drives to the Giants leaving the offense with less than a minute in each game.

You really need to balance your positions and quit placing all blame on Brady and the O.

Luckily for the Pats defense, after giving up winning td drives in the 2001 and 2003 SBs, they left Brady with 1:30 and 1:04 to make the comebacks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Campbell came off the bench and had a field day throwing on McCourty( the best Safety in the afc) and Gregory and Talib. All guys who are starters on Defense. The lack of pressure that allowed Campbell to look like Randal Cunningham has always been a problem going back to 2005 bro, dont know what you been watching. So I get your point and I have tempered my expectation in the run game and all that but you see Nink is still here, CJ is still here, Buchanan, etc. ALL our pass rushers and we gave the guy all day to throw.

In your next rebuttal please stay on topic.

One bad game does not define the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

We aren't done by any means.

Right on!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

taking into consideration the quality of the opposition

Since every team is some shade of average, this means little.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

taking into consideration the quality of the opposition

Since every team is some shade of average, this means little.

Stop it!!! Are you really going to argue with a straight face that beating Cleveland is as impressive as beating Denver or New Orleans?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

...But, after watching the first half of the Browns game Sunday, I had lost my appetitie. Then, after seeing Gronk suffer that devastating knee injury and get carted off, I became queasy. Though the Patriots would miraculously bounce back from playing terribly throughout the game, and win with two TDs in the final 61 seconds of play, it was little consolation.

Yes...after seeing the Pats play as poorly as they did, and seeing Gronk carted off... that's exactly how I felt at the time.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

...But, after watching the first half of the Browns game Sunday, I had lost my appetitie. Then, after seeing Gronk suffer that devastating knee injury and get carted off, I became queasy. Though the Patriots would miraculously bounce back from playing terribly throughout the game, and win with two TDs in the final 61 seconds of play, it was little consolation.

Yes...after seeing the Pats play as poorly as they did, and seeing Gronk carted off... that's exactly how I felt at the time.

If only every game was smiles and high fives, huh?  We'd have to cut our fingernails.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Campbell came off the bench and had a field day throwing on McCourty( the best Safety in the afc) and Gregory and Talib. All guys who are starters on Defense. The lack of pressure that allowed Campbell to look like Randal Cunningham has always been a problem going back to 2005 bro, dont know what you been watching. So I get your point and I have tempered my expectation in the run game and all that but you see Nink is still here, CJ is still here, Buchanan, etc. ALL our pass rushers and we gave the guy all day to throw.

In your next rebuttal please stay on topic.

One bad game does not define the season.

Never said it did. I am very optimistic that BB will get it right but vs the Browns, IMO he should have moved CJ over instead of having your best pass rusher go against the best pass blocking tackle in the league all game. I trust when its win or go home, BB will scheme to get off the field. Nink had the only sack and hurries now imagine if that was CJ on that side?

• Sections
    Shortcuts