Bruins Playoffs Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Bruins Playoffs Thread

They are too serious over on the B's forum for me....

Here's a look at the Bruins so far in the playoffs:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/2014/04/bring-on-canadians.html" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/2014/04/bring-on-canadians.html

Can't wait until this series starts! Gonna be a good one. Thank god for the Bruins this season because seriously the draft being delayed two weeks has put me on suicide watch I swear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Bruins Playoffs Thread

Repeat after me....Montréal suce....Montréal suce.....Montréal suce
    Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well I called the B's in 5 last series but this one is going to be tough, only because that ice up north gets more BS calls then the Globetrotters get. I'm predicting it goes to game 7 but the B's come out on top. I can't wait, this is going to be fun.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I loathe the Canadiens as much as I loathe the Jets.  This is going to be an awesome series.  B's in 6!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In shocking news the NHL has decided to open the series tomorrow. This gives the Garden over to Northeastern for their graduation on Friday but still gets them a national TV game on NBC Saturday. The Canadians probably complained that they had to wait too long and we all know that what Montreal wants the NHL gets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If you want to grow up to be a comedian, try to make the hockey guys laugh,  You can feel the icy cool coming off your keyboard..  If they didn't have Stan amd Marco they would have no distractions at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Finally a non draft thread!!  Let's Go Bruins!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

is this the place that I argue that Phil Kessel is a Canadian citizen?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Finally a non draft thread!!  Let's Go Bruins!!

[/QUOTE]
    I know I'm dying for the draft but there's only so much to say! Can't wait!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

http://imgur.com/gallery/Op2aZqM" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/gallery/Op2aZqM

^Just a little teaser before the games begin^ LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

is this the place that I argue that Phil Kessel is a Canadian citizen?

[/QUOTE]

Probably better argued at the Dept of Immigration office

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bruins in six. The Bruins remind me of the Devils from the 90's...too big, too much defense, a goalie that ruins your day and just enough goal scoring to ruin any plans you had of winning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The B's are the better team. To negate Candiens speed be physical and wear them down. 

If Rask keeps playing at the level he is playing at right now they should win in 6 or less.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

This Bruins team is deeper than last year's version. I'll be disappointed if they do not go to the Cup finals. The only thing that worries me about the Habs is officiating in Montreal. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This Bruins team is deeper than last year's version. I'll be disappointed if they do not go to the Cup finals. The only thing that worries me about the Habs is officiating in Montreal."

yup........that's what I'm worried about too. 

I don't hang out in the hockey forum so nice to see this thread here. 

I see Montreal's speed and a few whistles slowing the Bruins down, but not too much. Bruins in six.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The schedule for the second-round Stanley Cup playoff series between the Bruins and Canadiens has been finalized:

• Game 1: Thursday, May 1 at 7:30 p.m. at Boston (NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
    • Game 2: Saturday, May 3 at 12:30 p.m. at Boston (NBC, CBC, RDS)
    • Game 3: Tuesday, May 6 at 7 p.m. at Montreal (NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
    • Game 4: Thursday, May 8 at 7:30 p.m. at Montreal (NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
    • Game 5: Saturday, May 10 at TBD at Boston (CBC, RDS)*
    • Game 6: Monday, May 12 at TBD at Montreal (CBC, RDS)*
    • Game 7: Wednesday, May 14 at TBD at Boston (CBC, RDS)*
    * -- if necessary

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Angel-of-Light's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This Bruins team is deeper than last year's version. I'll be disappointed if they do not go to the Cup finals. The only thing that worries me about the Habs is officiating in Montreal. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm also a little concerned about Tuukka (who has a horrible record against the Habs), Vanick (who is a B's killer), and the whole diving situation (which always gets under the B's skin and takes them off their game). If the B's keep a cool head, play their game, and attack on O to give Tuukka as much of a buffer as possible they should win. But, that's not a given since it is the Habs afterall, the one team I wanted to face least in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm also a little concerned about Tuukka (who has a horrible record against the Habs), Vanick (who is a B's killer), and the whole diving situation (which always gets under the B's skin and takes them off their game). If the B's keep a cool head, play their game, and attack on O to give Tuukka as much of a buffer as possible they should win. But, that's not a given since it is the Habs afterall, the one team I wanted to face least in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

In the four games they played against Montreal this season, Rask had a 1.95 GAA and .932 SV%.  Those are Hall of Fame numbers.  Of all the concerns going into this series, Rask is last on the list.

I agree that the Habs playing like the Habs bothers Bruin players and they must ignore the desire to respond.

Bruins in 6

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Hockey is probably somewhere in the range of 6-7 on the list of sports I like so I don't really care too much who wins this.  I also don't identify with the hatred of Montreal (really love the city).  I understand that they are a rival but I didn't grow up in a hockey family so the hatred isn't there for me.  In all honesty, whoever comes out of this series is who I will be pulling for to win the cup. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

getting Paille back should produce a few more chances for B's ,  especially on the short handed PK situations,  which the diving Habs are sure to produce.  Game 1 against the Red wings, refs favored the wings giving B's only one power play if I remember correctly.  The bias showed a number of times when they ignored obvious obstruction calls and others.  

It's almost like the Bruins show such superiority when they are dominating 5 on 5 that refs favor the perceived underdog.   Lame but what can you do...?  Just tough it out like the Bruins do .  A lot of character on that team .(plus they led the league in shortys...)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

.  Of all the concerns going into this series, Rask is last on the list.

I agree that the Habs playing like the Habs bothers Bruin players and they must ignore the desire to respond.

Bruins in 6

[/QUOTE]

agreed Rask is the least of the worries. Regular season is regular season, whatever. B's also lost 3 times to Detroit this year, didn't mean jack come playoffs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Good start so far for theB's need to finish chances.

Price is playing well early on sadly

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Tough game, damn that Subban. Bruins totally out played this team and couldn't convert. annoying. but a very good sign moving forward

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Bruins totally out played this team and couldn't convert. "

Yup - except the goalie matchup. Bruins lost that matchup tonight. 

But - I saw plenty I liked, lots of shots, scoring chances, and no quit or bad locker vibes. Bruins still very confident.