Browns sign Delhomme

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Browns sign Delhomme

First they give Ben Watson 13 million. Which looks brilliant compared to this. What,Rex Grossman wasn't available? Actually, now that I think about it, at this point in Delhomme's carrer, Rex is a better QB.

There are picks and then there are the kind of picks that Delhomme throws. Where there isn't a reciever within 10 yards of the ball. This guy is done. He needs to retire and stop making an a@@ out of himself. So of course, the Browns sign him to a two year deal.

Are they really that stupid in Cleveland? Is the front office having wild drinking parties and drunk dialing player agents? I don't get it. At this point, I fully expect them to ink Marvin Harrison to a 3 year 21 million dollar contract in the next few days.

So the next time one of you decides to complain about the Pats offseason, understand it could be much worse. You could be a Browns fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Browns sign Delhomme

In Response to Browns sign Delhomme:
    So the next time one of you decides to complain about the Pats offseason, understand it could be much worse. You could be a Browns fan.
    Posted by dafoe

Poor Browns fans. The Dawg Pound have had their share of heartache. Remember The Fumble? Then they lost their team from 1996-1999 when Art Modell moved them to Baltimore. It was one of the few instances that Steelers fans and Browns fans were supporting each other, as fans in Pittsburgh felt that Modell was robbing their team of their rivalry with the Browns. In 2007 they missed the playoffs despite going 10-6 under Romeo Crennel.

Hope has returned with Mike Holmgren given authority over the team's football operations and the retaining of Mangini and the entire coaching staff for the 2010 season.

As for the signing of Jake Delhomme, one Browns fan sums it up:
    "If you somehow found a way to be excited about this signing, let me know."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

It's not a good idea to try and excuse your team's deficiencies because some other team is doing something even more stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Delhomme to Watson>>>>> OH! incomplete.....again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In Response to Re: Browns sign Delhomme:
    It's not a good idea to try and excuse your team's deficiencies because some other team is doing something even more stupid.
    Posted by Yapple

I wasn't trying to "excuse" anything. I was just trying to bring some perspective to all the "The sky is falling" fans on this site that think this offseason has been a disaster because the Pats haven't signed every big name FA available.

The Pats are not going to win the Superbowl in 2010. They are in year 2 of a 3 or 4 year rebuilding process. They re signed all the players they needed to. Got rid of some dead weight with Ben Watson, hopefully Maroney is next. With a solid draft this year and next, and a solid 2011 offseason, they will be in contention again.

The Pats are not going to go out and go on a spending frenzy the second the FA market opens and overpay for a bunch of guys. What are all you people going to say if they pick up Cooley and a solid WR? Yes, the offseason has been a little unnerving. But I think some people need to calm down and let it play out before they start freaking out. The only two big mistakes they have had so far were the coordinator fiasco and the Boldin thing.

Name one other opportunity they have missed out on. People are acting like there is a mountain of All Pros out there waiting to be signed for reasonable money. What did you want them to do?  Sign Peppers @ 93 million so he could show up for four games a year? 

For all the complaining, I don't hear any reasonable solutions. All we get are 19 "Trade for Brandon Marshall" threads a day. Yeah, Let's waste a number one pick on a locker room cancer and then give him a boatload of money. Sounds good.

I mean, if there's some sort of brilliant alternative to the paitience and forethought they are currently employing I'm all ears. I'm as sick of watching other teams hoist the Lombardi as anyone. But if nobody does, and I don't think they do, maybe we should just chill out and let the offseason unfold. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The truly shocking thing here is that Lisp Boy still has a job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

stoopid, these guys will never win with jake

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

SIGNING DELHOMME IS HOMGREN'S CALL.STRANGE,REALLY STRANGE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Delhomme to Watson />>>>> OH! incomplete.....again
    Posted by harleyroadking103

LOL Harley.. I was coming here to write that exact line.
    Delhomme to Watson...Dropped in the endzone
    Delhomme to Watson...Oh, Over thrown.
    I'm betting the Under line on whatever the win total is for the Browns this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

To be followed by "Delhomme to Watson ..DOH intercepted!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i heard they are going to draft a QB of the not so distant future in round 1. Jake is just a stop gap

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

i heard they are going to draft a QB of the not so distant future in round 1. Jake is just a stop gap
    Posted by rebels1520

Don't tell Jake, he may start crying again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Delhomme come, and Browns fans want to go hoooome....

Poor Browns fans, what a pathetic offseason. And to make matters worse, they traded away their best pass rusher, K. Wimbley, for a 3rd pick. Kind of made me upset that the Pats didn't try and trade for him if he was so cheap to acquire.