Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whoremaster. Show whoremaster's posts

Bruins

Used to love then then they traded ranford for moog to many teams etc but in reality how good are the bruins, who are the key players and  hockey being 90% goal tending can we beat montreal or pitts the real enemy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Bruins

I used to be a huge Bruins fan, but stopped watching in the mid 90's because I can't stand Jacobs/Sinden.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

surprised there's not alot of chatter on here about the B's. they're doing better in the playoffs than last year. i think they can take Montreal or Pittsburgh, it's san Jose they need to worry about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Most people didn't even expect the Bs to make the playoffs this year. The future is looking very bright. Rask is a top NHL goalie and is only around 23. They have the second overall pick this year, plus Toronto's first rounder next year. The young players are performing well (minus wheeler) and they are getting playoff experience.

I think they'll take this series but I don't expect them to win it all. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I think the loss of Krejci was it. Savard isn't 100% yet, Sturm is out, and I don't think they have the talent to match whichever team wins the west.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

My beef has nothing to do with the Bruins, but with the retarded NHL scheduling process that makes it impossible for me to see them. With only one outlet, the games should be staggered so that more of them could be on TV. Instead, the Bruins and Flyers took two days off over the weekend, thus aligning their series with the Pittsburgh-Montreal series so that now fans only get to see either/or, but not both. I live in a neutral market, so given a choice between the six and seven seeds or Sidney Crosby, who do you think Versus is sending over the airwaves?  I'll give you a hint: It's not the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

The last time I paid attention to hockey Don Sweeney was playing beside Ray Bourque and Harry Sinden was the cheapest man in the sport. He got just enough talent to fill the seats, but that was it. Actually, maybe I watched a few years beyond Bourque's retirement. Now I watch occasionally but don't ever expect much. They've totally changed the game, and, in my opinion, it wasn't an improvement.
    Having the shootout to break a tie is just the most ridiculous thing ever. Two whole teams battle each other for 60 minutes, and if it's a tie, then they do a shootout? Kinda takes the team aspect out of the equation. All that work for 60 minutes just to be decided by a shootout. I actually don't even totally understand how it works, please don't explain it to me.
    I liked the old way. Sudden death. You score, you win, 2 points. If it stays a tie, 1 point each. If you lose you got nothing. What was wrong with that? At least their was strategy involved and everyone was important, everyone had a role. Now you could just flip a coin.
    I used to watch EVERY game way back when. I used to go to them a few times a season too. Now I MIGHT go to 1 game a year and I don't even know the names of most of the players. Are they going to blow this series? Start out 3-0 and now they are only up by a game? The more things change the more they stay the same.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Hope the B's can close it out in Game 6, but never I'll never underestimate the ability of the B's to blow a sure thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins:
    The last time I paid attention to hockey Don Sweeney was playing beside Ray Bourque and Harry Sinden was the cheapest man in the sport. He got just enough talent to fill the seats, but that was it. Actually, maybe I watched a few years beyond Bourque's retirement. Now I watch occasionally but don't ever expect much. They've totally changed the game, and, in my opinion, it wasn't an improvement. Having the shootout to break a tie is just the most ridiculous thing ever. Two whole teams battle each other for 60 minutes, and if it's a tie, then they do a shootout? Kinda takes the team aspect out of the equation. All that work for 60 minutes just to be decided by a shootout. I actually don't even totally understand how it works, please don't explain it to me. I liked the old way. Sudden death. You score, you win, 2 points. If it stays a tie, 1 point each. If you lose you got nothing. What was wrong with that? At least their was strategy involved and everyone was important, everyone had a role. Now you could just flip a coin. I used to watch EVERY game way back when. I used to go to them a few times a season too. Now I MIGHT go to 1 game a year and I don't even know the names of most of the players. Are they going to blow this series? Start out 3-0 and now they are only up by a game? The more things change the more they stay the same.
    Posted by hang3xc

BINGO!

