Browns Wise To Get Lombardi for VP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Browns Wise To Get Lombardi for VP

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Rusty this sounds like an attack but I don't want to attack you because the last time I did I lost my will to live for a while over your stubbourness but if we're going to be honest. Do you really think Lombardi is a good personel director or do you like him because he has nothing but excellent things to say about BB, I don't know the man, don't know what he's like as a GM but here are the facts I do know:

i) He worked for BB in Cleveland and never worked for him again and BB loved those Cleveland guys
    ii) He hasn't been in football since 07 and that was with the raiders during their unbelievable decline
    iii) He's been part of maybe 4 winnings teams spanning from the late 80's to 07 which is a terrible awful record for any front office personel 

LOL!

Was that before or after I caught you lying about being a student at BC? Gee, RKarp lying about having a Harvard MBA and now Macmenimin asking why I think Lombardi is a great modern era choice to direct a team.

Here's what I know:

He and BB basically oulined the cap formula that BB applies today. I don't care what anyone says, but BB had this, along with Lombardi and Pioli, back in Cleveland from 1991-1995.

BB has proven this with a more than steady hand for 10+ years. Perfect? Absolutely not. As good as it gets? Absolutely.

They had the formula.  They new the cap would be completely abused by some teams, teams would panic, make 1 or 2 disastrous cost moves which would handicap them for up to 5 years at a time.  This means, 5-10 teams every year will really be who you are competing against. 

There's a reason why the Al Davis, Jerry Jones and Snyder types and their meddling ways have failed after having a puppet in there.   Al Davis didn't let Lombardi do his job in Oakland. Lombardi tried it, Lombardi realized Davis was long gone and senile, he quit and moved on.

In the Cleveland case now, he's the guy.   How can you not like the guy along with BB who were the first ones to grasp how important the economics of this all is?

I mean, go look at the Jets.  They did everything the opposite of what BB would have done and what Lombardi would have done the last 5 years.

And yeah, I know that BB and Lombardi are close, so I've leaned on what Lombardi says in the past to reinforce some of my original opinion or sometimes simply learning of things that happen before they do happen.

Again, if I am Browns fan, I am thrilled with the choice.  They have some potential at QB, we'll see with Chudzinski there, but step 1 is your GM. I know he's got a "VP" title, but whoever he hires as the GM, it will like how BB did it here with it being more administrative and liason between the scouting and draft/FA prep.

Well I am a student at BC that's a fact bro whether you like it or not (i won't be entering into a discussion about this so don't try and blow off everything I say and returning to this point). You're absolutely right about the strategy coming out of Cleveland although it's been 18 years since the 1995 season ended for the Cleveland Browns and all those involved with BB departed with the exact same knowledge that BB brought to New England, in the cleveland 95 documentery Lombardi says personally that if you enter most draft rooms and front offices in the NFL they'll have the BB scouting report and cap system in place. Therefore you don't need an original BB disciple to implement it after all as they say Rusty this is a copycat league. You didn't really answer my questions instead you just began by insulting me and then saying what you felt you would say, so answer them:

1) If he's so excellent why did BB not trust him following the cleveland says? (this may have simply been a circumstantial thing, i'll give you that)
    2) Why's he been out of football since 07 (i'll even give you that this may have been simply by choice although i don't think so)
    3) Why does he not have many winning seasons? 
    4) New one: Why did he draft Jamarcus Russell the biggest bust in NFL history? ( OK this one is a stretch he was fired from the job 3 weeks after the draft so his involvement in the draft process may have been minimal to non existent but still he may have been involved he was in charge of player evaluation so at least they'd have used his scouting reports, not a great reflection)

So all in all the main point is he isn't a winner, there were 5 drafts from 02 to 07 and unless Davis chose damn near every draft choice he didn't do a very good job. If you're planning to insult me again in your reply don't bother replying I don't want to hear it if you want to talk honestly about Michael Lombardi be my guest!

