Bruschi Claims "Small Window" Remains

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: Bruschi Claims

I think your reading something thats not there,I took this as him just saying brady has a few years left and his window is closing before he retires.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

It seems like the "window" people refer to largely relates to Brady but many then equate the Pats having no chance once Brady is gone.

I think Brady has more left than some give him credit for. I also don't think it's the end for the Pats post-Brady anymore than it is for any other team that eventually has to replace a starting QB.

Not saying an all-time great is easy to replace but every team has to start over at some point at the QB position. The angst has been partly due to perceived, and in some cases real, deficiencies in other parts of the roster but overall I think the Pats have a lot of cause for optimism.

I'm excited about the Pats defense and other than a wait and see with some of the new parts at WR there's really no obvious cause for concern on offense. Other than health issues perhaps.

Call me pollyanna if you want but I think the window may be re-opening more than closing. We shall see.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Yeah, the Manning angle is interesting. So many people are on the Broncos bandwagon, mostly because of Manning who is older than Brady and has had more significan health issues. Yet no real talk about PM's window closing or by extension the team. Other than WR, I'm not sure Denver is better than NE.

I just find the whole "window closing" thing kind of goofy for any player or team. There are too many variables to predict. A young player's window may close suddenly due to inury or off-field issues. Any player over 30 is in the latter part of his career but it's different for everybody. Some guys hit a wall all of a sudden and with some it's gradual.

The Pats should again, barring a ton of injuries which are always an equalizer, be one of the best teams in the league and certainly in the AFC. We've certainly seen some other solid teams win SB's without a QB as good as TB. 

It will be a sad day when Brady retires but I'm not convinced it's happening right away and what are we supposed to do? Stop cheering for the Pats when he retires?

While a Favre to Rodgers scenario is probably not realistic I'm not convinced the Pats are unable to find another good QB when the time comes. Not sayiing he'll be Brady part 2 but if the rest of the team is good enough they can still contend.

No team's future can be predicted or tied solely to one guy. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

one can argue that Vince has a smaller window than Brady

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Vince is pretty durable and although a lot of miles, Ted Washington played into his mid 30s. I think it just depends on the person and what they want. 

You and others get far too fixated on the number. I think RBs and WRs can fade pretty quickly based on what they need to do to be effective in the sport, while I think some other positional players can mask some elements of their game as they get older.

BB better start to manage his snaps

One can also argue BB has a smaller window than Brady...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Vince is pretty durable and although a lot of miles, Ted Washington played into his mid 30s. I think it just depends on the person and what they want. 

You and others get far too fixated on the number. I think RBs and WRs can fade pretty quickly based on what they need to do to be effective in the sport, while I think some other positional players can mask some elements of their game as they get older.

You better start arguing how that makes sense, then.  My god, are you a tool or what? 

is it so hard to understand that maybe BB has other interests and wants to do other things, and that at 65 years old with more money than he can spend, he would do something else? That means 4 more years until he is 65...where as Brady is signed for 5...

I cannot imagine Vince playing 4 more years...he will be 36 years old...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You better start arguing how that makes sense, then.  My god, are you a tool or what? 

is it so hard to understand that maybe BB has other interests and wants to do other things, and that at 65 years old with more money than he can spend, he would do something else? That means 4 more years until he is 65...where as Brady is signed for 5...

I can't see him doing ANYTHING else. Do you even have a clue of what you're talking about here? He would be miserable without coaching.  I am not saying he'll be coaching until 75 here in NE, but I can see him staying on after Brady and taking on that challenge.

He's not some Phil Jackson or now, hate to say it, Doc Rivers type, who needs to protect an ego. 

One thing I could see him doing in his late 60s or early 70s is coaching at Navy.   Could totally see something like that before he officially retires for good, which will be difficult for him. He's not the retiring type. No way.

I disagree. I would not pretend to remotely know the guy, but by all accounts it is reported that he has many interests, and even outside of football has a personality and sense of humor...I could see him doing something else...

Also, I didnt say retire, I said do something else...

I actually have a gut feel that Brady, while signed for 5 years, walks away in 3...and BB does as well...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

BB will walk away when he is ready, and on his own terms....just how he does everything else. The only people who REALLY know when that is is Bill himself, and maybe his hot GF. Other than that, it's purely a guess by anyone.....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I can't see him doing ANYTHING else. Do you even have a clue of what you're talking about here? He would be miserable without coaching.  I am not saying he'll be coaching until 75 here in NE, but I can see him staying on after Brady and taking on that challenge.

He's not some Phil Jackson or now, hate to say it, Doc Rivers type, who needs to protect an ego. 

One thing I could see him doing in his late 60s or early 70s is coaching at Navy.   Could totally see something like that before he officially retires for good, which will be difficult for him. He's not the retiring type. No way.

I disagree. I would not pretend to remotely know the guy, but by all accounts it is reported that he has many interests, and even outside of football has a personality and sense of humor...I could see him doing something else...

Also, I didnt say retire, I said do something else...

I actually have a gut feel that Brady, while signed for 5 years, walks away in 3...and BB does as well...

Of course you disagree. And, your gut feelings are usually god awful.  If Brady wins another SB, I can see him walking in 3 years, but he did say he wants to play until 40. Not sure why you would say that publicly, but he did.  I happen to believe him, barring a serious injury which would change things. I also think Gomer pushes him, so as long as Gomer is around, Brady will be too.

As for BB, I highly doubt he walks in 3 years or when Brady does.  He has the perfect job for a head coach.  He knows it would be impossible for what he does now to be better unless he's going back to his roots coaching at the college level like at Navy, which would sort of circle back to where it all began for him.

What other "job" do you think he'd be doing if not coaching football? I am serious. Just what could you envision him doing?  I can't envision anything. He's been a coach or wanting to be a coach since he was a kid.

It'd be like Brooks in Shawshank Redemption. He didn't know what to do with himself as a free man, so he killed himself.

I think Bradys decision will be family related, and he will start to drop off in effectiveness beneath his usual standards...

I have heard that BB said if he wasnt a coach, he could see himself as a teacher.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I didn't really find anything off base with what Bruschi said, the guy has been pretty accurate with some of his assesments. He was way ahead on calling out Ocho Cinco.

I think this defense had better be ready to carry this team until the offense figures things out - there may not be weekly 35 point cushions to bail them out. I think we will be able to roll out two corners that are actual legit NFL talents for the first time in five years. Our linebackers still may not be able to cover, and our defensive line needs to answer some questions, but there is talent there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Brady wondered who he was going to throw to in 2003, too, Tedy."

True, but in that case Brady had a world class defense that was actually feared by other teams and had to be game planned for. That worked a lot better for Brady and subsequently put less pressure on him. 

Glad you finally figured this out. 

It took you thousands of posts and countless screen names....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

wow, another rusty bashing Brady thread. so glad i checked in today.    

"Defense Wins Championships"

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.