The style of hockey has also changed...there are too many "soft" Europeans in the league now.....I can't stand it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I hate Jacobs and Sinden myself, but it;s been fun watching them prove me wrong. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how in the world they come out in Gaem 5 like they did, but whatever.   If they do blow this series it will be beacause of that game.  It would be just like them to put forth the ultimate tease too.
    Posted by russgriswold

You should be used to this...they build a team that is good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win it all.....typical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Uuuughhh, lose 3 games in a row and its down to one game.....lol :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

B's need to learn from the C's performance tonight on closing out a series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

B's are done tonight....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

B's are done tonight....
    Posted by m1021us

This right here^ is incorrect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins : This right here^ is incorrect.
    Posted by p-mike

LOL!  History says that the B's will not make it to the Finals...and what better time to lose than tonight?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

History will be made if they lose.

They will resist history tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Wow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

In Response to Bruins:
     Used to love then then they traded ranford for moog to many teams etc but in reality how good are the bruins, who are the key players and  hockey being 90% goal tending can we beat montreal or pitts the real enemy.
    Posted by whoremaster

sinden  does just enuff to keep the garden full and will never go spend money in free agency. i love the b's and hate the owner at the same time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Bummer, can't believe this happened, guess I'll root for San Jose

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

B's are done tonight....
    Posted by m1021us

Apparently you have a hard time supporting the local teams

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

To bad they lost, but that's the B's I know. Can't believe the irony of the scoring .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flag-waiver. Show flag-waiver's posts

• They played hard....can you not still cheer 4 them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

At least I don't have to hear how the Canadiens waxed them again, and get distracted from following the traditional Boston boys of summer....the Celt's playoff run and Pat's training camp.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

To bad they lost, but that's the B's I know. Can't believe the irony of the scoring .
    Posted by Wizardsjag

There's not much positive to take from this. It's going to be hard to remember that the Bruins went farther in the playoffs than anyone had a right to expect after that abysmal second period. They just weren't deep enough and without upside-down goaltending, they didn't have enough offense. People aren't going to remember how well they played for the bulk of the playoffs. They're going to remember game five and game seven and -- sadly -- they're going to remember that Rask was too soft in crucial moments. If I hadn't been a fan for some 40 years, I might have hope that the Bruins might build on this (comparable) success and look to build with that gift from heaven they got from Toronto for the once and future Phil Kessel. But you and I both know that won't happen. The unfortunate truth about these playoffs is that the B's did the best they could. It was a terrible tease, and they will have to live with the laughingstock tag they're going to wear from now on, but still and all, it was a helluva ride.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It's not that I didn't know Boston has a hockey team, It's more that I didn't know they still played hockey in America. 

In truth, IF one believes that for each and every cherished memory one has through some recollected experience in their lives, IS forever lost and forever quieted AFTER the sad reality hits, whether it be through time or some occurences, THAT you, or I, will never be able to Relive that Cherished Moment in Time ever again...THEN, I'd like to say that when The Whale left Hartford- a tiny little piece of my life was taken away, and lost forever...  I mean, I only went to 1 game, and it was because our Cub Scout Group got free tickets, and they lost by like double digits...which is akin in hockey terms to scoring half the goals on yourself or something; Oh, and also- I think I fell asleep through 2 out of the 3 periods (ha, ha, lmao 3 periods? Only in Hockey World)...BUT, 1 thing I DO remember was the result of some young chick having to be stretchered out of the civic center after her head got whacked open by a stray puck that sailed into the stands.  "Wow," I remember thinkin' even as an 11 year old, "IF I wanted to watch a st^pid semi-redneck spectator sport where I personally could get hurt, Man- I'll just make my way up to Stafford, Ct. Motor Speedway, steal sips off the watered down remains of warm strohs-lights, and pray the next drunk hillbilly driving his suped up '81 Chevy, careens into some section of the stands that isn't my own, but is near enough to me that I can partake in the cherished story-telling aspects of the gory aftermath."  And that's EXACTLY how I feel about Gordon Elliot.  WhatTH was this thread's subject?  Oh, Bruins losing tonight...well, whatever.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

At least we have the 2nd pick in the draft. If that guy turns out to be a great player then we can trade him for 2 big defensemen. They have a formula for success and they're sticking to it.