Please don't throw intelligence, reason or logic at Rusty. He doesn't know what to do with it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

I knew that those Browns teams were pretty bad, but I didn't realize how bad their drafts were.   

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/why-did-browns-hire-mike-lombardi-go-back-to-1998-draft-1.366361?localLinksEnabled=false

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Frank158's comment:

I knew that those Browns teams were pretty bad, but I didn't realize how bad their drafts were.   

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/why-did-browns-hire-mike-lombardi-go-back-to-1998-draft-1.366361?localLinksEnabled=false

Check out the Raider drafts when Lombardi was there.....horrible beyond horrible

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I love how Rusty has a super man crush on Lombardi because of the Belichick connection - yet Lombardi and Belichick weren't even on speaking terms until recently.

LOL!!

Again!

Busted cold.  BB and Lombardi have stayed connected for years and years.  I love how Mt Hurl tries to claim that he knows how frequently they talk, when I routinely would reference Lombardi saying something about our team on air, then days later it coming true publicly, which means he was talking to BB, dummy.

HIs direct line into covering the Pats via NFLN was through BB. That was the connection. That's why any interviews BB ever did there was there, not at ESPN. That and because of Mayock, too.

You should be running out of here with your tails between your legs at this point, the fraud you are.

Christ, I forgot Rkrap claimed the JEts interviewed Lombardi and offered him a job. LOL!!!

Idzik was the Jets ONLY interview. That's a fact.   RKrap is caught right here above LYING AGAIN, completely concocting a lie about the Jets offering Lombardi a job.

I can catch almost every member of the BBW Guild in multiple lies in this thread alone, as they now want to crown Lombardi as the reason of BB's rebuild on the fly and now juggernaut is here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sure, RKarp. I don't have a facscination. I think it's downright comical that people who think they know more than me, assume this arrogance of being right, when in reality, they didn't do their homework to begin with in the first place.

It's a sign of weakness for YOU that you try to use your position at ESPN to make yourself feel important here. The funny part is it continucally backfires on you because apparently you aren't aware ESPN has an anti-Patriots bias.

Oh, the irony.

You've been had. ESPN, you, and all the BB Bashers have had their day in the sun, dumbo.

It may have taken 2-3 years, but you lost.  The Jets aren't the model organization and Tedy Bruschi has been wrong in his analysis with this team more than he's been right, too.

Maybe he shouldn't have sold out to the very company that strung up the Pats in 2007 and basically tried like hell to sabotage SB 42, which they pretty much did.

Capiche?

You know nothing! your sitting in your basement throwing out insults. There is no one in the industry, repeat no one, who knows more inside Jets intel than Rich Cimini. I heard it from the horses mouth directly about Lombardi. And your going to sit in your basement and say you are an expert? I also work and speak with James Walker. He know the Browns better than most anyone. I am telling you the Browns paid thru the nose for Lombardi and he has zero credentials....ZERO! Other than he worked with BB some time ago....

I ask you again...other than Dimitrioff, who has worked for BB and succeeded in the NFL?

So Stuff your ESPN nonsense, and the info these people hear and report are not always 100%, but they are always on top of their game. Meanwhile, you sit in your basement.

WHat the hell does Tedy Bruschi have to do with anything?

BB basher? I have repeatedly said he is the best...although I feel he has missed on his free agency signings.... And I would have drafted Harrison Smith, not Hightower...

[/QUOTE]

^^RKrap now claiming Lombardi is great and why BB is Exec of the Year this year.

LOL!!

Caught cold!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

[QUOTE]

Check out the Raider drafts when Lombardi was there.....horrible beyond horrible[/QUOTE]

Al Davis. Why do you think Lombardi quit after the 2007 draft when senile Al took Jamarcus Russell?

You're a moron.  There is a GM in Dallas, the Skins and the Jets, but we all know who is really pulling the strings.

LOL!

These old Lombardi threads are beautiful!  Absolutely beautiful!

