Bruschi calls out Polian on ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Bruschi calls out Polian on ESPN

For all this spygate talk there were more teams that mis-rembered that they did it.

"After footage from the actual tape was aired on Fox NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this"

Plus the Jets got busted a week later but nothing happened to them. For all you know doggy your Colts did this as well. Just were hushed by the NFL along with all the other teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

You make some very good points Fowler and your sentence structure is excellent. Keep up the good work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

First: 6/18/2008
    Last: 12/30/2009
    For all this spygate talk there were more teams that mis-rembered that they did it.

"After footage from the actual tape was aired on Fox NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this"

Plus the Jets got busted a week later but nothing happened to them. For all you know doggy your Colts did this as well. Just were hushed by the NFL along with all the other teams.

Response- Wizard,
    I have heard EX- Jets GM, Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL on at least a dozen times say that every team has the same films and that it was no big deal. He said, and I quote "The next day I had 3 different coaches call me and say that they had a wall full of films..What should I do with them". All the coaches knew this and none had the nuts to come out and say it. They just let BB get ripped all year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The only thing you are right about is that it is a rule and yes they broke it.  I really don't think with today's technology that where you are filming from amounts to a hill of beans.  In other words it's an antiquated rule.  Do you think they are snapping those pics with a Polaroid? lol  Most video cameras have the ability to break down a video to a single frame, ie a picture, heck my cell phone can do that. Also a succession of single frame (pics) creates a video.  Then there is the zoom factor and you are wrong that it would be harder to read them from up high as apposed to lower where as the sheet on the same level would more likely be blocked zooming directly at it as apposed to above it unless they are shielding their foreheads. 
    I have a bigger issue with them taking pictures of the defensive line in front of them during the game as it apparently does help figure out the scheme.  Do you think Peyton is studying them because he is bored?
    So which is worse, filming a practice tape of a team that they wont likely play again for quite some time or using Polaroid to figure out the defense at hand?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm not being sarcastic fowler. Good post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If you guys aren't watching the Nebraska Game on ESPN, Suh is Tearing it up again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

"I wonder how much guts he thinks it took to be a cog in a systemic cheating scheme for 6 years?  Thoughts"  UnderdogggPoop

Yeah, I got some thoughts for you troll, but since you've shown repeadly you just here to stir the pot - how about you answer me this:  when are you going to give it up already.  The supposed cheating has two seasons ago - Pats got punished, end of story.  Why are you still dwelling on issue that happened, and was admonished two years ago?  Does your inferiority complex run that deep?  Man, get some counseling, or better yet, whine about the big-bad cheating Pats on a Colts board - I suspect they don't like you around much either or you wouldn't be here.  Other than being a miserable little trool, you possess the most unpleasant of human characteristics - you're a complete and utter hypocrite.  You come whining about something two years past when your team just laid down like the miserable dogs they are.  Perhaps that's what's really eating at you (I'd prefer a nasty rash to eating at you, but you can't win them all).  At the end of the day skippy, the differences between our organizations are very clear and unambiguous - we play to win, and have one the big one 3 times.  Colts, for all of their obvious talents, play not to get hurt and despite the hosannas for being "the winningest team of the decade" (in the regular season of course, because that's more important than Super Bowls), your team still trails us - we've won the big one three times.  I know that just tickles your little old self pink having to dwell on that on a daily basis.  Oh well, it is what it is.  Your frustrated, I get it.  Can you spare us?  Because I don't think there is a person on this board that feels your pain, rather we laugh at it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

NUMBER OF TIMES THE GELDINGS QUIT----1

NUMBER OF TIMES THE PATRIOTS QUIT----0

*k-max----perfect

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

underdoggg, oh underdoggg, where for art thou underdoggg?  no clever retort?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

dogg: I need to apologize.

I am heartily, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart sorry that I was sort of nice to you earlier.

It'll never happen again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericdejong. Show ericdejong's posts

My daughter calls the Colts "My Pretty Ponies" - very smart kid.

She once glued hundreds of little blue horseshoes on a roll of toilet paper and gave it to me as a birthday present - Daddy's litle girl!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

hahaha thats awesome eric

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg... you are REALLY full of it!!  You REALLY believe the filming is a root cause for the Pats success this decade and therefore, "taints" the championships??!!