Exposed beyond belief!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

LOL!!

Mt Hurl sounds just like Felgie and Mazzie!

Patriots
    Felger & Mazz: Belichick Continues To Hire “Yes Men” On His Staff
    February 13, 2014 2:47 PM
    Share on email 2
    View Comments
    Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)
    Related Tags:
    Audio, Bill Belichick, Bill Belichick Coaching Tree, Felger & Mazz, Felger And Massarotti, Michael Lombardi, Mike Lombardi, Mike Lombardi Fired, New England Patriots, Patriots, Patriots Front Office, Patriots Staff
    New England Patriots
    Upcoming Games
    Buy Patriots Tickets Full Schedule
    Sunday Dec 14
    vs. Dolphins
    Find Tickets
    Sunday Dec 28
    vs. Bills
    Find Tickets
    Patriots Central
    Shop for Patriots Gear
    NFL Scoreboard
    NFL Standings
    Team STATS
    Team Schedule
    Team Roster
    Team Injuries
    Football

gillette stadium Felger & Mazz: Belichick Continues To Hire Yes Men On His Staff

Patriots News
    bob socci listicle Felger & Mazz: Belichick Continues To Hire Yes Men On His Staff

Bob Socci's Columns
    footballgeneric2 Felger & Mazz: Belichick Continues To Hire Yes Men On His Staff

Stats & Recaps
    You've Earned Points for Reading!Claim points in our Reward Center, and earn more tomorrow.Claim Points

BOSTON (CBS) – According to Chris Fedor of 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, recently fired Browns general manager Michael Lombardi will be reuniting with Bill Belichick, although it is unclear at this time what role he’ll be assigned.

Lombardi and Belichick worked together during Belichick’s first head coaching job in Cleveland from 1991-95.

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com expounded on the initial report by detailing the deterioration of the Cleveland Browns front office in recent weeks. Apparently Belichick and Urban Meyer were in the ear of owner Jimmy Haslam and urged them to interview fired Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano, which did not sit well with CEO Joe Banner.

Banner was perturbed by the last-minute Schiano interview. Sensing Banner’s discontent, Haslam eventually cleaned house and fired both the CEO (Banner) and the general manager (Lombardi).

And now Lombardi is reportedly back working for Belichick, which Michael Felger and Tony Massarotti don’t see the value in.

“Do you feel like Mike Lombardi strengthen Belichick’s staff?” asked Felger to kick off the show.

“What exactly has he done? Can you tell me what Mike Lombardi has accomplished?” said Mazz.

“He’s been the general manager in Oakland, the general manager in Cleveland…” responded Felger.

“Very successful teams there. In other words the two worst teams in football,” joked Marc Bertrand.

“What has he done? I would say not much.” said Felger.

“How about nothing. Can we say nothing? I’d say less than nothing if that’s possible,” said Mazz.

This segued into a discussion about Bill Belichick’s staff, both front office and coaching, and how it’s constructed.

“Bobos! Mike Lombardi, during his time with the NFL Network, was maybe the most in-the-satchel commentator I have ever heard for the Patriots – and that’s saying something. He is the textbook definition of a bobo,” said Felger.

“When you look at Bill’s staff it basically falls into two camps: It falls into young guys who owe their professional life to Bill Belichick, you know, the young kids who worked at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology and the next thing you know they’re on the staff. The other camp is Belichick bobos. Those are the two. Has he ever hired somebody with a qualified name, with a qualified resume who brings in fresh ideas that, god forbid, challenge him?”

“This has been one of my complaints down there for a long time Mike,” responded Mazz.

“It’s bobos on parade. Other than [Nick] Saban in college and [Thomas] Dimitroff who has really done anything?”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ToneKing's comment:

[QUOTE]

I love how Rusty has a super man crush on Lombardi because of the Belichick connection - yet Lombardi and Belichick weren't even on speaking terms until recently.

LOL!!

Again!

Busted cold.  BB and Lombardi have stayed connected for years and years.  I love how Mt Hurl tries to claim that he knows how frequently they talk, when I routinely would reference Lombardi saying something about our team on air, then days later it coming true publicly, which means he was talking to BB, dummy.

HIs direct line into covering the Pats via NFLN was through BB. That was the connection. That's why any interviews BB ever did there was there, not at ESPN. That and because of Mayock, too.

You should be running out of here with your tails between your legs at this point, the fraud you are.

Christ, I forgot Rkrap claimed the JEts interviewed Lombardi and offered him a job. LOL!!!

Idzik was the Jets ONLY interview. That's a fact.   RKrap is caught right here above LYING AGAIN, completely concocting a lie about the Jets offering Lombardi a job.

I can catch almost every member of the BBW Guild in multiple lies in this thread alone, as they now want to crown Lombardi as the reason of BB's rebuild on the fly and now juggernaut is here.

[/QUOTE]

Bawaha!! Google it dumbo. They were talking about it on the radio last year. Sorry this makes you all sad inside:(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

^^^Weak-asz retort after being absolutely exposed beyond belief!

This season is the culmination of your worst nightmare, Mt Cupcake.

Hey!  Do ya think Brady can show up in the title game this year for once??? LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL!!

Again!

[/QUOTE]

Bwhahahahahahaa! Queengina digging up posts for almost two years ago that show yet another one of his handles getting bludgeoned.  Can't be made up.  It's clear you hate yourself as much as everyone else hates you.  What a loser.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

^Bustchise mortified.

LOL!

"MileHighMike" exposed along with his allies in the BBW Guild.

WORST NIGHTMARE for both you and the BBW Guild.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Check out the Raider drafts when Lombardi was there.....horrible beyond horrible[/QUOTE]

Al Davis. Why do you think Lombardi quit after the 2007 draft when senile Al took Jamarcus Russell?

You're a moron.  There is a GM in Dallas, the Skins and the Jets, but we all know who is really pulling the strings.

LOL!

These old Lombardi threads are beautiful!  Absolutely beautiful!

Exposed beyond belief!

[/QUOTE]

Queengina, where do you get all of your "inside information" about what person in each organization is responsible for what pick, who interviewed for what job and who didn't and who on a staff made each and every play call during a game?  You have a giagantic inverted woody (vigina) for every post Rkarp makes, claiming that any opinion he shares is his way of stating absolute truths while you you spew fecal vomit all over this forum as if anything you say has a basis any truth whatsoever.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

^Bustchise mortified.

LOL!

"MileHighMike" exposed along with his allies in the BBW Guild.

WORST NIGHTMARE for both you and the BBW Guild.

Queengina "waiting in the weeds", posting moments after I show up.  Oh my, what a loser.  Long weekend, Queengina?  Did you head to the "outer banks"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

Tears!

I even like the fact that my original post was deleted due to the anti-Belichick Globe and the minions in here fearful of how right I was when Cleveland hired Lombardi.

The best was Lombardi fleecing the Colts in the RIchardson deal only to be fired for it.

Now, we see liars like Babe, Pezzy, TFB12, RKrap, Mt Hurl, etc, all trying to squirm, pretending they did not mock BB's connections throughout the league.

LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

geezzzz.....never realized how long the "you are a liar, no you are a liar" thingy has been going on.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToneKing. Show ToneKing's posts

^This is a lie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Tears!

I even like the fact that my original post was deleted due to the anti-Belichick Globe and the minions in here fearful of how right I was when Cleveland hired Lombardi.

The best was Lombardi fleecing the Colts in the RIchardson deal only to be fired for it.

Now, we see liars like Babe, Pezzy, TFB12, RKrap, Mt Hurl, etc, all trying to squirm, pretending they did not mock BB's connections throughout the league.

LOL!

I never mocked BB's connections around the league.

I'm glad he got Lombardi to make better choices. We've been clamoring for BB to get help for years.

Sections
Shortcuts