OK, the Pats get caught for FILMING from an illegal location.  The film from that game is not used in the current game.  Also, there is no answer sheet available to the Pats to decipher the signals.  It is done purely by observation and putting two and two together!  The Pats next face this opponent 2 years later.  The defensive and offensive schemes of this team have changed, as they do for all teams each year, so has the signals used on the sidelines.  This renders the film useless, for all intents and purposes.  The polaroids, on the other hand can be used in the same game.  Teams do not make wholesale changes to their game plan in-game.  Therefore the polaroids are important, otherwise, why take them?  Referring to spygate on a continual basis is only being done by fans of other teams with an ax to grind against the Pats, who can't explain the domination of this team this decade while other teams go up and down like a yo-yo.  The Colts own Howard Mudd has been referred to as the BEST at stealing signs by Jimmy Johnson when he was with the Cowboys.  We may not have film, but let's jump to the conclusion everyone made about the Pats.  With Mudd, you have someone who does it, fortunately for the Colts, Mangini was not on the staff!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

blue horseshoes on a roll of toilet paper - your daughter is an artist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

He is only bringing up the videotaping thing to distract people from the fact that he is limping from the screwing given to him by Caldwell and Polian.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I agree with Teddy, - if the Colts win it we will always wonder if they could have gone undefeated and been the best of the best. What a joke! Their Super Bowl win (assuming they do make it there and win) will still feel like they came up short. They can't avoid that now. 

Being the best of the best wasn't their goal. I don't think, thinking small ever won a Super Bowl. 

This is something that will probably follow the Colts for a very long time because their manhood and grit was tested. 

Any further doubts that the Pats are the team of the decade over the Colts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

I would rather see the Colts go undefeated and win it all and match the '72 fins than see the Jets in the playoffs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

You know, this will really add a little fire to a possible Colts Pats playoff match. Not man enough to go for perfection? You probably are not man enough to beat us then. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Undertroll can't stand the fact that everyone is talking about how his team quit. 

But there is a silver lining in this for Colt's fans:  Because people all over the country are talking about the Colts not having the scrotum to try for perfection they may not be talking as much about them benifitting from bogus pass interference calls that change the outcome of games. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

"I would rather see the Colts go undefeated and win it all and match the '72 fins than see the Jets in the playoffs."  - Oggie

Spoken like a true Phins fan :) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

First: 6/5/2008
    Last: 12/30/2009
    doggg-e-dooo you are becoming pathetic  !!

49 had nothing to do with the Patriots. When asked about benching the starters he replied "it was ok and up to the coaches" same thing Dungy said before him. I would have liked Rodney to have gone off on a rant about what a gutless decision it was, unfair to players and fans!!  They brought him in there to be outspoken and throw out some digs. He parrots everything Dungy says and never challenges him  Even Patrick asked Harrison if he was really OK with it.

That was all a part of his plan NE, he wants to keep 2007 as special as all Pats' fan. I love when topics about the Pats and Colts pop up on NBC, Dungy and Rodney are always taking jabs at each other. And the 49 to my name is mostly because I am also a 49ers fan. I wasn't alive to see the great Joe Montana play in a 9ers' uniform, but "The catch" got me into football. Brady and Montana are so similar i's uncanny. 

They have to be the two most clutch QBs to ever touch a football.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Polian is a dolt. Colts are toast anyway because they won't beat New England or San Diego come the playoffs they are both playing at a higher level then the Colts.
    Only team that worries me in AFC is San Diego but I am still not sold on Norvus.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Pezz4pats,

Everyone has those photos and Brady studies them also.  I don't know the specifics but I think is it an all 22 photo with snapshots at specific invervals during the plays.  I think the NFL sets the shots up.  My understanding is it was a rule that came about to keep teams from having too much technology like video, computers, etc on the sidelines.  The NFL wanted the play on the game day to be based on human factors.  They are also limited to the one piece of paper (the one that the coach holds in front of his face) for thier plays and other info.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

I would rather see the Colts go undefeated and win it all and match the '72 fins than see the Jets in the playoffs.  ---

I'm feeling a bit like Rex Ryan did when he claimed the Jets were out of it... I too, believed this, not having any idea that with all the losses at 1:00 put them back in the mix.... I foolishly was rooting for the Jets to beat the Colts....up until they pulled the starters.... I wanted to see the Colts get beat, not give it away.... THEN I found out that the Jets get a foot back in.... DUH.. I think this is great, they'll be the 6th seed and come to Foxboro for a beat down.........

How the hell did this happen..? How did they get in and be the 5th seed (assuming the Bengals also give this away!!!)... ?

Living in Ffld County, Giants/Jets fans abound... I can't believe that the Jet fans around here seriously consider Sunday's game a win!!!!

This is my nightmare -- if the Jets advance, and somehow get to the AFC Championship or even the SB... I swear I'm moving to Rhode Island or Mass...
    Effing Giant fans still giving me crap about 07... I won't be able to take it from the Jet fans.......

Be Careful of what you wish for... I am living that adage right now!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

OK, IM CALLING IT.  UNDERDOGGG, LEAVE.  WE DON'T LIKE YOU, WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE.  YOU DONT CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING, JUST SAW AWAY AT THE SAME SAD STORY DAY AFTER DAY.  GO TO YOUR OWN BOARD.  YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.  I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TALK.  OR START A BOARD WITH LEON.  OR A RELATIONSHIP, WHICHEVER SUITS YOU.  BUT GO AWAY.

Sections
Shortcuts